PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Remastered

joeking970
01-17-2016, 08:50 PM
Can you please redo the first assassin's creed and maybe even add bloodlines for current gen. xbox 0ne and ps4 and all that and or maybe next gen when it comes. that would be great. especially since i never beat Assassin's creed because something messes up the map after the first few sequences. this is something alot of fans want and I and my fellow AC fans would be quite pleased. pls use original Altair voice actor.

Sesheenku
01-17-2016, 09:36 PM
I'd rather a full remake to bring in the new parkour at least. They can leave the rest of the mechanics but just update the graphics and parkour to be specific.

BananaBlighter
01-17-2016, 10:58 PM
I'd rather a full remake to bring in the new parkour at least. They can leave the rest of the mechanics but just update the graphics and parkour to be specific.

Yeah the parkour does need upgrading, maybe add in the controlled descent. Though I don't want a complete repeat of Unity's system because that would be a step back in many ways.

Fatal-Feit
01-17-2016, 11:01 PM
Yeah the parkour does need upgrading, maybe add in the controlled descent. Though I don't want a complete repeat of Unity's system because that would be a step back in many ways.

In what ways, may I ask?

m4r-k7
01-17-2016, 11:03 PM

I agree completely. It would be awesome to have AC 1 parkour remain the same but with parkour down . Either that or just keep it the same. The parkour is better in AC 1/Ezio games than in Unity and Syndicate apart from parkour down.

In what ways, may I ask?

The parkour in Unity and Syndicate has poorer animations (apart from parkour down), feel more clunky and is less accurate than previous installments IMO.

Fatal-Feit
01-17-2016, 11:10 PM
The parkour in Unity and Syndicate has poorer animations (apart from parkour down), feel more clunky and is less accurate than previous installments IMO.

Definitely agree with the accuracy. They've got to work on the precision. I can't say the same about the animations, though. Unity is a light year ahead.

One thing I truly miss from the older games is manual aiming. Press LT to aim and it stays there. It also allowed you to switch combat mode on/off, which I believe we desperately need because AC3-S wasn't very reliable.

m4r-k7
01-17-2016, 11:17 PM
Definitely agree with the accuracy. They've got to work on the precision. I can't say the same about the animations, though. Unity is a light year ahead.

The problem I have with the animations are that they often look / feel very clunky and super unrealistic. For example, normal wall running now involves no effort from the protagonist what so ever. Arno/Jacob/Evie literally just scuffle up the wall without using any leg movement or anything (not to mention that they literally jump up walls rather than climb them once they are on a building) Also, sometimes a jump will look super unrealistic, with the protagonist almost defying gravity. I was playing AC 1 earlier today and the parkour just feels so smooth when jumping from beam to beam, whereas in Unity and Syndicate there is a split second stop in between jumps which makes it so much less smooth. I might be the only one but I really really hate the new parkour systems animations (apart from parkour down which I believe is the best thing to come out of the new mechanics.)

There is definitely a problem for me when the first installment of an annual franchise feels better than the newest one xD

Sesheenku
01-17-2016, 11:48 PM
Animations didn't bug me. Clunky is the last word that comes to mind. The assassins practically glides all over the place now.

It was clunkier before, there used to be a short delay if you jumped across before they would begin climbing upward and playing without parkour down feels pretty annoying now.

Anyways Unity's parkour is faster in just about every way, aiming could be a bit more precise sure but other then that I think it's great.

Fatal-Feit
01-18-2016, 12:06 AM
The problem I have with the animations are that they often look / feel very clunky and super unrealistic. For example, normal wall running now involves no effort from the protagonist what so ever. Arno/Jacob/Evie literally just scuffle up the wall without using any leg movement or anything (not to mention that they literally jump up walls rather than climb them once they are on a building) Also, sometimes a jump will look super unrealistic, with the protagonist almost defying gravity. I was playing AC 1 earlier today and the parkour just feels so smooth when jumping from beam to beam, whereas in Unity and Syndicate there is a split second stop in between jumps which makes it so much less smooth. I might be the only one but I really really hate the new parkour systems animations (apart from parkour down which I believe is the best thing to come out of the new mechanics.)

There is definitely a problem for me when the first installment of an annual franchise feels better than the newest one xD

The one animation that does really bother me is climbing up high walls that has no ledges on them. AC1 actually bothers me here as well. Altair kicks upward, but there's no feedback from it. It's like he's climbing on invisible stairs. Also, the big jumps upwards while clinging on walls in Unity are pretty fake too. Anyway, the others are genuine. Even the long jump that people keep saying are fake. I've looked it up and it's real. The problem, or what makes it appear to be a problem to be more specific, is that Arno swings his legs forward and backward in air. I've seen multiple parkour fanatics do it in different ways (one jumps with both legs forward and another uses just one leg). It's not fake, but it's seemingly is. Also, I don't know what they call this move, but the one where you run up a wall 45 degree is also real. I've seen gifs of that and a video. I forgot the name of the video so unfortunately I can't link it.

The parkour down animations are what I'd say to be really fake. The speed and ferocity of some of the animations would take a huge toll on the limps if they haven't already fallen off, but all AC's generally share this problem. Even AC1. 10/10 parkour fanatics wouldn't recommend controlled descent.

I'm a huge fan of animations and I focus on them to an unhealthy degree (literally, I'm not joking here ಠ_ಠ) so I understand why you're bothered. Shame I disagree here.

Comparatively, AC1 ages better than most of the games (I mean the HB in AC1 actually slides in and out and sounds realistic!), but the animations are still very artificial and static. There's no life in them side by side. Unity shows the recovery from jumps and stuff. Every limb has motions and there's feedback to them.

m4r-k7
01-18-2016, 12:24 AM
I'm a huge fan of animations and I focus on them to an unhealthy degree (literally, I'm not joking here ಠ_ಠ) so I understand why you're bothered. Shame I disagree here.

Comparatively, AC1 ages better than most of the games (I mean the HB in AC1 actually slides in and out and sounds realistic!), but the animations are still very artificial and static. There's no life in them side by side. Unity shows the recovery from jumps and stuff. Every limb has motions and there's feedback to them.

I will definitely agree with you here. I do like the small things such as the feedback from large jumps etc and I do love that you can wall run at an angle.

Rioz22222
01-18-2016, 12:31 AM
Honestly I'd rather a whole reboot and maybe this time they get the story and make it just right...

ERICATHERINE
01-18-2016, 12:40 AM
To return on the true subject of the thread, I choosed yes, but I would prefer to get that AND every other games of the Desmond saga AND ac liberation hd AND ac rogue, all in one package. ^-^

Sesheenku
01-18-2016, 08:03 AM
To return on the true subject of the thread, I choosed yes, but I would prefer to get that AND every other games of the Desmond saga AND ac liberation hd AND ac rogue, all in one package. ^-^

You're probably asking too much.

M.ellith.
01-18-2016, 11:40 AM

Hell no! The AC1-ACRev parkour system was the best. Don't want to see any changes in parkour, as well as in combat, stealth etc. It should be only ported for Uplay and next-gen consoles. Without any changes. Otherwise i won't buy this game.