PDA

View Full Version : New Faction

raef115
01-17-2016, 05:22 PM
Hey guys don't you think it would be amazing if they would add Ottomans or Arab Knights in the game it would be crazy because there would be a faction for each continent and culture

premiumart
01-17-2016, 06:29 PM
How about we let them release the game first ? XD

Dont overcomplicate things ahead of time.

MisterWillow
01-19-2016, 10:22 AM
Just going to copy/paste what I said over HERE (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1174744-More-historical-warriors-in-the-future?p=10967287&viewfull=1#post10967287) and will probably do so from now on if new threads pop up, since it expresses my thoughts the most succinctly and has links to more detailed arguments, and it's easier than typing everything all over again (unless an actual new argument is presented).

More warrior from more cultures sounds awesome, although personally I'd prefer if they didn't add them as new factions for a couple of reasons.

1. As of right now you're only able to play as one faction per team. That is, you can't have two chosen and two legionnaires. That means that if we have 5+ factions the playerbase will be really divided and there'll be a high risk of friends not being able to play with each other using their favorite characters.

2. Since each faction need to have enough characters and diveristy to account for a four man team, that means each faction will take considerably more development time to bring to us, not to mention lots of cool historical warriors who only uses a few iconic weapons will have a hard time making it into the game since there isn't enough diversity to justify an entire faction.

I'd much prefer if new warriors either are "stand-alone" and able to chose a faction to join (i.e. available for all factions), or tacked onto an existing faction, mercenary style.

All of this expresses my thoughts, but that bolded bit is the biggest reason I don't think it's really a good idea to make entirely new factions. The proposal to have new warriors added to existing factions is something I brought up over HERE (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1237085-where-is-the-arabs), and I think that would be the best option for adding cultures; and if not as mercenaries, then as the result of alliances, even if they're shaky.

Native Americans

This would be the major exception. I think anything dealing with indigenous American cultures would work better as a standalone and completely separate expansion---similar to Battlefield Bad Company 2's Vietnam expansion---both because, from a realism standpoint, there's no way warriors wearing, at most, wooden breastplates and animal hides would be able to stand toe-to-toe with one in full plate, and, because you could get really in depth with the cultures---Maya, Aztec, Sioux, Apache, Blackfoot, etc. etc. (probably combining some, through an alliance system, or grouping them via geography [plains, plateau, jungle])---and avoid the vague stereotypes we usually get in media.

There was also this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1237085-where-is-the-arabs?) made a while ago asking for Arabic warriors. Still think they should add a Hero/class (or two) to the Legion.