PDA

View Full Version : Uplay improvement: to see how the game will perform on you PC before buying

Artur_Pro_333
01-16-2016, 02:51 PM
I would like to present an idea for Uplay service improvement that I have invented recently. The idea is connected to addition of a new small but useful feature to the Uplay client (and, perhaps, Uplay shop): the possibility for the player to see whether a game he/she desires to buy matches characteristics of a player’s PC and how the game will perform on a player’s computer.

To be more specific I want to present an operating algorithm of this feature:
Uplay shop has a database of required characteristics of a computer for playing a game on Ultra, High, Medium and Low graphics settings.
Uplay client collects data about player’s PC characteristics (OS, processor, RAM, etc.)
Uplay client compares required characteristics with characteristics of the player’s PC .
When a player chooses a game in the Uplay shop and adds an item to shopping cart, Uplay client shoes how his/her PC answers the requirements.[/I]

(For example, a player sees a message “This game will perform on Ultra settings on your PC” on a green background in the description of the game near the list of system requirements. Then, possibly, blew background for High settings, purple for Medium and yellow background for low settings).
I am extremely sure that this function is necessary and worth realizing.

There is always a great number of players who visit forums and ask whether their PC will be capable of performing this or that game. Implementation of such a function will show that ubisoft takes care of its players. What’s more, appearance of such a message as “This game will perform on Ultra settings on your PC” will serve as one more motive for a player to purchase a game in the Uplay shop.

Hope that you will find this idea interesting and worth realizing. Will be glad to hear your opinion (as well as ubisoft uplay developers, if possible) about that.

Fireseed
01-18-2016, 11:08 AM
Cool idea, would like them. :)

Artur_Pro_333
01-18-2016, 09:01 PM
I would like to present an idea for Uplay service improvement that I have invented recently. The idea is connected to addition of a new small but useful feature to the Uplay client (and, perhaps, Uplay shop): the possibility for the player to see whether a game he/she desires to buy matches characteristics of a player’s PC and how the game will perform on a player’s computer.

To be more specific I want to present an operating algorithm of this feature:
Uplay shop has a database of required characteristics of a computer for playing a game on Ultra, High, Medium and Low graphics settings.
Uplay client collects data about player’s PC characteristics (OS, processor, RAM, etc.)
Uplay client compares required characteristics with characteristics of the player’s PC .
When a player chooses a game in the Uplay shop and adds an item to shopping cart, Uplay client shoes how his/her PC answers the requirements.[/I]

(For example, a player sees a message “This game will perform on Ultra settings on your PC” on a green background in the description of the game near the list of system requirements. Then, possibly, blew background for High settings, purple for Medium and yellow background for low settings).
I am extremely sure that this function is necessary and worth realizing.

There is always a great number of players who visit forums and ask whether their PC will be capable of performing this or that game. Implementation of such a function will show that ubisoft takes care of its players. What’s more, appearance of such a message as “This game will perform on Ultra settings on your PC” will serve as one more motive for a player to purchase a game in the Uplay shop.

Hope that you will find this idea interesting and worth realizing. Will be glad to hear your opinion (as well as ubisoft uplay developers, if possible) about that.

UPD:
Have found several executives at Ubisoft who are responsible for Uplay development and sent a message with this suggestion recently. Waiting for their reaction:confused:

Artur_Pro_333
01-18-2016, 09:03 PM
Cool idea, would like them. :)

Thanks for you opinion, Fireseed!:D

Ubi-Joel
01-19-2016, 11:46 AM
Hey these are all really good suggestions, however it is unlikely that all of them can be implemented.

We are looking to make some adjustments that will give you a better idea of how well games will run on your system. Your suggestions will be taken into account when we start that process :)

/Joel