PDA

View Full Version : help needed

Gershy
01-12-2004, 08:12 AM
Hi all.
I haven't been flying for nearly 2 and a half months. Started to fly again this weekend with 1.21. Now i have serious problems with the 109s I used to fly them all of the time but the first thing i did this weekend was to try a little 1on1 online on HL. We both took a 109F4 but I couldn't turn with the guy and the rudder felt so heavy. So I went to mess around with my sticksettings and tried offline but I can't seem to find the right settings anymore http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif The Hurri and La5 seem to be much better in the vertical than me. I'm using a Saitek Cyborg 3D stick btw. Anyone got any advice how to adjust the settings? I tried a couple of things but nothing seems to work. thank you

Gershy
01-12-2004, 08:12 AM
Hi all.
I haven't been flying for nearly 2 and a half months. Started to fly again this weekend with 1.21. Now i have serious problems with the 109s I used to fly them all of the time but the first thing i did this weekend was to try a little 1on1 online on HL. We both took a 109F4 but I couldn't turn with the guy and the rudder felt so heavy. So I went to mess around with my sticksettings and tried offline but I can't seem to find the right settings anymore http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif The Hurri and La5 seem to be much better in the vertical than me. I'm using a Saitek Cyborg 3D stick btw. Anyone got any advice how to adjust the settings? I tried a couple of things but nothing seems to work. thank you

Maple_Tiger
01-12-2004, 09:18 AM
How much fuel do you have before you enage? Do you use Combat flaps when you turn? Try Open rad and reduse throttle when you go into a dive then close rad and go full throttle before you go vertical.

A P-51 can out turn another P-51 that has the same amount of fuel while bough are using Combat flaps. If one use's Auto Rad while the other use's a Closed Rad, the guy closing his Rad will evently win in a sustained turn.

Gershy
01-12-2004, 09:27 AM
thank you. I know how to use flaps and rad in combat. I've been flying a lot before but had to take a break due to work at Uni. Now I installed the new patch and I'm a bit confused. I know that the response of the 109 is not that good at higher speed but I'm surprised that the F4 behaves like that as well so I think it's my stick. I don't get any blackouts anymore for example, on the other hand I can stall her easily at the moment. this is the thing that confuses me a bit. On one hand it seems like i don't have enough stick response on the other hand it seems to be too much?!?