PDA

View Full Version : ACC: India is pretty good

Farlander1991
01-14-2016, 10:44 PM
So I played some of ACC India, and I think it's better than China. Mostly in the department of level design, the 2.5D levels are utilized in a more interesting manner, having a bunch of different routes on different layers (unlike China which was for the most part was linear with 2.5D being more of an aesthetic thing than anything). Also more variety in situations and locations, although sometimes the forced situations can be frustrating. There's a bit more tools to utilize, like you can do silent non-lethal takedowns now (as far as I remember you can't do that in China), can loot/pickpocket. Oh, also, in combat you don't have to hold the direction where you want to block, which is a welcome change, and in group fights the chances to die are still high (I died quite a bit when getting into group fights).

The Shadow/Silencer/Assassin medal system is here as well, with Shadow still being the most beneficial one which I'm twofold about. On one hand I think it makes sense, on another hand, it feels like the optional objectives in AC - technically it provides freedom how to complete missions, but also says 'yeah, how you did it is the wrong way so we're going to give you less points for that'. What makes it weirder is that there's character skin awarded for completing the game in all the different styles, so if you want to get a non-Shadow skin, you can't get the most points in levels. It's weird.

The music is unnoticable and not memorable outside of variations of Ezio's theme and Lorfe's First Civ theme (at least those are the ones I noticed so far, maybe will be more later). And the story is.... eh. More interesting than China, though, I suppose.

So, yeah. Still it's an enjoyable title. Have you played it?

SixKeys
01-14-2016, 10:58 PM
Is "Lorfe" a typo or a pet name? Either way it sounds funny.

I'm going to wait for a sale. China was free and it was still disappointing. I seriously hope the PC controls have improved, or that we can at least rebind them without messing with game files like with China.

Farlander1991
01-14-2016, 11:05 PM
Is "Lorfe" a typo or a pet name? Either way it sounds funny.

Lol :D

I'm going to wait for a sale. China was free and it was still disappointing. I seriously hope the PC controls have improved, or that we can at least rebind them without messing with game files like with China.

I wouldn't count on it to be honest. I'm playing on controller so don't know what they did with keyboard controls, but in terms of customizing video options there's nothing but resolution like in China (unless you go to the .ini files)

BananaBlighter
01-14-2016, 11:24 PM
Good to hear. Looking at some gameplay, I really like the art style and the whole fluidity of it all. Stealth is my thing, though it may feel a bit restricting and repetitive when you're not given that same freedom as the other games. What attracts me to AC is the beauty of the open worlds, and though this isn't exactly that, it seems there's still that sort of atmosphere with markets and all. I'm still gonna wait for all three to come out on a physical copy though.

SixKeys
01-14-2016, 11:45 PM
I do appreciate these games (at least China) for having proper, challenging stealth, but that owes more to Mark of the Ninja than AC. In these games you can't even kill from a hiding spot if a guard has spotted you near it. So unlike in the main games, you can't throw a noisemarker next to a hiding door and pull them in when they come to inspect. The door will be the first thing they check.

HDinHB
01-15-2016, 12:00 AM
The music is unnoticable and not memorable outside of variations of Ezio's theme and Lorfe's First Civ theme (at least those are the ones I noticed so far, maybe will be more later). And the story is.... eh. More interesting than China, though, I suppose.

So, yeah. Still it's an enjoyable title. Have you played it?

No, not yet. :) Does the music have an "Indian vibe" to it? I know they are doing different art styles, does that extend to the music too?

I haven't even played China yet. I'm so far behind, and, honestly, it's been staying at the bottom of the queue.

I'm still gonna wait for all three to come out on a physical copy though.

You won't have too much longer to wait: http://smile.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Chronicles-PlayStation-4-Standard/dp/B0192NHBNO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452811959&sr=8-1&keywords=assassin%27s+creed+chronicles

Farlander1991
01-15-2016, 12:21 AM
I do appreciate these games (at least China) for having proper, challenging stealth, but that owes more to Mark of the Ninja than AC. In these games you can't even kill from a hiding spot if a guard has spotted you near it. So unlike in the main games, you can't throw a noisemarker next to a hiding door and pull them in when they come to inspect. The door will be the first thing they check.

If they investigate without noticing you you can assassinate them (at least in India, don't remember how it was in China). I'm not sure what's the behavior with partially filled red, though.

No, not yet. :) Does the music have an "Indian vibe" to it? I know they are doing different art styles, does that extend to the music too?

Well, it sounds Indian to me so yeah :D

Good to hear. Looking at some gameplay, I really like the art style and the whole fluidity of it all. Stealth is my thing, though it may feel a bit restricting and repetitive when you're not given that same freedom as the other games. What attracts me to AC is the beauty of the open worlds, and though this isn't exactly that, it seems there's still that sort of atmosphere with markets and all. I'm still gonna wait for all three to come out on a physical copy though.

There's quite a bit of freedom in ACC:India. Well, I guess it varies, as there are pretty linear sections as well, but then there's also levels where I noticed I was just not visiting chunks of the maps because of the routes I was taking. And there are plenty of alternate routes, like in some cases you can go one way and with a timed navigational challenge go around all enemies, or go the other way and stealth your way through (or battle).

Overall I'd say the experience is still not open-world as it's a platformer and all, but it feels pretty open. At least in the first third or so of the game, will see how it goes.

RVSage
01-15-2016, 05:03 AM
will get to it this weekend

strigoi1958
01-15-2016, 03:53 PM
It looked excellent on Twitch.