PDA

View Full Version : I want to choose between playing as a Templar or Assassin

Cpt_Nutsaw
01-14-2016, 07:27 PM
I've always wanted to play as a templar a lot more than I've wanted to play as an assassin but so far the only game in the franchise which has let us do that has been AC: Rogue but after that it was back to assassins.

What would you think about being able to choose between templars or assassins in the next game?

Rioz22222
01-14-2016, 07:36 PM
great idea I'd like that too just how you can chose your side / path in starwars dark side (sith) / light side (jedi) :D

will be fun to play as templars again

cawatrooper9
01-14-2016, 07:44 PM
Honestly, I'd like to switch between protagonists that against each other, like a Templar and an Assassin. I think the JTR DLC sets that up as a possibility, and shows that mere game progressive could be incentive enough to philosophically "play against" yourself.

That being said, everything you'd be doing would technically still be canon. On the other hand, if I were to read the question differently, it seems as if you're suggesting a choice to choose between being one of these two groups- kind of like in KOTOR. This I would totally be against, as AC is supposed to be about reliving the past (unless they could work up some quantum mechanics/multiverse BS up. It's not like they stick to the Animus lore that closely anyway, now).

Sesheenku
01-14-2016, 07:51 PM
I don't really care tbh.

dxsxhxcx
01-14-2016, 08:39 PM
I voted NO because what you seem to be suggesting is choose which one we want to control at the beginning of the game (what I believe would take a lot of effort to do) rather than having two protagonists on different sides.

I would like to see this happening (dual protagonists again but on different sides) but if play as a Templar means control a reskinned version of an Assassin then IMO they shouldn't bother

Rioz22222
01-14-2016, 08:54 PM
I voted NO because what you seem to be suggesting is choose which one we want to control at the beginning of the game (what I believe would take a lot of effort to do) rather than having two protagonists on different sides.

I would like to see this happening (dual protagonists again but on different sides) but if play as a Templar means control a reskinned version of an Assassin then IMO they shouldn't bother

have you ever seen or played James cameron AVATAR game ? there are 2 sides humans and avatars and you can chose to help who and destroy the games was made by Ubisoft as well so why not see the same about Assassin's creed games ?

cawatrooper9
01-14-2016, 09:17 PM
the games was made by Ubisoft as well so why not see the same about Assassin's creed games ?

Because, like I said in an earlier post, these games are about reliving historical events. It doesn't make sense to have choices that big.

Cpt_Nutsaw
01-14-2016, 09:26 PM

Yeah maybe it would be better if they did it like they did in Syndicate, should have thought of that when making the poll but oh well. :)

Cpt_Nutsaw
01-14-2016, 09:37 PM
Honestly, I'd like to switch between protagonists that against each other, like a Templar and an Assassin. I think the JTR DLC sets that up as a possibility, and shows that mere game progressive could be incentive enough to philosophically "play against" yourself.

That being said, everything you'd be doing would technically still be canon. On the other hand, if I were to read the question differently, it seems as if you're suggesting a choice to choose between being one of these two groups- kind of like in KOTOR. This I would totally be against, as AC is supposed to be about reliving the past (unless they could work up some quantum mechanics/multiverse BS up. It's not like they stick to the Animus lore that closely anyway, now).

What is "JTR DLC" if I may ask? :)

SectionHades
01-14-2016, 10:01 PM
Halo somewhat tried switching and it ended up frustrating a lot of people. In ACS, 13 hours of game play were not enough to establish a personal connection between two twins and the player, let alone two enemies from opposing factions. Good idea, but I don't think if it will work in AC.

Ureh
01-14-2016, 10:44 PM

Jack the Ripper Downloadable Content (for Syndicate)

ERICATHERINE
01-14-2016, 11:00 PM
I voted no, because if I had to choose which side I'm on, I would choose (for md of course) the initiates. ^-^

Rioz22222
01-15-2016, 12:09 AM
Because, like I said in an earlier post, these games are about reliving historical events. It doesn't make sense to have choices that big.

kinda agree aside of that it would make AC series Role playing, RPG for short :D

Cpt_Nutsaw
01-15-2016, 12:49 AM
Jack the Ripper Downloadable Content (for Syndicate)

Oh ok, Thanks man! ;)

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-15-2016, 01:07 AM
Now that we've seen both sides of each party, it's kinda hard to say at this point.

But I had to pick one, it's the Assassin's for me.

And didn't we have a three like this already?

Namikaze_17
01-15-2016, 05:46 AM
Corey for the Templar perspective.
Darby for the Assassin perspective.

Oh wait... :/

strigoi1958
01-15-2016, 03:51 PM
It would be awesome in multiplayer... 2 teams or 1 v1 in MD protecting or attacking the animus or even in the memories trying to obtain a relic or POE.

cawatrooper9
01-15-2016, 04:13 PM
Jack da Ripper

crusader_prophet
01-16-2016, 12:06 AM
This is not as simple as you would think. Assassins and Templars are fundamentally different factions. A templar's gameplay style should be drastically different than an Assassin. Haytham and Shay were converted templars with Eagle Vision. For a templar from beginning with no eagle vision or first civ DNA would require significant diversion from the current gameplay style. that is just only gameplay, developing and making a story evolve in two different perspectives are way more work than UbiSoft currently puts in each game. While it would be cool to do that, but that will also require significant resources and investment and will be almost like developing two different games at one time and effectively merging them so it does not seem that they are two different games.

ImaginaryRuins
01-16-2016, 04:12 AM
The game is called "Assassin's Creed", so even if such a feature were introduced, I would always stick to being an Assassin. I simply can't bear living in the Templars' world.

VoldR
01-16-2016, 05:33 AM
1. Two protagonists, opposite sides. Like in Dishonered. At the end u see the point of view of another. Whether the end result ur dead or not.

2. Choose sides???
One ancestor we play will effect the results of our own present day story... :)

3. What if?
Like the ultimate sith edition of Force Unleashed.
U play a scenario where the dark side wins.

Maybe we can have a dlc or every time we finish the canon story, we get a what if story.
No present days part, just the ancestors.

Choose which templar boss to be and change history that does lead to future parts.

Like in AC:I
Robert wins and Altair may have escaped alive but fail to get the apple or succeed.

Which leads on to other titles with their alternate timeline.

Oo

Ureh
01-16-2016, 06:08 AM
1. Two protagonists, opposite sides. Like in Dishonered. At the end u see the point of view of another. Whether the end result ur dead or not.

I heard that Dishonored 2 is getting two playable protags as well (won't name them for spoilers). Although I don't think we can switch between the two at will.
----

As the AC timeline progresses we notice that the Templars and Assassins are becoming more and more similar, they use similar strategies and tools to fight each other. In the medieval times, they're really different. The Templars go for the heavy armour, giant red bullseye painted on their backs, heavy weapons and shields. We know what the Assassins use and wear. But back then they both were known to the public, they had huge castles. Centuries go by, those edifices are abandoned, both sides begin to embrace the underground. In the Ezio trilogy multiplayer, some of the Templar agents are starting to conceal their weapons, some even dress as assassins and construct their own version of the hidden blade. We never get an explanation for Templar Vision (Eagle Vision's equivalent, does it mean that there are Templars with heavy concentration of FirstCiv DNA? Probably.) Templars are as capable as Assassins when it comes to freerunning and combat. 18th Century, both factions use guns, melee weapons, both still use poisons, have their own fleets, money, they operate in the shadows, though not clearly shown Templars can also freerun. Fast forward to the Cross comics, we see that both sides trade less blows with their fists and prefer to pull the strings. Templars especially are using modern technology (a portion of which are based on FirstCiv tech gleaned from the Animus), they are also able to flawlessly copy the Assassin hidden blade at this point - who knows how long they've been able to do this, Templars aren't that dumb, I hope. Templars and Assassins are two sides of the same coin - like Harvey Dent's coin! (assuming you don't count the number of times the lore tries very hard to portray Templars as being evil).

How about a playable Templar who joins the Assassins? We have already have Lucy, Shay (playable), Daniel, Haytham (playable), and many Assassins joining the Templars. At the end of the Dead Kings dlc, it looks like the Assassin messenger might be a Sage - could be wrong, and not sure if confirmed by devs - wouldn't it be interesting if a Sage can choose to disobey Juno and work with the Assassins instead? I seem to remember Aita - in AC3 - advocating for the humans but only decided to help Juno instead because of their relationship. I'm not much of a writer, my imagination isn't all that great... but who knows? Maybe they can write a story that revolves around playable Assassin + Templar protags.

LoyalACFan
01-16-2016, 07:24 AM
No, because it would require the creation of two entirely different games. Totally a pie-in-the-sky wish.

itsamea-mario
01-16-2016, 09:37 AM
Why do we have to pick sides?
Can't we all just get along?

LoyalACFan
01-16-2016, 11:22 AM
Why do we have to pick sides?
Can't we all just get along?

Assassin's Creed: Kumbaya is unlikely to sell well.

VoldR
01-16-2016, 11:32 AM
We never get an explanation for Templar Vision (Eagle Vision's equivalent, does it mean that there are Templars with heavy concentration of FirstCiv DNA? Probably.)

I hope. Templars and Assassins are two sides of the same coin - like Harvey Dent's coin! (assuming you don't count the number of times the lore tries very hard to portray Templars as being evil).

How about a playable Templar who joins the Assassins? We have already have Lucy, Shay (playable), Daniel, Haytham (playable), and many Assassins joining the Templars.

1. Some say anyone can have the vision with long proper training, not sure if limited to genes, used to be but later on its like no big deal.

This is however animus training we're talking here, with the multiplayer games, which is the point of it to gain abilities of others through the animus.

2. I believe it's already been described as such from AC3 or else where.

3. I would like someone like elise, her father and whats his name..., who stayed templar for their believes but have common goals with the assassins on occasion.

Even haytham had some times with assassins when it suits him.
:)

dxsxhxcx
01-16-2016, 12:45 PM
We never get an explanation for Templar Vision (Eagle Vision's equivalent, does it mean that there are Templars with heavy concentration of FirstCiv DNA? Probably.)

Convenience

Ureh
01-17-2016, 04:08 AM
1. Some say anyone can have the vision with long proper training, not sure if limited to genes, used to be but later on its like no big deal.

Oh yeah! I forgot about that. :) All humans have first civ dna right? Yea cause they're all descended from the last 10k survivors all of which were created by the first civ.

---
They might be able to pull it off. Two characters from different factions who lived and breathed the same air, witnessed the same events, perhaps even lived in the same city or country. Maybe one of them was doing something while the other person was elsewhere doing something else. Maybe one of their memories is corrupted, lost, erased, or maybe they were simply unconscious. So we switch to the other guy who was able to see what the character wasn't able to, you know? So we switch back and fourth to piece the whole story together. Both unaware of the others existence, purpose, or goal but are setting things in motion... The consequences only being felt centuries later. It could be like one of those "relationships" between two people that pass each other on the streets, they gaze into the other's eyes, then continue on their way without knowing who they just passed. And then the culmination, they finally meet and they cooperate to reach the end of something and obtain this thing, then they say stuff, etc.