PDA

View Full Version : Update 3.8.0 - 14/01/16

Ubi-JollyCharly
01-14-2016, 05:47 PM
Hello Riders !

Today we had a new update for Trials Frontier, available on both Android and iOS.
Keep reading to learn more about its content!

Butch and his gang have been up to their usual shenanigans and causing all kinds of trouble. We’ve been hard at work cleaning up after them to bring you an even smoother experience than before.

This update does not have a new and shiny event but it’ll have lots of bug fixes and improvements to make Frontier even better. Some of the most noticeable changes and fixes this update brings:

Removal of Christmas: The Village and the game icon will be changed back to normal since Christmas is over.
Leaderboard fixes: More bug fixes and improvements done to the Leaderboard system. These should help with the leaderboard inaccuracy issues.
Sharing UI: Post-race screen sharing UI has had a small facelift
Faster access to save game: Uplay can now be accessed from the start of the game from the Pause menu. This gives faster access to player progress saved to the server.
Fixes for the freezes and fps drops: More fixes to improve the performance of the game.

Grand Crafting Bundle:

This update also comes with a double offer bundle that will appear in a single popup.

The first offer includes:

350 000 Coins / 350 Gems
100 pieces of each tier 1 crafting item.
Price: 9.99$

The second offer includes:

150 000 Coins / 150 Gems
40 pieces of each tier 1 crafting item.
Price: 5.99$

Bug fixes

As mentioned before, this update brings quite a few fixes for bugs you might have experienced lately:

Issue with Anba missions getting broken
Every purchase should have a confirmation pop up
Hitbox issue with saw blades in Widowmaker and Woodwork Conclave tracks
Issue with camera zooming too far in the Widowmaker track
Leaderboard inaccuracies
Banana peel appears while racing against ghost from Leaderboard
Opponent ghost fails to appear for robot man mission [iOS]
Game freezes during the gameplay in offline mode [iOS]
User can purchase the fuel even if 'Unlimited Fuel' power is active [iOS]

Should you have any question about the update, do not hesitate to ask!

JollyCharly

PL-k4kshi-TFG
01-14-2016, 06:16 PM
you forgot to mention something really cool :)
they added the thing that on the start of a donkey race, donkey isnt touching the floor but slightly over it and it helps to catch the grip... i love it!

Roger-_-Lee
01-14-2016, 06:53 PM
they added the thing that on the start of a donkey race, donkey isnt touching the floor but slightly over it and it helps to catch the grip... i love it!

btw, the donkey ghost looks bigger than the normal one

PL-k4kshi-TFG
01-14-2016, 07:03 PM
btw, the donkey ghost looks bigger than the normal one

yeah haha those wheels got full ****** :P
EDIT: the word r.e.t.a.r.d got censored

RapiD450
01-14-2016, 07:18 PM
Hello Riders !

Today we had a new update for Trials Frontier, available on both Android and iOS.
Keep reading to learn more about its content!

Butch and his gang have been up to their usual shenanigans and causing all kinds of trouble. We’ve been hard at work cleaning up after them to bring you an even smoother experience than before.

This update does not have a new and shiny event but it’ll have lots of bug fixes and improvements to make Frontier even better. Some of the most noticeable changes and fixes this update brings:

Removal of Christmas: The Village and the game icon will be changed back to normal since Christmas is over.
Leaderboard fixes: More bug fixes and improvements done to the Leaderboard system. These should help with the leaderboard inaccuracy issues.
Sharing UI: Post-race screen sharing UI has had a small facelift
Faster access to save game: Uplay can now be accessed from the start of the game from the Pause menu. This gives faster access to player progress saved to the server.
Fixes for the freezes and fps drops: More fixes to improve the performance of the game.

Grand Crafting Bundle:

This update also comes with a double offer bundle that will appear in a single popup.

The first offer includes:

350 000 Coins / 350 Gems
100 pieces of each tier 1 crafting item.
Price: 9.99$

The second offer includes:

150 000 Coins / 150 Gems
40 pieces of each tier 1 crafting item.
Price: 5.99$

Bug fixes

As mentioned before, this update brings quite a few fixes for bugs you might have experienced lately:

Issue with Anba missions getting broken
Every purchase should have a confirmation pop up
Hitbox issue with saw blades in Widowmaker and Woodwork Conclave tracks
Issue with camera zooming too far in the Widowmaker track
Leaderboard inaccuracies
Banana peel appears while racing against ghost from Leaderboard
Opponent ghost fails to appear for robot man mission [iOS]
Game freezes during the gameplay in offline mode [iOS]
User can purchase the fuel even if 'Unlimited Fuel' power is active [iOS]

Should you have any question about the update, do not hesitate to ask!

JollyCharly

Hello,
Special offer is not fixed, and I do not see the first and second offer (
http://zupimages.net/up/15/39/zqnn.png

justinman114
01-14-2016, 08:31 PM
Anyone else having trouble getting the leaderboards to load after the update? Mine will not.

HiEverybody3
01-14-2016, 08:49 PM
Anyone else having trouble getting the leaderboards to load after the update? Mine will not.

They have been loading at a time for me, but they mostly don't.

PL-k4kshi-TFG
01-14-2016, 08:57 PM
yep same here, or they are loading very slow or not at all... everytime i open the game it loads again

justinman114
01-14-2016, 09:55 PM

This is actually probably annoying to anyone who rides the Donkey leaderboards since now they will have to go back and redo all or most of the tracks just to gain a small amount of time.

NO-bwestlie
01-14-2016, 10:12 PM

Yes, but it was like this even before the update, so don't think that the update is the reason.

EHVdeG
01-15-2016, 01:57 AM
This is actually probably annoying to anyone who rides the Donkey leaderboards since now they will have to go back and redo all or most of the tracks just to gain a small amount of time.

I tested it on a few tracks, maybe not enough yet to know for sure, but it's actually slower. It takes time for the wheels to hit the ground, falling down takes time, time I'd rather use to go forward. It makes the start easier, you can just hold forward and throttle button at the start. I hope this is not intended and will be fixed soon, just like the messed up ghosts we see now.

Whitechapple
01-15-2016, 02:44 AM
Lol @ the Grand Crafting Bundle. I guess it's geared at new players, but still.

skatetortoise
01-15-2016, 03:51 AM
Updated my app today! Opened it, started to download something within the app itself, then crashed. I haven't been able to successfully open it since. I've looked around for other such posts, but alas, it's just me -_-

iwillnotwin257
01-15-2016, 04:36 AM

I HATE this change. Not needed, but I feel like I have to start all over. GRRRRRRR

sacpush
01-15-2016, 08:19 AM
H jollycharly
can u confirm that the issue of not receiving gifts has been sought out on this update
as said earlier I haven't been able to receive any gifts since like 10 days
so I really hope this update fixed it
by the way I m on android

Ubi-JollyCharly
01-15-2016, 12:52 PM
Hi everyone,

I forwarded all you questions/remarks about the new update, and I will let you know as soon as I have more info.

@Sacpush, as far as I know the gift feature isn't part of this update, but it is also possible it wasn't specified in the details I received, so I'll ask for a confirmation.

JollyCharly

putnamehere9876
01-15-2016, 01:15 PM
Any chance that some of the old event maps got added to the loot pool this update?

Ubi-JollyCharly
01-15-2016, 01:48 PM

Hi PL-k4kshi,

I didn't forget unfortunately, because this is not intended :/
We will be monitoring this issue closely, to see if there is a significant impact in the LB or not, if this impact is positive or negative. And then we will see what is the best to do.

H jollycharly
can u confirm that the issue of not receiving gifts has been sought out on this update
as said earlier I haven't been able to receive any gifts since like 10 days
so I really hope this update fixed it
by the way I m on android

Hi Sacpush,

I have the confirmation that is wasn't part of the update, because they couldn't identify yet what is causing this issue with the gifts.

Updated my app today! Opened it, started to download something within the app itself, then crashed. I haven't been able to successfully open it since. I've looked around for other such posts, but alas, it's just me -_-

Hi skatetortoise,

I am afraid it is just you so far :(
Do you have enough space available on the phone? Did you clear the caches?

Hello justinman114,

The team is monitoring the LB, but so far haven't see any issue. So we keep an eye on it.

JollyCharly

TrialsRider23
01-15-2016, 02:21 PM
I think RedLynx needs to take a look at their recent reviews since this last update. The game is unplayable. Lag, Crash, Lag, Crash, Lag, Crash.....

iOS 9.2

Achereto
01-15-2016, 03:04 PM
With the update Trials Frontier crashes on my Android, too. There is about 600MB free space on my phone which has always been enough. I emptied the cache though, but that didn't help either. :-(

Ubi-JollyCharly
01-15-2016, 05:28 PM
Hi TrialsRider23 and Achereto,

You mean since yesterday's update? Or the one before (December)?

JollyCharly

TrialsRider23
01-15-2016, 06:38 PM
It was going on before yesterday's update and it continues to be an issue after the update.

Achereto
01-16-2016, 03:06 AM
I mean yesterday's update. The December update worked fine.

sanymas
01-16-2016, 06:06 AM
One good thing about this update is all my PB times which were not showing in the lb are updated.
A big Thank you.

robikasztar
01-16-2016, 12:05 PM
Is there a way to fix the "Connect to Buy" issue? I haven't been able to buy anything from the store since november/december (can't remember exactly) last year.

Platform: iOS, latest updates installed and everything.

TrialsRider23
01-18-2016, 02:42 AM
Is there a way to fix the "Connect to Buy" issue? I haven't been able to buy anything from the store since november/december (can't remember exactly) last year.

Platform: iOS, latest updates installed and everything.

Delete the game. Install again. Play through the tutorials and stuff. Then login to your Uplay account and choose SERVER to recover your progress. Should work then,

FatalDragon69
01-18-2016, 07:38 AM
Delete the game. Install again. Play through the tutorials and stuff. Then login to your Uplay account and choose SERVER to recover your progress. Should work then,

Just to let you know.....There's no need to play through the Tutorials anymore, since the latest update, they've added a UPlay Button into the Pause Menu so we can get to our Game Data a lot quicker now !!

So all you need to do is.....Install the game then hit Pause as soon as it lets you, then simply Log-in and retrieve your account data from the Server ok !!

!! Hope this Helps.....Enjoy !! :cool:

robikasztar
01-18-2016, 01:24 PM
Thank you very much to both of you.

It worked!

OldSkullD
01-19-2016, 04:29 AM
Just to let you know.....There's no need to play through the Tutorials anymore, since the latest update, they've added a UPlay Button into the Pause Menu so we can get to our Game Data a lot quicker now !!

So all you need to do is.....Install the game then hit Pause as soon as it lets you, then simply Log-in and retrieve your account data from the Server ok !!

I wondered what that was about. As a request, can this new button be hidden for players who are past the initial tutorials since there is already a uplay button above the town? To me (currently) this is just another annoying way to accidentally jump to uplay.

sanymas
01-19-2016, 06:28 AM
Hi
Jollycharly and GOOnzi
No season rewards for me from blitz season 4.

crazybboy-TFG
01-19-2016, 12:19 PM
after previous season, didn't get the rarified fuels as rewards achivieng rank 5 ... and some more users are having this issue aswell.

PL-k4kshi-TFG
01-19-2016, 01:15 PM
after previous season, didn't get the rarified fuels as rewards achivieng rank 5 ... and some more users are having this issue aswell.

lol i literally did a thread about it a sec ago, what a coincidence haha

hikasrams
01-19-2016, 06:54 PM
Check slot machine behavior:
2 SM times I was offline (in town) but it did not required me internet connection and allowed to spin for mission and allowed to spin for rewards :confused: - new feature uploading results to server while coming back online? (U and connection icons were disabled).

Ubi-JollyCharly
01-19-2016, 07:38 PM
I wondered what that was about. As a request, can this new button be hidden for players who are past the initial tutorials since there is already a uplay button above the town? To me (currently) this is just another annoying way to accidentally jump to uplay.

Hi OldSkullD,

Thank you for your feedback, I will mention it to the team.

Hi
Jollycharly and GOOnzi
No season rewards for me from blitz season 4.

Hi sanymas,

Yes there is a problem with the last season rewards for some players, and the team is working on a fix.
I will let you know as soon as I have more info (probably on PL-K4kshi discussion on the subject).

Check slot machine behavior:
2 SM times I was offline (in town) but it did not required me internet connection and allowed to spin for mission and allowed to spin for rewards :confused: - new feature uploading results to server while coming back online? (U and connection icons were disabled).

Hi hikasrams,

thanks for the info.
I'll forward this so that the team can keep an eye on it.

JollyCharly

Xtabay
01-20-2016, 08:46 PM

What does this mean exactly? I've never had the need to visit Uplay, nor have I manually ever managed my save data. For me this is just a nuisance, since every time I try to rage quit, I accidentally press the Uplay button because now it's the most bottom option. So now my rage quits take an extra few seconds more, because Uplay starts loading and doesn't accept the back button right away. Long story short: can't you let a man rage quit in peace?

bunnyhop90-
01-21-2016, 08:03 AM
What does this mean exactly? I've never had the need to visit Uplay, nor have I manually ever managed my save data. For me this is just a nuisance, since every time I try to rage quit, I accidentally press the Uplay button because now it's the most bottom option. So now my rage quits take an extra few seconds more, because Uplay starts loading and doesn't accept the back button right away. Long story short: can't you let a man rage quit in peace?

:) two words - anger management :)

PL-k4kshi-TFG
01-21-2016, 09:03 AM
Long story short: can't you let a man rage quit in peace?

hahhahahahahah same here :p

sanymas
01-21-2016, 05:44 PM
Got the bunker rewards (jems and bike skin)
Did not received donuts and rarefied fuel,but I can live without it.
Closed the ticket.
Thank you jollycharly,GOOnzi and the RL team for the assistance.

Ubi-JollyCharly
01-21-2016, 06:21 PM

Hi Xtabay,

This is actually not what I was talking about. I was mentioning the fact that now we don't have to finish the tutorial to login into Uplay (level 4), so it is much faster to restore your progress after you had to reinstall the game, or change phone.
I tried it myself, now we only have to play the 2 first introduction races to have access to Uplay. So instead of spending 30min to reach level 4, you can restore your game in 5 min tops, including reinstalling the app.
It is something players have been asking for a long time! :)

Got the bunker rewards (jems and bike skin)
Did not received donuts and rarefied fuel,but I can live without it.
Closed the ticket.
Thank you jollycharly,GOOnzi and the RL team for the assistance.

Hi sanymas,

As far as we know, only the rarefied fuel wasn't rewarded after the last Season. The support will manually credit you with it if you did a ticket, no need to close it ;)

JollyCharly

sanymas
01-21-2016, 07:22 PM
Yes i have read the thread about the rarefield fuel not awarded but mine was a different case altogether as I didn't get any rewards after finishing in the leagends.no bike skin,no jems,no donuts,no rarefeild fuel and no coins.
Anyways already have closed my ticket
Thanks again.

Smarnyan
02-19-2016, 09:33 AM
Hi,

for some reason, this update is freezing every time I get back to the village view, including closing gift box, settings, map view, possibly all others too. Even when it downloaded the content using the in-game system, it froze after the download was complete. The music continue to play on background.

iPad 2.

EDIT: looks like it got sorted out, it was waiting for pumpkin event end. Guess there should be some kind of timeout of few seconds to continue even if server won’t give the information... :)