PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to recognize your own flight´s radio messages

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 12:39 AM
I´m flying teh Finnish campaign and I have edited the conf.ini so that I have as much planes as possible in the air. The action is fantastic and I´m enjoying the campaign immensely, but I have a problem with the radio calls. When someone reports enemy fighters or bombers I have no way of knowing if it´s my flight leader or another flight 100 miles away. It´s equally difficult to know who´s calling for help and I´ve disengaged several times just to find out that my buddies are fine and another flight far away is having problems.

In real life I´d recognize the pilot´s voices and they would probably use flight callsigns as well. This would probably be impossible to implement into the sim anymore, but I came up with another way; what if your own flight´s radio traffic was louder than the rest? This would simulate recognition by voice and help situational awareness.

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 12:39 AM
I´m flying teh Finnish campaign and I have edited the conf.ini so that I have as much planes as possible in the air. The action is fantastic and I´m enjoying the campaign immensely, but I have a problem with the radio calls. When someone reports enemy fighters or bombers I have no way of knowing if it´s my flight leader or another flight 100 miles away. It´s equally difficult to know who´s calling for help and I´ve disengaged several times just to find out that my buddies are fine and another flight far away is having problems.

In real life I´d recognize the pilot´s voices and they would probably use flight callsigns as well. This would probably be impossible to implement into the sim anymore, but I came up with another way; what if your own flight´s radio traffic was louder than the rest? This would simulate recognition by voice and help situational awareness.

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 03:35 AM
I wish your flight leader had his own unique voice so you could recognize him. Doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to program into the game.

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 03:47 AM
two questions:

1: what do you edit in conf.ini to get more flights?
2: what about lag issues?
what are your specs?

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 04:14 AM
You might try this post on the Tech Support Forum. You might get some help altering the sound files for louder, different voice, etc.

------------------ /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 01:13 AM
Changing the sound files would´n´t help, because those changes would affect every voice, not just the ones in your flight. The idea is to make your own flight´s voices recognizable.

To get lots of activity put these lines in the conf.ini:

RandomFlights=5
CampaignMissions=Hard