PDA

View Full Version : Which Revolutionary period is your favorite?

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-13-2016, 02:26 AM
So far, we've had 3 major games with 3 major revolutionary periods in history.

American
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1656015/connor_rooftop.jpeg

French
https://cms-images.idgesg.net/images/article/2014/06/acu_screen_parisrooftop_e3_140609_4pmpst_140214377 0-100313349-orig.jpg

Industrial
http://rack.2.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDE1LzA1LzEyLzlkL0Fzc2Fzc2luc19DLjI1ZmQ5LmpwZw pwCXRodW1iCTEyMDB4OTYwMD4/34fd12a3/2d1/Assassins_Creed_Syndicate_Thames_River.jpg

Which one is your favorite based on: gameplay, story, content and/or open world experience.

I was gonna do this as one choice only but that sounds like it might be hard to choose if you have more than one ;P

SixKeys
01-13-2016, 02:31 AM
Industrial, definitely.

Namikaze_17
01-13-2016, 02:39 AM
Story - American
Gameplay - French
Open-world/Content - Industrial

itsamea-mario
01-13-2016, 03:23 AM
Dance Dance.

VestigialLlama4
01-13-2016, 12:49 PM
Revolution is more a political thing. The industrial revolution was more a phrase. And I don't think syndicate dealt with the industrial revolution as anything more than wallpaper.

Anyway I think AC3 was the only game that really tried to give some complexity to revolutionary movements in story and style. Not perfectly done but it tried.

Unity ideally should have been better because it was the biggest most complex revolution in world history but they gave us a rancid piece of crypto fascist nonsense instead.

Sorrosyss
01-13-2016, 01:59 PM
Russian. Oh wait, that's next month. :p

Of those three, prolly the American. It's really going to come down to which of the three games you enjoyed most, and its AC3 out of them for me. I miss exploring the frontier, and the varied locations.

I think thematically too the American one really tore things up politically between them and Britain. As a UK citizen, I found it all quite fascinating to experience. By token, the Industrial Revolution had the least impact on me, perhaps because so much of London looks the same as it once did, even today as I walk around it.

cawatrooper9
01-13-2016, 03:10 PM
Anyway I think AC3 was the only game that really tried to give some complexity to revolutionary movements in story and style. Not perfectly done but it tried.

Agreed. Syndicate and Unity's revolutions (while drastically different to begin with) were nothing more than a backdrop for their stories. ACIII actually dealt with pretty close up with the revolution. As VL4 says, while it was far from perfect, it actually captured some pretty decent moments here and there.

Rioz22222
01-13-2016, 03:28 PM
Story - French ACU
Gameplay - French ACU
Content and open world xp - French ACU

you can also see how ACU has better lightening and graphics than ACS in pictures submitted by OP .

HDinHB
01-13-2016, 07:55 PM
You forgot the Renaissance, which is at least as much a revolution as the Industrial one.

dimbismp
01-14-2016, 12:38 AM
It is not fair to compare the Industrial revolution to the other two.The only hing they share is the word itself.It would be cooler if we compared:

French vs American (French IMO was portrayed much better)
and
Industrial vs Renaissance(It's tie IMO.The industrial is obviously much better aesthetically,but AC2 is a much older game)

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-14-2016, 01:03 AM
Well, the reason why I didnt include the Renaissance was because I didn't consider it a revolution per se.

I was going by this definition:

A revolution (from the Latin revolutio, "a turn around") is a fundamental change in political power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively short period of time when the population rises up in revolt against the current authorities. Aristotle described two types of political revolution:

Complete change from one constitution to another
Modification of an existing constitution.

And that time period not listed as a Revolution according to Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_revolutions_and_rebellions

pacmanate
01-14-2016, 08:24 AM
Industrial for everything but these games use these as nothing but historical playground backdrops... which is a good thing.

LucidReveries
01-14-2016, 05:44 PM
American had the best story, although it could've been better. Gameplay/atmosphere wise I would go with industrial. I love roaming around London:)

BananaBlighter
01-14-2016, 06:18 PM
In terms of the world, no doubt Industrial. London is probably my favourite city in the whole series thus far, and though there may be some bias there since it's my home town, you can't deny the attention to detail and atmosphere is impressive. It's truly a great experience, running across rooftops, hopping along boats, zooming about on trains, and even strolling through the parks.

Sesheenku
01-14-2016, 07:52 PM
French by far for me.

Bipolar Matt
01-15-2016, 02:37 AM
In the American Revolution, the Templars had infiltrated both sides, the British and the Americans.

In the French Revolution, the Templars were all Jacobins who oppressed the people. Very one sided.

Haytham and his group of colonial Templars approached things far differently than Germain and his radicalized faction of French Templars.

Jackdaw951
01-15-2016, 07:24 PM
Industrial for everything but these games use these as nothing but historical playground backdrops... which is a good thing.

Right. It's not a revolution in the same grave sense. A real revolution involves bloodshed on a massive scale, hell on Earth for entire generations of humanity. Industrial is something else entirely. If you're going to include it, then you may as well include the other salient periods of historical change, like the Renaissance.

VestigialLlama4
01-15-2016, 07:27 PM
French vs American (French IMO was portrayed much better)

Well if by better you would prefer it to not be depicted at all, then sure

rrebe
01-15-2016, 08:33 PM
I think I enjoyed the Industrial revolution the most out of the three. The American and French revolutions were very interesting settings too, though.