PDA

View Full Version : [IMPORTANT] Some news about the Forum

Ubi-JollyCharly
01-12-2016, 01:38 PM
Hello Riders!

New year, new resolutions!

This forum is a space entirely dedicated to you and a platform to exchange your ideas and experiences with the community, provide us with your feedback and suggestions and enable you to keep in contact with your fellow riders. We're also using this as a place for RedLynx to share new information and updates and to gain insight and opinions from you - the community.

Today, I'd like to present you with a couple of changes which hope to improve the experience for everyone who is a part of our Trials Frontier community.

Firstly, I would like to start a new thread in which I'll be posting the weekly bugs, suggestions and input gathered from your comments, which have been forwarded to our developers. This will also incorporate the QA Corner.
This should provide a clearer picture of what already has been passed on to RL team, what will come with the next updates. We will update this thread as soon as we receive any information to ensure you are kept up to date.

Secondly, there will be a rework of the forum with plans to add new discussion categories and reorganizing threads. The purpose of this is to make browsing the forum more streamlined and to hopefully make it easier to find useful information. I would also like to use this new forum structure to give more focus on player-generated content.

Last but not least, 2016 brings with it a range of forum contests and events. We've witnessed a series of amazing videos from members of this community lately, and it's clear that we have some talented riders here.

I'll be kicking things off with the weekly update thread and will keep you updated on the forum changes schedule.

On a final note, please do not hesitate to tell me how you feel about the changes and implementations mentioned above. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve the Trials Frontier forum or contest ideas, feel free to comment. I'm also here to answer any questions you might have, so fire away!

JollyCharly

Joeyjoe333
01-12-2016, 01:52 PM
Seems interesting can't wait for the events as long as I don't have to verse KarTank in races, the one rider no one has a better time than currently.

sanymas
01-12-2016, 05:43 PM
Great.

PL-k4kshi-TFG
01-12-2016, 06:06 PM
Last but not least, 2016 brings with it a range of forum contests and events. We've witnessed a series of amazing videos from members of this community lately, and it's clear that we have some talented riders here.

ohhhh i want to see it :D im doing some challenges on the facebook group too! :D i'd love to see events on the forums, thanks!

yjgalla
01-12-2016, 07:01 PM
Hmm. I've learnt in the past, that when someone says "improve the experience" this means changes I won't like.

Your first item is a good thing and while your third is not *that* interesting for me, it is for many others, so that's a good thing too. But what do you mean with "new categories"? If it means sub-forums, I don't think that will make anything better. To see if there's something new I might be interested in I currently have to check two pages, the "General" and the "Android" sub-forum. That is already one too many for my taste. Increasing the number of sub-forums is the best way to increase the number of threads that end up in the "wrong" place. If you want to make it easier for people to find information, improve the search feature and/or create a FAQ page (in *one* sticky that won't accept new posts and that you'll update regularly or outside the forum).

If "categories" means a way to tag threads and use these tags in the search form , then it would also be a good thing.

Edit: here's a thing that would definitely improve the forum: get someone to make polls readable and make the forum usable on mobile devices

xitooner
01-12-2016, 08:57 PM
Edit: here's a thing that would definitely improve the forum: get someone to make polls readable and make the forum usable on mobile devices

It's not perfect, but it solves this.... Go to bottom of page and click on "Full Site", and it makes polls/etc usable.

I sort of share your concerns... Not really seeing forum reorg as a clear benefit but we will see I suppose. It WOULD be nice to trim down the numbers of existing stickies to at least half what they are, or be able to hide them.... :)

yjgalla
01-12-2016, 10:36 PM
It's not perfect, but it solves this.... Go to bottom of page and click on "Full Site", and it makes polls/etc usable.
"Full site" is a workaround for the problems on mobile, but polls is a device independent problem. At least some people (including me) always get the text of the choices with white text on a white background, so it's only readable when you select it to get the background highlighted. Maybe browser dependent, but using a different browser is not an option.

And see ... already drifting in the off-topic drection again ...

+1 for reducing the number of stickies

justinman114
01-13-2016, 02:55 AM
Can't we focus our time on fixing the leaderboards first? I mean really.

FatalDragon69
01-13-2016, 05:38 AM

.....+1 !!

This should be the number one concern in my opinion, as the Leader Boards (Times and Scores) are the main driving force of the game.....This NEEDS to get sorted once and for all !!

I mean c'mon, we've been promised here there and everywhere that it's being done and it's an on-going thing etc. etc. BUT it's still the same as it was when we first mentioned it way back when !!

There's MANY other games out there that have stable and up-to-date Leader Boards without cheaters clogging-up the top spots, RedLynx is a well established games company now so surely this isn't too much to ask.....We're into 2016 now, c'mon, PLEASE !?!?!?

yjgalla
01-13-2016, 11:28 AM

As it's certainly different people dealing with the forums and with the leaderboards, one does not rule out the other.

Ubi-JollyCharly
01-13-2016, 04:06 PM
Hmm. I've learnt in the past, that when someone says "improve the experience" this means changes I won't like.

Your first item is a good thing and while your third is not *that* interesting for me, it is for many others, so that's a good thing too. But what do you mean with "new categories"? If it means sub-forums, I don't think that will make anything better. To see if there's something new I might be interested in I currently have to check two pages, the "General" and the "Android" sub-forum. That is already one too many for my taste. Increasing the number of sub-forums is the best way to increase the number of threads that end up in the "wrong" place. If you want to make it easier for people to find information, improve the search feature and/or create a FAQ page (in *one* sticky that won't accept new posts and that you'll update regularly or outside the forum).

If "categories" means a way to tag threads and use these tags in the search form , then it would also be a good thing.

Hello yjgalla,

I understand your concern.
IMO it is better to divided the different categories in the forum, because I think at the moment it's just one big bag where everyone ask questions, report issues, and where we give more official news.
So I would like to make at least the following categories (or sub-forum if you will) :
- Official announcements
- General questions
- Technical issues
I will prepare a more detailed plan of what I have in mind today :)
I do also agree with you that we should reduce the numbers of sticky And if something is posted in the wrong category, I'll just move it, until everyone is well used to the new organisation.

The "search" tool, unfortunately, is not on our hands. We are using a software to manage the forum, and it comes with his pros and cons. The search function can maybe be seen as not very efficient, but believe me, I've seen far worse!!
Same thing for the web version, it is related to the management tool we use for all Ubisoft forums.

Concerning the Poll function, I already had a look at it. If I change the color of the letters, it will be changed for the whole forum. And we can't change the background of the poll as far as I know. So it is something that I will have to discuss with RedLynx, because fixing this would imply changing RL forums editorial guideline (we have the same colours than the 2 others RL forums).

Hi justinman114,

As Yigalla said, the Leaderboards recalculation and the forum are completely independent.
I will manage the forum reorganisation, and the devs and QA teams in RL are working on the LB. And trust me, you don't want me to recalculate anything! :D

JollyCharly

__________________________________________________ _____

Hi Riders!

As promised, here is my suggestion to reorganise our forum. The main idea is to make it easier to find relevant information by giving a clearer structure to the forum. It will also enable us to highlight some discussions that would, otherwise, be lost among the rest.
I know changes are always a bit tricky to accept, especially when you are used to a certain way for a long time. But keep an open mind ;)

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS AND NEWS
Here you will find all the updates, bugfixes, and other official information about Trials Frontier

(In this section, it will only be posts from the Community Management team. It has an informative purpose only. You will find here the last patchnotes, the Community-raised issues and suggestions, the QA corner, etc.)

GENERAL DISCUSSION
In this category you can ask all your questions about Trials Frontier, share info and exchange with your fellow riders

(This is basically the section where you can ask all your general questions about the game, as you already do in the actual General section. However, all the bug-related discussions will now have to be posted in the Support section below. )

SUPPORT
This section is dedicated to any issue you might experience in the game, all the tips you can give to resolve a problem and that you would like to share with the community.

(No surprise here, it will remain the same as it is now)

FEEDBACK AND SUGGESTIONS
Share with us your feedback and suggestions about the game. Any good idea is welcome!

(Quite self-explanatory, here you can share with us your general feedback on Trials Frontier and your suggestions to improve it!)

COMMUNITY
This section is entirely dedicated to our Trials Frontier community! Found out more about the team, share your records and your creations!

(As mentioned before, we have some great talents among the community. Some of you make hilarious videos, some others developed great tools related to the game; this section will be the perfect spot to share you creations. The forum contests would also take place here.
Finally, I will also create a sub-category to present the forum team.)

As you can see, the structure is quite simple, nothing fancy.
However, I really think it will help everyone of us to browse into the forum. Each section has its own purpose.
I heard your concern about too many sub-forums. In this case, we could also “merge” the General and Feedbacks sections, depending on the activity they’ll generate.
Please, do not hesitate to comment. In the end, the objective is for you to have the best forum experience :)

JollyCharly

IMPORTANT

THE WORK ON THE FORUM HAS NO IMPACT ON THE BUGS RESOLUTIONS. RL TEAMS KEEP ON WORKING ON FIXING ISSUES, AND IN PARALLEL I WORK ON THE FORUM.
THOSE ARE 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS, DO NOT WORRY :)

NO-bwestlie
01-13-2016, 09:36 PM
I don't think any division into sub-forums will be necessary. This forum is pretty dead already, threads stay on the front page pretty much for weeks, it's quite hard to miss anything. I'm looking forward to events and contests though.

TheVanillaO
01-13-2016, 10:11 PM
Is there any consideration being done to a complete overhaul of The Bunker system? Not literally 'complete', but a lot of it?

1) There have been many good suggestions into the Golden Ticket system (and all of the problems that have come with it, including very poor communication for weeks on end about what was happening) being removed completely, and just forcing people to use only the tickets that the game gives you. Using the current season as an example, this would give us 3 base tickets to start, with an opportunity for 4 additional tickets (1 recharge every 10 minutes, 40 minute matches) for 7 GT total. Instead of this, you could also give us 15 tickets at the start of a matchup (maybe 30 if it were the old 24 hour matchups?) and allow the player to decide how they want to use those tickets - when they've run out, they're done.

2) Maybe additional bonus stars for longer win streaks (it currently takes 3+ wins in a row to get 1 extra star - maybe after 5 wins in a row, you gain 3, and 10 in a row you gain 5).

3) There's currently no in-game perk to obtaining Legend Rank. You get a prize for every Rank 1-25, but Legend has nothing attached to it (you get a little symbol for a couple weeks?) - why not an outfit or a few bike skins that are exclusive to making Legend Rank (you could even have a different one every new season, or a pool of like 15 skins/outfits and you get to choose one every time you get legend). They aren't available for gems/coins/chips/or real money - keep them exclusive and only attainable through The Bunker.

4) Instead of just 3 races, I've seen it suggested a few times where you have a circuit (5 or 6 races or something) where you have one chance on each track, and that's it. Total combined lowest time wins (obviously more faults would likely equal higher time, but you can still include the fault system here with no issue).

5) Has anyone played Hearthstone? There is no in-game chat function but there are pre-set chat 'options'. They have 6 messages you can send to your opponent. You could implement a few things like "Ping Pong?" or "Chips" and "Yes" and "No" and "Good Game" buttons that we could choose from. It would be easier than a full chat, you would never have to deal with rude people, and you could throttle the amount of messages sent per minute or something to avoid people spamming. You could also not have the chat pop up unless the racers open the chat box on the side or something.

6) Inclusion of newer maps - all new maps should be in the Bunker permanently. We know this takes time, but just doing the same 30-40 tracks 90% of the time is pretty stale at this point.

The only limit to ideas here is the creativity of the community and developers.

All of this being said, for the sake of the sanity of most others who post on this board, could we also look into recalculating the leaderboards every 2 weeks or so? Honestly, the only people who really care are probably in the top 500 players anyway - I'm not saying people below this deserve inaccurate standings, but the ones who are most vocal about it post on these boards.. and that usually means they're a top-500 player or maybe just outside.

Fevves
01-14-2016, 12:31 AM
There you go again RL/UBI... Instad of fixing issues and bugs, you opted to waste some more internet space on this (Good Lord, there are worse forums then this - how nice and rather convenient way to consume even more time doing nothing relevant to the game itself, bravo!)

I see this whole fragmenting forums thing as the total waste of time... since I thought fricking forums are here TO SERVE SOME TRULY GOOD PURPOSE TO THE GAME ITSELF and provide the needed support while fixing errors and bugs promptly ( and not at the snail pace). I never needed PR/marketing stuff or patting on the back brought upon me. Spartan boards with true active support were fine while we could get some real help and support here, since official game support is null and mostly managed by ignorants who are constantly providing precompiled answers irrelevant to the issue been reported (read = bots) - all my tickets were solved by DT or G00nzie or on my own.

Since I understood the game DEFECTS and ISSUES are being treated as the minor issue(s) confronted to (WTF) forum issues and simple chit chats, amd since many of great suggestions were never being considered and experimented, I trust it's time I'll be leaving this place for good.

I'm tired of constant rehashes of important things we brought to the light from the start, and it all ends with this: report - mumble - debate - mumble some more - "fix" - understand & see it is not fixed - repeat from the beginning - to no avail, same attitude and constant repeating of same issues and problems.

Fragmenting the boards will certainly not aid in solving any of already reported issues and will not add up anything meaningful to resolve the issues, but will revolve about appearance and sections. Great for the bureaucrats and autoRE bots but not for the true riders.

Not to mention Trials franchise never got rid of dumb hackers and cheaters and TF just proved they never will, since .... Ooooooohhh, how stupid of me not seeing the constant blab re this: our system is ok, and we're "working" on it - it was, and still is, the eternal creed of Trials... I'm feed up with this, especially with so slow GLB scoring and recalc.

Not to mention my personal POV on TapJoy "joke" not attributing over 1K gems with over 10 reminders over 15 days... no, I don't need my latest batch of 1236 gems anymore, I really don't.

I don't care about this nor these forums anymore. Time in solving issues was essential and you wasted the time. Now you want to rehash the forums? Good, for me it's to late. You are to late.

One thing I did learned is: you will not get any more of my money from now to eternity, you don't deserve it.

* KUDOS & PROPS to Stampede, Iviark and all the others who already got fed up with "this", one way or another (though you might never read this).

* KUDOS to Dumptruck and G00nzie for all their good managing, their help, great posting and their support! Thank you for caring about us and the game itself!

* CLAPS & BOWS goes to Shifty and Sandra for aiding and helping me get back on my feet when I really needed help on these forums!

@all: No need to quote or reply to me as I will not be here to reply to you.

You, my fellow riders, already wasted a whole bunch of your time in grinding the game while reporting and debating the problems here, so don't waste any more of your time on me.

Bye to all of you great people and great riders, we might encounter in the game but not here, not anymore. Have a good "run" here, some day you might get RL back to their senses.

/EOL & signing out

FatalDragon69
01-14-2016, 02:51 AM
There you go again RL/UBI... Instad of fixing issues and bugs, you opted to waste some more internet space on this (Good Lord, there are worse forums then this - how nice and rather convenient way to consume even more time doing nothing relevant to the game itself, bravo!)

I see this whole fragmenting forums thing as the total waste of time... since I thought fricking forums are here TO SERVE SOME TRULY GOOD PURPOSE TO THE GAME ITSELF and provide the needed support while fixing errors and bugs promptly ( and not at the snail pace). I never needed PR/marketing stuff or patting on the back brought upon me. Spartan boards with true active support were fine while we could get some real help and support here, since official game support is null and mostly managed by ignorants who are constantly providing precompiled answers irrelevant to the issue been reported (read = bots) - all my tickets were solved by DT or G00nzie or on my own.

Since I understood the game DEFECTS and ISSUES are being treated as the minor issue(s) confronted to (WTF) forum issues and simple chit chats, amd since many of great suggestions were never being considered and experimented, I trust it's time I'll be leaving this place for good.

I'm tired of constant rehashes of important things we brought to the light from the start, and it all ends with this: report - mumble - debate - mumble some more - "fix" - understand & see it is not fixed - repeat from the beginning - to no avail, same attitude and constant repeating of same issues and problems.

Fragmenting the boards will certainly not aid in solving any of already reported issues and will not add up anything meaningful to resolve the issues, but will revolve about appearance and sections. Great for the bureaucrats and autoRE bots but not for the true riders.

Not to mention Trials franchise never got rid of dumb hackers and cheaters and TF just proved they never will, since .... Ooooooohhh, how stupid of me not seeing the constant blab re this: our system is ok, and we're "working" on it - it was, and still is, the eternal creed of Trials... I'm feed up with this, especially with so slow GLB scoring and recalc.

Not to mention my personal POV on TapJoy "joke" not attributing over 1K gems with over 10 reminders over 15 days... no, I don't need my latest batch of 1236 gems anymore, I really don't.

I don't care about this nor these forums anymore. Time in solving issues was essential and you wasted the time. Now you want to rehash the forums? Good, for me it's to late. You are to late.

One thing I did learned is: you will not get any more of my money from now to eternity, you don't deserve it.

* KUDOS & PROPS to Stampede, Iviark and all the others who already got fed up with "this", one way or another (though you might never read this).

* KUDOS to Dumptruck and G00nzie for all their good managing, their help, great posting and their support! Thank you for caring about us and the game itself!

* CLAPS & BOWS goes to Shifty and Sandra for aiding and helping me get back on my feet when I really needed help on these forums!

You, my fellow riders, already wasted a whole bunch of your time in grinding the game while reporting and debating the problems here, so don't waste any more of your time on me.

Bye to all of you great people and great riders, we might encounter in the game but not here, not anymore. Have a good "run" here, some day you might get RL back to their senses.

/EOL & signing out

Damn it.....Another great rider gone (on the off-chance that you do read this fevves, I'm sorry to see-ya go mate but I understand your grief, hope to see-ya on the tracks at least)

Why can't things get sorted with this game or even have anyone listen to our ideas and implement them for a change !?!?

It shouldn't have to come to this where dedicated and supporting riders are getting stressed enough to leave because of things like this !?!?

FFS C'Mon RedLynx, we thought you were better than this !?!? :eek: :( :confused: :mad:

sanymas
01-14-2016, 06:39 AM
Showdown interaction with your opponents a must feature in the bunker.
As TheVanillO said and I back him.
It can be in the form of emoji too.

Ubi-JollyCharly
01-14-2016, 01:25 PM

Hello Feeves,

I am really sorry if there was a misunderstanding.
I really think you don't get what is my job. As a community manager, I ONLY work on forums and social medias, for Trials Frontier and Ubisoft French forums.

So it is not "instead of", it is "on top of".
I work on the forum, the devs work on the game.
It is like saying, a car company hired a new HR employee instead of working on fixing this engine consumption issue they had on the last model.
It doesn't make any sense. The HR will work on HR stuff, and the engineers will work on improving the engine. The work of one has no impact on the job of the others, because they don't have the same function, the same working skills.
I can't fix any bug, I studied marketing and communication.
The devs are not communication specialists, didn't study how handle social medias, etc.
So my work here, doesn't impact the work of the devs team in RedLynx offices, it won't take any single second of there time.

Again, this is a completely different subject. The Support is not related to the forum, the forum is not related to the Support, RL devs team is not related to the Support.
The forum is a media between RL teams and the players, it is a communication tool, not a support tool.
G00nzi can have a look at some urgent tickets you raise in the forum, but his job is not to answer tickets. So it can only be urgent cases, otherwise he wouldn't have time for his job, Quality Control.

I am sorry to say that you understood it wrong.
The forum and the bugs are 2 things working in parallel. RL priority is to fix the issues, add some interesting content to the game.
My priority is the forum.
We are different persons, so we can have different priorities, and still working on those different priorities in the same time.
Considering your suggestions, you have to understand that the suggestions made in the forum still have to fit the team ideas for the future of the game.
They are inspired by the players suggestions, it helps them understand better what players expect. But it doesn't mean that they will implement every single forum suggestions.

I didn't say it will help solving the issues. I said it will help find relevant information in the forum It will be clearer, more organised.
The way it can help the issues resolution, is that if every reported issue is posted in "support", any suggestion in "feedback", so that when I forward all of this to RL, I know where to find the relevant info.

No time wasted.
We have enough employees so that different tasks are done in the same time :)

/EOL & signing out

I really hope you'll read this, because it is an unfortunate misunderstanding :(

Damn it.....Another great rider gone (on the off-chance that you do read this fevves, I'm sorry to see-ya go mate but I understand your grief, hope to see-ya on the tracks at least)

Why can't things get sorted with this game or even have anyone listen to our ideas and implement them for a change !?!?

It shouldn't have to come to this where dedicated and supporting riders are getting stressed enough to leave because of things like this !?!?

FFS C'Mon RedLynx, we thought you were better than this !?!? :eek: :( :confused: :mad:

Hi FatalDragon69,

As I said before, all the players suggestions are not implemented, it is completely normal.
Did you ever see any company adding every single customers feedback? Let's be realistic :)

As for the bugs and issues, if they are not fixed yet, it's only because it is not as simple as it seems to fix a bug. Changing one parameter in the code can have an unforeseen impact somewhere else.
I know it is frustrating on the players side, but RL teams are doing their best to solve as many issues as possible, and to add interesting new content.
(just to avoid another misunderstanding here, working on new content doesnt mean that RL doesn't also works on fixing issues. This is also 2 things done in parallele. You have product development/game design teams that work on new features, and QA/devs that work on fixing the issue, in broad terms).

JollyCharly

Sl1mboy84_T3F
01-14-2016, 03:32 PM
Some of you make hilarious videos

Is this me..? :confused::p:o

Btw new ones coming soon

And sad to see fevves, another good community member leaving. See ya ingame mate..

Ubi-JollyCharly
01-14-2016, 03:58 PM
Is this me..? :confused::p:o

Btw new ones coming soon

And sad to see fevves, another good community member leaving. See ya ingame mate..

ahhaha, you'll never know! ;)

I really hope Feeves will come back though :(

JollyCharly

justinman114
01-14-2016, 08:22 PM
:(

HiEverybody3
01-14-2016, 08:54 PM
I like the idea of adding a few sub forums. Though, I think that 2 or 3 extra ones are enough so that people don't get confused. It's a pity to see Fevves ago, because I think Trials Frontier is taking a step in the right direction again, apart from the leaderboards. The devs are doing their best to give us a smooth and stable game, and Charly & G00nzi are doing their best with the communication. Of course, there's still plenty of things that could be better (and you know that, RedLynx), but the way I see it, it's been getting a little better.

FatalDragon69
01-15-2016, 11:06 PM

Why can't things get sorted with this game or even have anyone listen to our ideas and implement >Some of< them for a change !?!?

Hi FatalDragon69,

As I said before, all the players suggestions are not implemented, it is completely normal.
Did you ever see any company adding every single customers feedback? Let's be realistic :)

As for the bugs and issues, if they are not fixed yet, it's only because it is not as simple as it seems to fix a bug. Changing one parameter in the code can have an unforeseen impact somewhere else.
I know it is frustrating on the players side, but RL teams are doing their best to solve as many issues as possible, and to add interesting new content.
(just to avoid another misunderstanding here, working on new content doesnt mean that RL doesn't also works on fixing issues. This is also 2 things done in parallele. You have product development/game design teams that work on new features, and QA/devs that work on fixing the issue, in broad terms).

JollyCharly

Sorry but I think there's been a slight misunderstanding here as well.....I missed out "Some of" in my initial reply to Fevves (see what I mean above highlighted in Red)

I didn't and never have expected for ALL of our ideas to get implemented into the game, that's crazy, because not every idea would work or even be beneficial.....I am realistic and totally agree with what you said but on the other hand I also agree with Fevves and feel his grief as well because there's been no real change in the major things that matter to this game, for a long time we were left in the dark with no support etc., but with that said, we are slowly getting some progress made now since people like yourself have been moved to Community Manager etc......So thanks for that, I just hope you will keep it up and stay with us to see things through to eventually get everything back to normal and running properly again.....Which will hopefully be sometime soon before we lose any more good people !!

We would just like to see the main issue sorted once and for all as it's the main part of the game.....That's the Leader Boards !!

Basically, I was merely venting my concern and understanding not to mention recognising that it's a shame that a lot of dedicated and supporting players have left or are leaving us because the Leader Boards haven't been sorted yet, amongst other things !!

Ubi-JollyCharly
01-18-2016, 11:50 AM
I like the idea of adding a few sub forums. Though, I think that 2 or 3 extra ones are enough so that people don't get confused. It's a pity to see Fevves ago, because I think Trials Frontier is taking a step in the right direction again, apart from the leaderboards. The devs are doing their best to give us a smooth and stable game, and Charly & G00nzi are doing their best with the communication. Of course, there's still plenty of things that could be better (and you know that, RedLynx), but the way I see it, it's been getting a little better.

Hi HiEverybody3,

Thanks for your feedback.
I can totally understand that too much categories can be confusing, tho I think it not enough is also confusing :D
But considering the comments about the forum reorganisation, I will skip the "Feedback and suggestion" category, and simply merge it with "General".
So basically we'll just have 2 new sub-forums : "Official announcements" and "Community".

Sorry but I think there's been a slight misunderstanding here as well.....I missed out "Some of" in my initial reply to Fevves (see what I mean above highlighted in Red)

I didn't and never have expected for ALL of our ideas to get implemented into the game, that's crazy, because not every idea would work or even be beneficial.....I am realistic and totally agree with what you said but on the other hand I also agree with Fevves and feel his grief as well because there's been no real change in the major things that matter to this game, for a long time we were left in the dark with no support etc., but with that said, we are slowly getting some progress made now since people like yourself have been moved to Community Manager etc......So thanks for that, I just hope you will keep it up and stay with us to see things through to eventually get everything back to normal and running properly again.....Which will hopefully be sometime soon before we lose any more good people !!

We would just like to see the main issue sorted once and for all as it's the main part of the game.....That's the Leader Boards !!

Basically, I was merely venting my concern and understanding not to mention recognising that it's a shame that a lot of dedicated and supporting players have left or are leaving us because the Leader Boards haven't been sorted yet, amongst other things !!

Hello FatalDragon69,

I see your point, and I hope that with the little changes we are implementing (the "Community-raised issues" thread, the new forum organisation) we'll be able to improve the communication between RL and the players, at least this is my goal :)
Concerning the LB, this last update should already have fixed some issues. From the feedback I've read, it updated personal times in the leaderboards. I am no developer, so I can't really imagine the amount of work it requires to fix the LB, but from what I we discussed with RL, it is quite a bif task, and it will require several update to fix everything. It is a long term project.
We are very grateful for your patience and understanding!

JollyCharly

xitooner
01-18-2016, 05:46 PM
Concerning the LB, this last update should already have fixed some issues. From the feedback I've read, it updated personal times in the leaderboards. I am no developer, so I can't really imagine the amount of work it requires to fix the LB, but from what I we discussed with RL, it is quite a bif task, and it will require several update to fix everything. It is a long term project.

I can only assume the stuff being fixed on the LB are decent improvements, but they are essentially invisible underneath the much more visible issue that the currently calculated scores are off by (literally) millions of points in both directions ("good" and bad). You guys are putting out small fires long after the larger fire burned down the town. :) Leaderboard integrity in this game is close to zero when it should be the cornerstone of the game. If (when? like fevves) people lose faith in RL's LB progress its because of things like this.. people pretty much play until they reach a point that this is the major issue in front of them....see no real improvement....and then leave. We refer to this issue as "Leaderboard Recalcuation" and it will be really obvious the day it actually improves.

Ubi-JollyCharly
01-18-2016, 07:01 PM
I can only assume the stuff being fixed on the LB are decent improvements, but they are essentially invisible underneath the much more visible issue that the currently calculated scores are off by (literally) millions of points in both directions ("good" and bad). You guys are putting out small fires long after the larger fire burned down the town. :) Leaderboard integrity in this game is close to zero when it should be the cornerstone of the game. If (when? like fevves) people lose faith in RL's LB progress its because of things like this.. people pretty much play until they reach a point that this is the major issue in front of them....see no real improvement....and then leave. We refer to this issue as "Leaderboard Recalcuation" and it will be really obvious the day it actually improves.

Hi xitooner,

I honestly couldn't say where did they start to work on the LB to fix them.
However, I know the LB integrity is currently the main issue that players are facing, at least formulated on the forum. So it is the top issue I forward and follow.
Like you, I am waiting for more info, and I hope we will have soon.
Be assured that the issue has been addressed to RL, and that they are working on it :)

JollyCharly

FatalDragon69
01-19-2016, 03:14 AM
Thanks for listening and helping Charly, we do appreciate it, but the Leader Boards are no longer loading up for me since the latest update, so I'm worried that if I beat a Personal Best Time on a track that it won't get updated or award me the points for it either.....Basically, it's worse than it was before the update !?!?

OldSkullD
01-19-2016, 04:38 AM
Please add a doughnut counter to the community suggestions list, as it's been asked for many times. Given that the game already has an internal counter, scrollable parts inventory, and doughnut images, it seems like this should only take about 5 minutes of a developer's time...? (Said from the perspective of a software developer who hates being told that something should only take a few minutes.)

ciscodalicious
01-19-2016, 04:47 AM
Please add a doughnut counter to the community suggestions list, as it's been asked for many times. Given that the game already has an internal counter, scrollable parts inventory, and doughnut images, it seems like this should only take about 5 minutes of a developer's time...? (Said from the perspective of a software developer who hates being told that something should only take a few minutes.)

There is a donut counter in the items menu

Ubi-JollyCharly
01-19-2016, 07:41 PM
Thanks for listening and helping Charly, we do appreciate it, but the Leader Boards are no longer loading up for me since the latest update, so I'm worried that if I beat a Personal Best Time on a track that it won't get updated or award me the points for it either.....Basically, it's worse than it was before the update !?!?

Hi FatalDragon69,

I know since the last update the LB are loading very slowly for some of you. I informed the team about it the day of the update, and they were already monitoring it!
I can only cross fingers we'll find a solution as soon as possible. I honestly can't imagine the amount of work it requires, but I know they are doing their best :)

JollyCharly

FatalDragon69
01-20-2016, 02:22 AM
Hi FatalDragon69,

I know since the last update the LB are loading very slowly for some of you. I informed the team about it the day of the update, and they were already monitoring it!
I can only cross fingers we'll find a solution as soon as possible. I honestly can't imagine the amount of work it requires, but I know they are doing their best :)

JollyCharly

OK, Thanks for the info.....Hopefully they'll get it sorted for us soon !! :cool:

OldSkullD
01-20-2016, 05:23 AM
There is a donut counter in the items menu

Not quite where I'd expected to find it, but that works--thanks!
It would be nice (and useful) to find such information in the update notes in the respective app stores, instead of the same silly story about Butch's antics.

Ubi-JollyCharly
01-22-2016, 06:57 PM
Hi everyone,

As you probably notice if you are reading this message, I created a new section on the forum : Official Announcement and News

In this section, you won't be able to create threads, it is only for information coming from RedLynx.
However, some threads are open for discussion, as always.

Let's see how it goes with that :)

I would also like to suggest you merge the two Support categories in one.

Why : many bugs/issues are not related to the platform, so most of you end up posting on the General Discussion.
To give the General Discussion and Support categories their full meaning, I think it could be a good idea to have only one Support category, and use tags if necessary.

Example: SUPPORT
- No gift from friends
- [IOS] No access to the shop
- [Android] Performance issue
- No rarefied fuel reward after last Blitz season

Please let me know how you feel about that this weekend!

JollyCharly

DQdH
02-13-2016, 04:06 PM
Wouldn't it be great if somehow you could still get or earn blueprint parts and season tracks if one missed out on them. What should I do for example with 43 out 50 blueprint parts for the stallion when there is no way of getting the last 7 parts. And there seems no hope of ever getting "the big swing" track, since I missed out on that one.

j.pan
07-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Looks like this is dead for low 1.5 years.
Perhaps y could vitalize forum by adding the possibility to earn some gems, tickets... :p

Post to ask;
Is the editor for own posts removed for ever?
In the poll about dark or white forum background +/- 70% voted for dark. Why is it still white?