PDA

View Full Version : Chronicles India story (Spoilers)

Charleyyy1
01-12-2016, 11:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TSOizaxH3o

RVSage
01-12-2016, 12:29 PM
The Koh-i-noor was last with Ethan Frye then.. and it could power the box. Those were the only interesting take away's from this story

pacmanate
01-12-2016, 01:11 PM
The Koh-i-noor was last with Ethan Frye then.. and it could power the box. Those were the only interesting take away's from this story

So in the lore.. how?

As I understand, that box isn't Ezios but another. And it was never stated the box was a precursor artifiact? All the Koh-i-noor can do is bind the other PoE's together.

I'm confused.

Also if this IS Ezio's box, there better be some payoff for this trilogy and there better be an Alien or something because they are making a big fuss over this box.

AC Embers, Freedom Cry, 3 ACC games.

Edit: Forgot about Rogue, the box contains a map of precursor sites.

RVSage
01-12-2016, 01:32 PM
So in the lore.. how?

As I understand, that box isn't Ezios but another. And it was never stated the box was a precursor artifiact? All the Koh-i-noor can do is bind the other PoE's together.

I'm confused.

Also if this IS Ezio's box, there better be some payoff for this trilogy and there better be an Alien or something because they are making a big fuss over this box.

AC Embers, Freedom Cry, 3 ACC games.

As usual too many loose ends, the kohinoor is supposed to bind the pieces together, Now the question is can it power them too. This is what actually gives me the irk that the series is milked (Even if I like it). Lack of coherence, was what pissed me most in Unity. The story/lore needs saving. That is why I am still invested in the series. Hoping for a good progression. But Ubi yet again throws in a loose end

pacmanate
01-12-2016, 01:47 PM
As usual too many loose ends, the kohinoor is supposed to bind the pieces together, Now the question is can it power them too. This is what actually gives me the irk that the series is milked (Even if I like it). Lack of coherence, was what pissed me most in Unity. The story/lore needs saving. That is why I am still invested in the series. Hoping for a good progression. But Ubi yet again throws in a loose end

But then... well we already know we can just power the box with electricity due to AC Rogue, so why are we now poised with a question of if the Koh-I-Noor can power other PoE's too?

This makes no sense.

jellejackhammer
01-12-2016, 02:52 PM
The one thing that is Clear to me is that all POE have their own ways of activation. The koh-i-Noor is a POE who can activate all of them aswell and bind them. That why the box can be powered up by electricity. Pretty basic to understand TBH. I just hope we get to see the koh-i-Noor in a main game because for now it has only been in spin-off media. Something tells me that we Will use it in MD to defeat juno.

cawatrooper9
01-12-2016, 03:45 PM
I'm getting a little worried that the POEs are getting off the rails a little bit. Back in the day the Apples' main purpose was basically that they could manipulate perception- this manifested itself in a variety of ways, but they all basically could be explained by their purpose.

The Observatory wasn't all that impressive, but at least it too behaved as advertised.

The Sword of Eden was basically just a powerful weapon. It worked as advertised as well, I guess, but I think it represented a shift from the POEs being mystical tools of the First Civ to them being basically overpowered weapons. I say this, of course, because the Shroud basically worked as an Apple at the end of Syndicate- sure, I guess you could say that it allowed for Starrick to be stabbed more than normal, but I'm not sure if that's because he had the Shroud or because he was the final boss of a video game- they never really specify that.

Regarding the box, perhaps there could be a return to form for the POEs actually mattering. It seems that a lot of AC lore, particularly old school AC lore, is based on myth. The Apple has roots in a lot of myth, as does the Ko-i-noor, as does the Shroud. Mythical swords are also a common trope.
So, do we have any connections to this box? Is it perhaps inspired by Pandora's Box? If so, and it's going to release "troubles" onto mortals, maybe this is somehow related to Juno's eventual coming fully into our world.

jellejackhammer
01-12-2016, 04:05 PM
I'm getting a little worried that the POEs are getting off the rails a little bit. Back in the day the Apples' main purpose was basically that they could manipulate perception- this manifested itself in a variety of ways, but they all basically could be explained by their purpose.

The Observatory wasn't all that impressive, but at least it too behaved as advertised.

The Sword of Eden was basically just a powerful weapon. It worked as advertised as well, I guess, but I think it represented a shift from the POEs being mystical tools of the First Civ to them being basically overpowered weapons. I say this, of course, because the Shroud basically worked as an Apple at the end of Syndicate- sure, I guess you could say that it allowed for Starrick to be stabbed more than normal, but I'm not sure if that's because he had the Shroud or because he was the final boss of a video game- they never really specify that.

Regarding the box, perhaps there could be a return to form for the POEs actually mattering. It seems that a lot of AC lore, particularly old school AC lore, is based on myth. The Apple has roots in a lot of myth, as does the Ko-i-noor, as does the Shroud. Mythical swords are also a common trope.
So, do we have any connections to this box? Is it perhaps inspired by Pandora's Box? If so, and it's going to release "troubles" onto mortals, maybe this is somehow related to Juno's eventual coming fully into our world.

Regarding starrick and the shroud i think it actually is shown that hè survived the attacks because of the shroud. Especialy after the twins took it from him,the game made it clear that hè was as good as dead right before the final blow. But i agree with you. The POE have been pushed to the side more,it's always there in the end but it should be more in the story itself. They are almost tools for the final boss fights. And my god the sword of Eden in unity was really badly written in. It had no lore attached to it. It just showed up at the beginning and then at the end of the game. Atleast the hunt for the shroud was intresting and had Some lore attached to it.

pacmanate
01-12-2016, 04:43 PM
The one thing that is Clear to me is that all POE have their own ways of activation. The koh-i-Noor is a POE who can activate all of them aswell and bind them. That why the box can be powered up by electricity. Pretty basic to understand TBH. I just hope we get to see the koh-i-Noor in a main game because for now it has only been in spin-off media. Something tells me that we Will use it in MD to defeat juno.

But no PoE so far needs something to activate its just high concentration first civ DNA, always high concentration DNA... or nothing, like the shard of eden or the shroud.

So that's not basic, it makes no sense. So the Koh-I-Noor can activate a box, that's fine, but it doesn't fit in with any other PoE activation. It just seems so out the box (sorry for the pun) and unneeded.

I dont even know why Chronicles is follow the journey of the box, we already know what it does.

jellejackhammer
01-12-2016, 05:06 PM
But no PoE so far needs something to activate its just high concentration first civ DNA, always high concentration DNA... or nothing, like the shard of eden or the shroud.

So that's not basic, it makes no sense. So the Koh-I-Noor can activate a box, that's fine, but it doesn't fit in with any other PoE activation. It just seems so out the box (sorry for the pun) and unneeded.

I dont even know why Chronicles is follow the journey of the box, we already know what it does.

Well i must admit that i was wrong. and i should have hold myself in a bit. I think that chronicles is made to give fans a setting they have always wanted without having it in a main game.china comes to mind. However it has it's charm and it's Nice as a concept. Regarding the box,i first thought it was to give us more lore On that but even then it seems to be really drawn out for the the purpose of having a trillogie. (Would be better if it was in a main game and have it's lore told to us that way)

pacmanate
01-12-2016, 05:13 PM
Well i must admit that i was wrong. and i should have hold myself in a bit. I think that chronicles is made to give fans a setting they have always wanted without having it in a main game.china comes to mind. However it has it's charm and it's Nice as a concept. Regarding the box,i first thought it was to give us more lore On that but even then it seems to be really drawn out for the the purpose of having a trillogie. (Would be better if it was in a main game and have it's lore told to us that way)

Makes you wonder the actual purpose of these games. No company would just make it cause of charm for fans, surely. If they wanted charm why not give us some Juno progression because over 3 years and 4 games we have had none. And where have the first civ sites gone? We have had 0 the past 2 years.

Anyway, the box having its own trilogy is silly in my opinion. All we are doing is watching the journey of where it's been but that's such a weird plot point.

And hey, at least you aren't xyzzysqrl, apparently if I try and discuss with him about why I don't think Chronicles makes sense im "that kind of fan"... whatever that means - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-01-12-assassins-creed-chronicles-india-is-a-spin-off-taking-risks-and-finding-its-feet#comment-5890685

ze_topazio
01-12-2016, 05:19 PM
According to the legend it was originally a prototype for a Prince of Persia game, but the big bosses didn't like it so they gave the order to make an Assassin's Creed game out of it instead.

pacmanate
01-12-2016, 05:26 PM
According to the legend it was originally a prototype for a Prince of Persia game, but the big bosses didn't like it so they gave the order to make an Assassin's Creed game out of it instead.

That wouldn't surprise me, even though I'm not sure if you are joking. I played Shadow of the Flame on my android and that was a good fun, 2D PoP game for what it was worth

jellejackhammer
01-12-2016, 05:36 PM
Makes you wonder the actual purpose of these games. No company would just make it cause of charm for fans, surely. If they wanted charm why not give us some Juno progression because over 3 years and 4 games we have had none. And where have the first civ sites gone? We have had 0 the past 2 years
Yea i agree 100 % with that. It feels as if they keep the first civ stuff as the final setpiece the last two games. Unity being guilty the most. Sure we had buckingham palace in cyndicate but it was just a final boss mission . I miss the times where we would go to these sites While the story Goes On. Hope if egypt is true they actually make that happen again.
First civ needs to be more involved in the story

pacmanate
01-12-2016, 05:41 PM
Yea i agree 100 % with that. It feels as if they keep the first civ stuff as the final setpiece the last two games. Unity being guilty the most. Sure we had buckingham palace in cyndicate but it was just a final boss mission . I miss the times where we would go to these sites While the story Goes On. Hope if egypt is true they actually make that happen again.
First civ needs to be more involved in the story

No no, not for the final setpiece, non existant. I'm not talking about the artifacts, im talking about the actual sites. You know, with all the crazy blue neon and gold lights and stuff.

AC Unity didn't have a first civ site, it had a tomb in a catacomb which had The Sword of Eden.
AC Syndicate had the Shroud in just some random tomb as well.

jellejackhammer
01-12-2016, 06:30 PM
No no, not for the final setpiece, non existant. I'm not talking about the artifacts, im talking about the actual sites. You know, with all the crazy blue neon and gold lights and stuff.

AC Unity didn't have a first civ site, it had a tomb in a catacomb which had The Sword of Eden.
AC Syndicate had the Shroud in just some random tomb as well.

One has to wonder why ubi left that out the games. Even chronicle India has a first civ site to an extend. I Will be the first to admit that the first civ lore is the main selling point to these games for me. But ubi is bound to bring all of that back if they want to move the MD forward With the isu clones happening and violet being a instrument. All that first civ story is in MD (not a bad thing
At all) but we need that in the past aswell. We always see
berg talking about these sites,so why not visit them in the past? Chronicle India is actually more first civ lore based then the last 2 games in that regard.

pacmanate
01-12-2016, 06:37 PM
One has to wonder why ubi left that out the games. Even chronicle India has a first civ site to an extend. I Will be the first to admit that the first civ lore is the main selling point to these games for me. But ubi is bound to bring all of that back if they want to move the MD forward With the isu clones happening and violet being a instrument. All that first civ story is in MD (not a bad thing
At all) but we need that in the past aswell. We always see
berg talking about these sites,so why not visit them in the past? Chronicle India is actually more first civ lore based then the last 2 games in that regard.

Chronicles India does have a first civ site thats true.

And who knows why they left them out, the series baffles me now, I have no idea where its going.

1. Past 3 years and 4 games = No Juno Progression, no MD progression
2. Past 2 years = No First Civ Site
3. AC4 and Rogue having Modern Day as a floating tablet and then ACU and ACS as MD cutscenes = Lack of MD story progression
4. AC Chronicles showing us the Journery of the Precursor box = Has added hardly nothing to the series' lore.

The main selling point in AC games for me was the MD story, the protagonists story, the first civilisation. But where are we now? The Modern Day hardly exists, the first civ hasnt made an appearance minus Juno briefly as Fibre Optic Broadband, and the stories of Rogue and Unity were hardly as stellar as AC1-AC4.

It makes me sad, really. Havent been able to recommend an AC game to anyone in a long time because everything that made it amazing to me is slowly disappearing

jellejackhammer
01-12-2016, 06:54 PM
Chronicles India does have a first civ site thats true.

And who knows why they left them out, the series baffles me now, I have no idea where its going.

1. Past 3 years and 4 games = No Juno Progression, no MD progression
2. Past 2 years = No First Civ Site
3. AC4 and Rogue having Modern Day as a floating tablet and then ACU and ACS as MD cutscenes = Lack of MD story progression
4. AC Chronicles showing us the Journery of the Precursor box = Has added hardly nothing to the series' lore.

The main selling point in AC games for me was the MD story, the protagonists story, the first civilisation. But where are we now? The Modern Day hardly exists, the first civ hasnt made an appearance minus Juno briefly as Fibre Optic Broadband, and the stories of Rogue and Unity were hardly as stellar as AC1-AC4.

It makes me sad, really. Havent been able to recommend an AC game to anyone in a long time because everything that made it amazing to me is slowly disappearing

Well TBH syndicate did throw us a bone by bringing in galina and the story did move forward a little. But why wait till the end to actually show us what alvaro was doing? I always give myself hope with saying that after the movie is released MD Will kick in again. And unity can be considered as a introduction to bishiop.(never telling us who she really is) she better be a Huge deal.

pacmanate
01-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Well TBH syndicate did throw us a bone by bringing in galina and the story did move forward a little. But why wait till the end to actually show us what alvaro was doing? I always give myself hope with saying that after the movie is released MD Will kick in again. And unity can be considered as a introduction to bishiop.(never telling us who she really is) she better be a Huge deal.

Well I thought Rebecca getting shot was to show the Shroud being used in Modern Day but.. guess she just got shot for fun.

I have hope that they put Galina's badassness against Shaun and Rebecca to make us like her and make her the new modern day protagonist. Which is why I hope the 2016 rumour break is true and they can focus on making Galina still look strong and awesome and hopefully we play as her in 2017.

guest-Ok5jGdEa
01-12-2016, 09:36 PM
ACC believe Russia will also work with Diamond and the Box.E iram use these elements in the next game(2016?2017?) :rolleyes:

cawatrooper9
01-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Well TBH syndicate did throw us a bone by bringing in galina and the story did move forward a little. But why wait till the end to actually show us what alvaro was doing?

AC MD has always been a slow burn, with a big twist at the end.

Even Unity, where the twist was that you wasted your time. :rolleyes: