PDA

View Full Version : The relation between For Honor and AC

Sushiglutton
01-11-2016, 09:54 PM
Just saw that upcoming Ubi game For Honor will have a SP campaign: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/swordfighting-game-for-honor-does-have-a-single-pl/1100-6433700/ Very juicy piece of news for me who don't play MP games :D! The game looks pretty cool. Does anyone know the relation between For Honor and AC? Since it's a historical melee game do you think it's an offspring of AC development (like a concept turned into a game)? Think it looks pretty neat. Would you like similar style of combat for AC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp3NKQlJPuo

cawatrooper9
01-11-2016, 10:18 PM
It could be an offshoot of an abandoned project or asset- but I guess it could also be the product of Ubisoft responding to requests for a new IP.

I don't know a ton about the mechanics of the combat system yet, but while original and realistic seeming, it might be a little too slow for AC.

That being said, I'd imagine if nothing else we're going to get Assassin skins for this game.

pacmanate
01-11-2016, 10:43 PM
It looks visually like AC Unity, is it using the same engine?

Also the combat system also looks like a Unity spin off but way more fluid.

crusader_prophet
01-11-2016, 11:11 PM
Don't trust anything they show at E3, UbiSoft is the most deceptive AAA company I've seen at E3 and similar showings.

BananaBlighter
01-11-2016, 11:25 PM
I've made extensive posts in the past about how this system, with some tweaking to make it more fast paced and PvE based (see them rhyming skills), could really work well with AC. Can't find it now so I'll probably just post it here tomorrow. Gonna go to sleep now...

SixKeys
01-12-2016, 12:15 AM
I highly doubt it was ever a concept for an AC game. The melee system is completely different, it's heavy and clunky and based on good reflexes. It's unsuited for a story-driven action adventure. AC has always been known for easy accessibility and For Honor seems more aimed at players who like a challenge.

Ureh
01-12-2016, 01:28 AM
I don't really know much about For Honor's combat system. Did anyone get their hands on this?

Like at 1:25 the red guy didn't respond to the first attack, instead they sorta flinched and grunted before letting the stronger ally deal with it. They only showed the 2v1 combat for two seconds... how would that work for Assassins who usually work alone? I am kinda interested in that rock-paper-scissors style, observing the opponent and choosing the direction to block/attack... maybe have that with certain bosses and archetypes. It kinda reminds me of the older AC system where we have to aim at a guard that is flanking us before we can counter it.

I-Like-Pie45
01-12-2016, 02:31 AM
I don't really know much about For Honor's combat system. Did anyone get their hands on this?

Like at 1:25 the red guy didn't respond to the first attack, instead they sorta flinched and grunted before letting the stronger ally deal with it. They only showed the 2v1 combat for two seconds... how would that work for Assassins who usually work alone? I am kinda interested in that rock-paper-scissors style, observing the opponent and choosing the direction to block/attack... maybe have that with certain bosses and archetypes. It kinda reminds me of the older AC system where we have to aim at a guard that is flanking us before we can counter it.

Assassin M (probably was him in that video, well not that video but in a video from before during e3)

SixKeys (I think unless that was a different game he was talking about)

and all the other people to went to E3 I think

pacmanate
01-12-2016, 12:41 PM
So NPC's are 1 hit kills and other players are between 2-3? Eh.

RVSage
01-12-2016, 01:37 PM
It uses the anvil next engine