PDA

View Full Version : Faction Quiz

ZenBearV13
01-11-2016, 06:30 PM
I'm surprised to see nobody has come up with a quiz to determine which faction you fit in. I would make one myself, though I've never done so before, but I don't know enough about Vikings to make an accurate one.

Knights are defined by the Chivalric Code that is heavily religious and stresses service, loyalty and benevolence. This is the Chivalric Code according to wikipedia:

Thou shalt believe all that the Church teaches and thou shalt observe all its directions (Believe the Church's teachings and observe all the Church's directions).

Thou shalt defend the Church.

Thou shalt respect all weaknesses, and shalt constitute thyself the defender of them.

Thou shalt love the country in which thou wast born.

Thou shalt not recoil before thine enemy.

Thou shalt make war against the infidel without cessation and without mercy.

Thou shalt perform scrupulously thy feudal duties, if they be not contrary to the laws of God.

Thou shalt never lie, and shalt remain faithful to thy pledged word.

Thou shalt be generous, and give largesse to everyone.

Thou shalt be everywhere and always the champion of the Right and the Good against Injustice and Evil.

Samurai followed a rough code that was later codified as Bushido. The tenets of Bushido are thus:

Righteousness (義 gi?)

Courage (勇 yū?)

Benevolence (仁 jin?)

Respect (礼 rei?)

Sincerity (誠 makoto?)

Honor (名誉 meiyo?)

Loyalty (忠義 chūgi?)

Self-Control (自制 jisei?)

Of further note is the practice of seppuku:

In the world of the warrior, seppuku was a deed of bravery that was admirable in a samurai who knew he was defeated, disgraced, or mortally wounded. It meant that he could end his days with his transgressions wiped away and with his reputation not merely intact but actually enhanced. The cutting of the abdomen released the samuraiís spirit in the most dramatic fashion, but it was an extremely painful and unpleasant way to die, and sometimes the samurai who was performing the act asked a loyal comrade to cut off his head at the moment of agony.

I haven't watched the show Vikings nor studied the actual history of Vikings so I don't know much about their philosophies or if they had a code to which they cleave.

Thoughts? Anyone care to throw up a link to their own Knight, Viking or Samurai Quiz?

El Zo1212o
01-17-2016, 06:53 AM
The only code we cleaved was our enemies' SKULLS! WAAAAAAGH!!!