PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed games made for console ?

Rioz22222
01-11-2016, 09:42 AM
Is this true that AC games were only made and meant for console but ubi also publishing Pc versions ? because I see console players are much more in this game and have much much much much ... less problems than use
ACS.exe stopped working
ACU glitch graphic problem ****tering

and many other issues .... ( like AC III freeze ) not only these issues but also things like motion blur easy climbing low use of (all ) keys on keyboard
Even with perfect systems is this all because of the fact that AC games were meant and made for consoles ? [ if it is well that is a real unfortunate since many hate keypad and love mouse + keyboard which makes the right OS windows also with mouse and keyboard you feel like you are more in control of your character than when you are playing with a Keypad & i hope windows 10 solve this issues and help ubisoft to make the game feels right when you play with keyboard and mouse ON Windows OS PC]

YazX_
01-11-2016, 10:29 AM
consoles or PC, all of these platforms share the same code, only changes are API calls for drawing on screen, now regarding DRM, consoles have Sony/MS APIs to call and PC has UPlay. now the major difference is consoles have one unified hardware and software, thus if the game was tested on one PS4/XB1 and worked fine without issues then it will run on all PS4/XB1, but that cannot be said for PC, if the game ran fine on 100 PCs then it might have issues with other PCs because every PC has different hardware, software(s), OS, Bios,..... so its impossible to test the game on every single configuration out there.

Now for keyboard and mouse, i do believe as personal opinion that the game first is coded and designed to work with controllers and then when porting it to PC they add K/M support, because some stuff can be seen as controller friendly and left out for K/M, one of the biggest examples in AC:Syndicate is the kidnapping, in controller analog stick you can control the walking speed, while K/M you have one constant walking speed which is the max one, thus the detection circle will grow to max when walking and there is no way to control it rendering this functionality or game mechanics useless for players with K/M. another example is all AC games before AC4, limited the quick access tools to 4 keys and if you want to select more then you have to open the weapon wheel, this is because controllers have D-Pad which supports only 4 actions, AC3 is a nightmare in this regard since you have tons of tools and 4 keys is just below the min in that game, but this has been improved in AC4 and beyond for PC to unlock quick access for all tools, so things are improving over time.

to wrap up, i have never encountered any problems with any AC game (except for the known issues ofcourse), K/M works well in most of cases in all AC games.

Mr_Shade
01-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Due to the game play style, a controller has always been recommended for the AC series of games, since you need precise analogue controls for walking etc - something a keyboard can't do that well or comfortably.

Control schemes have improved though, however I personally would always recommend a controller - the wired Microsoft Xbox 360 or Xbox One pad works great.

For the other issues, I'm sorry but PC's can be sometimes tricky to get working 100% - there are so many configurations, that some systems have more issues than others - so can't really suggest a fix for that - though support are always happy to help out.

LovetoDie
01-13-2016, 03:44 AM
I just bought Rogue on steam. my camera is looking at the sky and no Keyboard controls are working. Is Rogue playable on the Keyboard / mouse? if not I'll just get a refund.

Frag_Maniac
01-13-2016, 07:20 AM
Due to the game play style, a controller has always been recommended for the AC series of games, since you need precise analogue controls for walking etc - something a keyboard can't do that well or comfortably.

Control schemes have improved though, however I personally would always recommend a controller - the wired Microsoft Xbox 360 or Xbox One pad works great.

Kinda glossing over the sheer laziness of leaving out walk speed control for kidnapping on keyboard there aren't you, which was easily done via scroll wheel in Ubi's older Splinter Cell games. Or the fact that gamepads in fact are really no more precise than KB/M if the control scheme for it is coded properly.

This is why I'm still skeptical about the next AC, despite being given more dev time, because we keep seeing denial, dodging and excuses that make no sense. That's typically what you get from console first devs though, and it's clearly not for being a better platform, it's for cheaper, easier development.