PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity + Windows 10 = crash

WingedHussar_PL
01-09-2016, 01:35 PM
Assassin's Creed Unity crashes after 5-10 minutes while playing on Windows 10. This is a known bug which was mentioned on many forums before. Unity crashes because of xaudio2_7.dll file mismatch between Unity folder and Win10 system folder. Here is solution : http://steamcommunity.com/app/289650/discussions/0/528398719801921667/

But why we still don't have any official patch from Ubisoft ? Is this game was abandonment ? Probably not if it is still on sales. So all of the Windows 10 users should get refund ? When we will get patch ?

YazX_
01-09-2016, 01:41 PM
the problem is not with the game and windows, i have the game running perfectly fine without any crashes on windows 10 x64, the problem is when installing softwares especially old ones, alot of them just place dlls into System32 folder, thus might replace this dll file with older versions, consequently the game crashes when attempting to use this dll since its incorrect version. i don't know what and which softwares that replace this file but its definitely caused by one of them.

i have vanilla windows 10 pro and i don't install any softwares unless if i know what it exactly does and what files it needs and replaces, so i don't have any single problem with the game, i would bet if anyone CLEAN installs windows 10 and run the game then it will run just fine without this kind of dll errors.

WingedHussar_PL
01-09-2016, 01:46 PM
The only additional software that I have installed and might replace such files are drivers for onboard sound card. It is rather old so I will try uninstalling.

strigoi1958
01-09-2016, 02:03 PM
the xaudio problem happens in many games due to conflicts on certain PC's not ALL PC's and not with just a specific or ubisoft specific games... it is usually solved by locating the xaudio2_7.dll file and renaming it.... (maybe xxxaudio2_7.dll) but sometimes that affects sound in the crashing game or in another game. Ubisoft or any game company cannot patch all the problems that exist on individual computers. When I get a problem I check the event viewer and google it until I find solutions and eventually the right one for me.

YazX_
01-09-2016, 02:40 PM
yah and i forgot to add, this dll file is part of DirectX, so some games developed on DirectX uses this file to process sound other games might use different APIs, it depends on the game itself and sound engine created, however, when developing using a specific DX version, you bundle DX files or DX installer for that version to install with the game, thus when DX is installing it replaces/adds missing files, sometimes DX installation doesn't go well and will not be able to replace such files as they are in-use, thus it might not work when reinstalling DX.

so Essentially its not games problem rather than DX installation problem and softwares replacing DX dll files with older versions.