PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Cut Content

Senningiri_GR
01-09-2016, 11:53 AM
https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/10281_10153790059349687_8273723027599856291_n.jpg? oh=b0caac7a2cebbfa15aaf6c9a9a9c8fd7&oe=5710D634

Ubisoft has been releasing Assassin's Creed games annually since 2007 and people have started to complain that the company is rushing games and that they lack of creativity, and as a result, milking the series. So here is a list of stuff that were intended for the games but were never added to the final products...

Assassin's Creed

Horse Riding in Urban Environment

Assassinating Jamal (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Jamal)

Journey to Constantinople (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Constantinople)

Assassin's Creed Revelations

Altair sword fight with Haras (aka The Crusader)
Byzantine allies in the Siege of Maysaf
Better and more realistic colors in Ottoman Soldier's clothing
In the E3 promotional video, a civilian could be seen carrying a barrel, however no such carrier was present in the final version of the game.

Assassin's Creed 3

Canoe
Naval Free roaming

Which indicates that the maps for Assassin's Creed Rogue were intended for Assassin's Creed 3, like River Valley and North Atlantic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZGEXfOmaMc In this video it is hinted that they would use the Old Growth Forest in Assassin's Creed 3

More Conversations between Connor and Achilles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T21DpeiU6uo
Icy Rooftops during winter
Freezing Lakes giving the ability to walk over them and reach new locations

Assassin's Creed Black Flag

Original, Edward and El Tiburon were planned to have a confrontation at the end of Sequence 2, which would end with Edward losing the battle. The fight was cut during development though Edward's final line to El Tiburon still refer it.
In the E3 promotional video, Edward could be seen naturally engaging in various activities while blending with groups of civilians, though no such feature was present in the final version of the game.

Assassin's Creed Rogue

More conversations between Shay and Liam and Shay and Christopher Gist
A more dense and developed larger story

Nerdman3000
01-09-2016, 06:24 PM
I know there was a deleted sequence/Mission in Black Flag where Edward was suppose to be with Anne Bonny and Mary Reed when the two women fought the British and they and Calico Jack got arrested. Also, I know there was suppose to be a crossbow in AC1 as a weapon that was cut.

I don't know if this last one is true, but it was something I heard once, and it was that Brotherhood was originally suppose to be some type of DLC or something for AC2, and not it's own game. I could be wrong on that last one though.

I-Like-Pie45
01-09-2016, 06:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU

Assassin_M
01-09-2016, 06:40 PM
Ubisoft has been releasing Assassin's Creed games annually since 2007 and people have started to complain that the company is rushing games and that they lack of creativity, and as a result, milking the series. So here is a list of stuff that were intended for the games but were never added to the final products...

Assassin's Creed

Horse Riding in Urban Environment

Assassinating Jamal (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Jamal)

Journey to Constantinople (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Constantinople)

The Constantinople part in AC I has no citation. Originally, you could knock down scaffolding with your sword to hinder pursuers during a chase.

Byzantine allies in the Siege of Maysaf
Better and more realistic colors in Ottoman Soldier's clothing
In the E3 promotional video, a civilian could be seen carrying a barrel, however no such carrier was present in the final version of the game.

Can you explain how the colors of the Ottoman soldiers were more realistic? Also, the E3 demo you're referring to, that's not an NPC station. it was only an intro cinematic. It's not a cut feature. Also, Altair was going to have more missions. One of which was going to Constantinople in 1204 and being present for the sack of it by crusaders. Also, the hookblade originally allowed you to use enemies' weapons against them.

Assassin's Creed 3

Canoe
Naval Free roaming

Which indicates that the maps for Assassin's Creed Rogue were intended for Assassin's Creed 3, like River Valley and North Atlantic
In this video it is hinted that they would use the Old Growth Forest in Assassin's Creed 3

More Conversations between Connor and Achilles
Icy Rooftops during winter
Freezing Lakes giving the ability to walk over them and reach new locations

The target footage video is not a part of the game, it's not even a vertical slice. It was never marketed nor promoted, so it doesn't count. Also, Connor's epilogue monologue was cut. Also, the great fire of NY.

I-Like-Pie45
01-09-2016, 06:47 PM
I already took care of that, Mo

Locopells
01-09-2016, 06:59 PM
I don't know if this last one is true, but it was something I heard once, and it was that Brotherhood was originally suppose to be some type of DLC or something for AC2, and not it's own game. I could be wrong on that last one though.

Oh that one's true enough. Whether it was meant to be DLC is unclear, but there's traces in ACII's code of stuff that appeared in ACB...

I-Like-Pie45
01-09-2016, 07:04 PM
lets not forget that ac2's dlcs were in-game content that were cut to be sold as dlc, just like Hearts of Stone in The Witcher 3

Assassin_M
01-09-2016, 07:06 PM
I already took care of that, Mo
Right on, bear buddy

I-Like-Pie45
01-09-2016, 07:27 PM
Assassin's Creed 3 also had the cut Great Fire of New York, which was removed because of AI issues, this probably would've taken place in-between Sequence 8 and 9.

And although this is just my speculation, based on this concept art (http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-21/art/ac3-washington-crossing-the-delaware.jpg) I think it's possible that the developers were planning on including the Crossing of the Delaware/Battle of Trenton at some point in the game's development.

marvelfannumber
01-09-2016, 08:27 PM
Also, Altair was going to have more missions. One of which was going to Constantinople in 1204 and being present for the sack of it by crusaders.

Man, shame that was cut because that sounds like it would have been really cool. The later Roman (Byzantine) Empire needs more love in video games, or entertainment in general for that matter.

Ureh
01-09-2016, 10:43 PM
iirc, for AC1, there was supposed to be a slope jumping mechanic in the Kingdom where you need to time your button presses. I don't think it was ever shown but definitely cut.

SixKeys
01-10-2016, 01:01 AM

Um, you can still have a sword fight with him. The full sync requires air-assassinating, but you can also just enter the courtyard and battle him mano-a-mano.

AdrianJacek
01-10-2016, 09:30 AM
AC2 - Piero de Medici was supposed to be in the game. Presumably the search for Savonarola was meant to be longer with some backtracking to Venice (considering what happened in the Renaissance novel). In the end he only got a brief mention in the first mission of Sequence 13.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Piero_de'_Medici

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/b/bb/AC2_Piero_de'_Medici_database.png/revision/latest?cb=20140905221419

AdrianJacek
01-10-2016, 10:02 AM
Oh that one's true enough. Whether it was meant to be DLC is unclear, but there's traces in ACII's code of stuff that appeared in ACB...
Got any links to pages that explain the ACB stuff in AC2's code? I would like to learn about that.
Also, I remember Corey May stating in a 2009 interview they might do a DLC with Leonardo's War Machines. We all know how that turned out.

Locopells
01-11-2016, 01:22 AM
Long story short, I know a guy who pulled apart the ACII code and found a bunch of subtitles from cut missions that never made it to the finished game, including scenes from the Cristina flashbacks that appeared in ACB. There's also traces of 100% syncing and other features that didn't appear until ACB. Obviously not all of ACB was intended for ACII, but it does seem that large parts of it were originally intended for ACII.

HDinHB
01-11-2016, 01:31 AM
Long story short, I know a guy who pulled apart the ACII code and found a bunch of subtitles from cut missions that never made it to the finished game, including scenes from the Cristina flashbacks that appeared in ACB. There's also traces of 100% syncing and other features that didn't appear until ACB. Obviously not all of ACB was intended for ACII, but it does seem that large parts of it were originally intended for ACII.

Interesting...explains why the Christina memories appeared in the AC2 novel. When reading it, I thought "Where did these come from?" then when playing ACB "Oh, there they are."

SixKeys
01-11-2016, 01:38 AM

There are some missions in AC2 that seem clearly designed with full sync objectives in mind, so that doesn't surprise me. I'm curious about how the Cristina scenes were altered for ACB, though.

orionsrise
01-11-2016, 05:49 AM
I also recall that in Assassin's Creed III we were supposed to be able to explore Philadelphia like New York and Boston, but was cut out because of how small the buildings were.

Assassin_M
01-11-2016, 06:15 AM
but was cut out because of how small the buildings were.
No, it was because the city was very rigidly grid-like and that would've been detrimental to the occlusion culling and draw distance.

UnknownGamer1994
01-11-2016, 07:16 AM
In Assassin's Creed: Syndicate there was supposed to be a present day playable scene, an escape sequence... which was scraped I'm quite sure Galina is the main playable character... Hope to see those ideas come to life in the next AC games... :(

pacmanate
01-11-2016, 01:48 PM

Rome was also supposed to be the last City in AC2 as well which I guess explains why there is quiet a bit of ACB code in AC2. It was a timing issue If i recall.

But hey, they also decided to take out 2 entire sequences from AC2 so who am I to judge if they take out a whole city....

For the most part though, kinda glad. AC2 was long enough and I really enjoyed ACB.

Farlander1991
01-11-2016, 03:37 PM
In a GDC talk about AC3 mission design, Corey and Phillip showed some parts of AC3 documentation, in which we can note a mission which was a carriage chase around London after Haytham kills Miko (my guess it was probably cut as with the addition of Revelations there was a lot of carriage chases in the series).

AC2, judging by script left in game files, had all the Cristina missions, as well as Ezio being much more of a lover-boy (he had sex with Teodora and also with a random girl which 'soothed' him as he was sad about leaving Cristina, etc).

joshoolhorst
01-11-2016, 03:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syV2-ZuaxC8

31:36 untill 33:00 He talks about a DLC

cawatrooper9
01-11-2016, 04:32 PM
Original, Edward and El Tiburon were planned to have a confrontation at the end of Sequence 2, which would end with Edward losing the battle. The fight was cut during development though Edward's final line to El Tiburon still refer it.

I always thought that line was awkward. However, I've noticed that when Edward is discovered looking for Roberts in the Havana prison, El Tiburon is the one who knocks him out. So, while the line could have still referred to a cut fight, it still makes sense in the given context that El Tiburon "bested" him.

lets not forget that ac2's dlcs were in-game content that were cut to be sold as dlc, just like Hearts of Stone in The Witcher 3
By far the thing that makes me angriest about the series. :mad:
AC2 used to be my least favorite game. I played through the AC2 DLC a few months ago, and it significantly improves the experience.

Man, shame that was cut because that sounds like it would have been really cool. The later Roman (Byzantine) Empire needs more love in video games, or entertainment in general for that matter.

Yeah, ironic that some of the coolest cut content was from AC1, long before annualization was ever an "issue"...

m4r-k7
01-11-2016, 04:40 PM

Man I love the way he talks about AC. You can really see his passion for the franchise and the fact that he hasn't played any of the new ones shows that he probably hates where the series has gone. I can totally see why when I look at the earlier games :/

M.ellith.
01-11-2016, 04:49 PM

Source? I really don't think so. I'm nearly sure it's not true. The only thing that may be cut from the base game is the location. Nothing more.

Farlander1991
01-11-2016, 04:53 PM
Yeah, ironic that some of the coolest cut content was from AC1, long before annualization was ever an "issue"...

There's not a game that exists without cut content, especially ones as ambitious as AC1.

On a side note, it depends on the nature of why the content is cut and what are the reprecussions of it, but I would say 60% of the time it actually helps it make a better experience. There would be tons of stuff cut from our favourite games that we probably have no idea about.

And sometimes things that are left in are questionable at best. AC2 for example would benefit from having its Venice content cut while leaving the DLC sequences in for the initial release.

cawatrooper9
01-11-2016, 05:06 PM
And sometimes things that are left in are questionable at best. AC2 for example would benefit from having its Venice content cut while leaving the DLC sequences in for the initial release.
I know this is sort of parroting our discussion in a different thread, but this is something I could absolutely get behind.

joshoolhorst
01-11-2016, 05:15 PM
Not realy something but didn't Rosa (the thief in AC2) voice actress die in a car crash? In Assassin's Creed Brotherhood novel Rosa was in the book so this means they had plans for her:confused: And the books are canon right, so was she going to be in the game?

pacmanate
01-11-2016, 08:17 PM

Wow. So that confirms 2 things. They cut stuff that happened before this sequence, and the Cristina missions were supposed to be AC2 DLC.

Also the way he talks about AC, wow. My mind went blank and I got so hyped for playing AC2, just the passion he had for it.

orionsrise
01-12-2016, 07:00 AM
No, it was because the city was very rigidly grid-like and that would've been detrimental to the occlusion culling and draw distance.

My mistake. Still a lot of possible stories got left behind when that happened.

Senningiri_GR
01-12-2016, 04:55 PM
In the E3 Demo Ottoman soldiers have a reddish outfit instead of a green

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYiu7_6JVGc