PDA

View Full Version : New Rumour: AC 2016 set in Rome

Sushiglutton
01-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Have been convinced that this is very likely FALSE.

(Thanks to Ze for better link)

https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/4009bp/unbeievable_news/
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/323131890

I'm a real developer from Ubisoft Montreal Studios. I've been worknig since the first Assassin's Creed. And I can confirm that the other 4chan user falsely claiming to be a developer was lying about the rumor that there will be no Assassin's Creed in 2016.

We already have an Assassin's Creed game 40% ready in development that's due to 2016 release. Exact release date has not been decided. We still have a lot to do. This AC game will be set in Rome, Antioch and many other explorable locations, where we play in the footsteps of Marcus Junius Brutus. The game is set between 68BC and 49BC. Events include the fall of Seleucid Empire, the assassination of Aretas III, Lutatius Catulus, Battle of Pistoria and so many more.

The game will have on foot and naval combat. Horses and boats are back as well. And naval battle is much more enhanced this time. We also have a lot of unique features in this game. This is our most ambitious project ever, and I can promise that you've never seen ANYTHING like this. This is a totally different game. The entire assassin and templar ideology was different and they were just in their early phases of development. This is also the most dark and gritty game we've developed in years.

The historical side of the game will explore on the dark mysteries of the Shroud of Eden that was never known. The modern day arc will remain hidden for now, but we'll provide more details in the coming months. Expect more details around April. And you can screencap this whole thread because unlike the other 4chan user, I'll be back after March. Do NOT thank me. It was never my intention, but I couldn't stand while some nobody makes false claims about our hard work.

Jason: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=191612783&postcount=554

OK, let me be as clear as possible:

- As I reported, a number of good sources have told me that AC: Empire is set in ancient Egypt and coming in 2017. One source mentioned last year that it would also be set in ancient Rome, although I don't know if that's still the case.

- Today's 4chan rumor reeks of BS but I can't say for sure one way or another.

- Although I had heard from several sources that Empire would be the next big AC game and that the series was skipping 2016, I did hear from two different people later this week (after my original article went live) that there is actually some sort of AC coming this year (not Rome or the AC Collection, but something else entirely), although I haven't been able to corroborate any of the details, and it all contradicts what I'd heard from other reliable people. I'll stay vague for now as I'm still trying to figure out what's true. If I was wrong about there not being a big game this year, I'll do my best to correct the record as quickly as I can.

cawatrooper9
01-08-2016, 06:30 PM
Rough translation of the article, courtesy of Google Translate:

Following rumors of eventual return the Assassins Creed series in 2017, a developer Ubisoft Montreal - anonymously, of course - held to dismantle this computation by hand of a different theory. By taking the time to clarify that board on the license since its inception in 2007, the mysterious insider says without blinking that the next episode will be released indeed in 2016, and it is only at 40% development. The Canadian studio would work so hard to meet deadlines, knowing that no release date has yet been set even if the customs would like this Assassin's Creed in 2016 arrives next fall.

As regards the historical context of the game, the events would take place between 68 and 49 BC with such key moments, the fall of the Seleucid Empire, the assassination of Aretas III or the Battle of Pistoia. As for the hero, it would be a Marcus Junius Brutus would have to visit several Italian cities, including Rome. A choice far from trivial if all this were to be confirmed in the sense that Italy - particularly in Assassin's Creed II - is the country that has most marked the fans of the franchise. Gameplay side, horses and sea battles would make their comeback. Regarding the latter, our man ensures that new features have been designed and the boat trips will be much more pleasurable than Black Flag for example.

"To date, this is our most ambitious project and I can promise you've never seen anything so amazing also emphasizes the informant. This is a totally different game." Apparently, the fight that engages the Assassins and the Templars since the dawn of time would be approached from another angle, and the scenario is particularly dark. Other mysteries surrounding the Shroud of Eden would also be discussed, not to mention modern times which would also be in order. Finally, it is mentioned that Ubisoft will go to business around the month of April. Sure of himself, the man said he could not let a stranger say anything about the upcoming Assassin's Creed, and he had to restore the truth. Thank you sir.

Personally, I'd absolutely love Rome... and a 2016 release date, of course ;)

Nice find, Sushi!

Sushiglutton
01-08-2016, 06:35 PM
Tanks for the tranlastion Cawat!

I dunno about htis one tbh. It's their most ambitious project ever and it's 40% done with less than a year to go? Roman naval combat also seems hard to get as explosive as the one in BF. I'm a bit sceptical, but always nice with new rumors to speculate about :D

SixKeys
01-08-2016, 06:36 PM
Ugh. Please don't be true.

Locopells
01-08-2016, 06:39 PM
Just when I think it's safe to go away...

ze_topazio
01-08-2016, 06:41 PM
i saw it here hours ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/4009bp/unbeievable_news/

I wanted to post here but was too lazy.

Anyway, unlike the other I don't think this leaker sound credible at all, everything he says sound super fishy and Brutus is a historical character and Ubisoft so far has avoided playable historical characters and giving fictional children to historical characters, and personally I hope they continue like that, but you never know, they can change their habits.

Assuming its true, I'm thorn, in one hand we have the ancient city of Rome in full 3D, something I have dreamed of seeing since I was a kid looking for all the info I could from encyclopedias and books, and legendary historical characters and events.
On the other hand, it's not the history I'm interested in, it's the city, and the Rome I dream of seeing is not the Rome from Julius Caesar time, it's the imperial city of Rome (and Roman culture) in its full glory around the time of Marcus Aurelius or Commodus when the Roman civilization was at its highest point, after that everything started going downhill.

But then, I'm a nobody, and if the majority of people want Julius, Ubisoft will give them Julius.

JWRK
01-08-2016, 06:42 PM
As for the hero, it would be a Marcus Junius Brutus

They said time and again we would never play a real historical character, and for good reason. I do not believe this part at all.

MikeFNY
01-08-2016, 06:46 PM
So many rumours, only one fact: There are way too many developers at Ubisoft who just love to spill the beans :)

In fact, this might be the right time to say that the next AC will be set in space.

joelsantos24
01-08-2016, 06:54 PM
Yes, sure, a game in production for 3-4 years, according to Ubisoft's usual claims, is still at 40% completion. And it is supposed to be released in late Autumn. There are rumors and there is nonsense.

m4r-k7
01-08-2016, 06:54 PM
I don't believe this at all. If this is true, awesome, but this this sounds like some random guy making up crap.

Sushiglutton
01-08-2016, 06:56 PM
I wanted to post here but was too lazy.

Thanks for making me look like an idiot instead lol.

But yeah I agree with others this rumor is much weaker and very likely fake tbh. I will edit the OP a bit....

cawatrooper9
01-08-2016, 07:06 PM
I mean, I'd take this and the Egypt rumor with a grain of salt, to be honest. I just prefer this delusion over the other. :rolleyes:

jellejackhammer
01-08-2016, 07:23 PM
Hmmmm i'm steering to the fake side of rumors On this one. Don't get me wrong the concept sounds Awsome (dark and first civ based story) but the way this is "leaked" sounds so out of the blue. All this because a "Nobody" leaked empire? Sounds to me like hè is jealous that hè didn't find that leak.

NAVID4ASSASSIN
01-08-2016, 07:59 PM
The only thing i like about this rumor is that this one said its releasing in 2016, man one year without an AC game, hell no, i will be ok with a past gen collection, but if they decide to release a filler game like rogue with unity mechanics this year then come up with either rome or egypt in the 2017 that would be the best for me. :cool:

SixKeys
01-08-2016, 08:09 PM
I don't buy the "40% done" at all, but I'm not shutting out the possibility of this rumor being true (although less believable than the Egypt one) considering that many of the credible leaks we get around this time of the year always have a few inaccuracies, perhaps to gauge people's reactions. I hope it's fake.

jellejackhammer
01-08-2016, 08:29 PM
i'm just curious what jason could mean with a "different new kind of ac game"
it doesn't sound like a ac game that we are used to getting,not even a spin off game.
a 4th chronicle game?

crusader_prophet
01-08-2016, 08:59 PM
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted is hitting us hard. WTF is going on...seriously. Why can't UbiSoft come out and give a clear statement that these rumors are false. If these are true, then UbiSoft really needs to create more incentive for their employees to not be disloyal to their own who are providing them a pay check. That's what happens when you become a mega-corporation unlike CDPR and BioWare, you lose control and...quality.

SixKeys
01-08-2016, 10:12 PM
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted is hitting us hard. WTF is going on...seriously. Why can't UbiSoft come out and give a clear statement that these rumors are false. If these are true, then UbiSoft really needs to create more incentive for their employees to not be disloyal to their own who are providing them a pay check. That's what happens when you become a mega-corporation unlike CDPR and BioWare, you lose control and...quality.

Honestly, we always get leaks like this around this time of the year. I'm convinced they're at least somewhat intentional to create buzz.

crusader_prophet
01-08-2016, 10:14 PM
Honestly, we always get leaks like this around this time of the year. I'm convinced they're at least somewhat intentional to create buzz.

Yes we do, but this year it seems relentless.

cawatrooper9
01-08-2016, 10:15 PM
Yes we do, but this year it seems relentless.

There have been, like, two big rumors...

SixKeys
01-08-2016, 10:23 PM
Normally with such big rumors we'd already have Mr. Shade calming people down in threads, going "you shouldn't believe everything you read". This time he's surprisingly absent. What are you hiding, Mr. Shade? ;)

crusader_prophet
01-08-2016, 10:26 PM

Within span of a week...

cawatrooper9
01-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Normally with such big rumors we'd already have Mr. Shade calming people down in threads, going "you shouldn't believe everything you read". This time he's surprisingly absent. What are you hiding, Mr. Shade? ;)
Seems kinda shady...

Within span of a week...
Sure, but I really doubt that we're going to see this continue at a steady rate.

melbye82
01-08-2016, 11:21 PM
What is Ubisoft is leaking on purpose just to screw with the tabloid known as Kotaku

HDinHB
01-08-2016, 11:40 PM
Remember this:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/869397-Assassin-s-Creed-Comet-lead-protagonist-concept-art-leaked-goes-perfectly-with-Rome!?p=9915863&viewfull=1#post9915863
http://www.true-gaming.net/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Assassins-Creed-Comet-500x600.jpg

SixKeys
01-09-2016, 12:22 AM
What is Ubisoft is leaking on purpose just to screw with the tabloid known as Kotaku

Kotaku weren't the first to report it, though.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-09-2016, 01:21 AM
You see?!

This is why I don't trust 4Chan, AT ALL!

Anybody can claim to be anyone that works anywhere saying anything!!!

ANYTHING!

Watch someone else come on and claim something else now.

ERICATHERINE
01-09-2016, 01:57 AM

You forgot one. There is this one, the one about egypt and the one about the remakes. ^-^

Jolterx
01-09-2016, 02:28 AM
I'm so sick and tired of these stupid rumors.

pacmanate
01-10-2016, 05:19 AM
40% in production when its supposed to ship in 10 months time? Please.

Not to mention

1. Rome has been done with Ezio, don't care that its a different time period
2. Brutus is a real person.

I-Like-Pie45
01-10-2016, 05:50 AM
well whose to say that Brutus is the only person in history named Brutus

It could be Brutus Gluteus instead of the famous Caestar killer Brutus, the famous but not as famous janitor of the Colosseum's latrines

DGLee12
01-10-2016, 08:11 AM
Usually the timeline moves forward. We've gone from 1191AD to 1860s (1918 if you include WW1 side story) so it's hard to believe they'll go back (as mentioned earlier, Rome was already done)

I personally would love to see a continuation of WW1 or a new World War 2 setting, played out all over major centers of action in Europe.

BATISTABUS
01-10-2016, 08:32 AM
Posted this in the Egypt thread a couple of days ago:

Just came across another "leak" that's making the rounds. This one is very obviously false, so much so that it's not even really worth going over, but I figured I might as well just take the time to explain why.

I'm a real developer from Ubisoft Montreal Studios. I've been worknig since the first Assassin's Creed.....but I couldn't stand while some nobody makes false claims about our hard work.
Vaguely identifies as a developer. There have been very few devs that have carried over from game to game and they're all high ranking. None would be petty enough to come out and make a leak due to a rumor, nor has this happened with any other false leak. Since the studio developing the next AC game has not been released, Montreal may be the one developing it, but we're not sure. An article released in 2014 (http://blog.ubi.com/ubisoft-quebec-assassins-creed/) said Ubisoft Quebec would develop a future game, which seems to have been Syndicate.

Exact release date has not been decided.
Ubisoft has historically been very strict about deadlines, to a detriment. Deadlines are determined very early on in the production cycle.

This AC game will be set in Rome...where we play in the footsteps of Marcus Junius Brutus
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood had Rome as a playable location. While it is possible that the series will revisit the ancient version of this location, I don't think we'll be seeing it as the main location for a while. Assassin's Creed also tends to avoid areas that are extensively covered by other games/media (with certain exceptions). It is not in the spirit of Assassin's Creed to make a major historical figure the playable protagonist of a game. A lot of information (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Marcus_Junius_Brutus) has already been revealed about Brutus' role within the AC lore, so a game would not be necessary at this point.

The game will have on foot and naval combat. Horses and boats are back as well. And naval battle is much more enhanced this time. We also have a lot of unique features in this game. This is our most ambitious project ever, and I can promise that you've never seen ANYTHING like this. This is a totally different game. The entire assassin and templar ideology was different and they were just in their early phases of development. This is also the most dark and gritty game we've developed in years.
Just a bunch of generic claims that anyone could make up and may end up being true regardless.

The historical side of the game will explore on the dark mysteries of the Shroud of Eden that was never known. The modern day arc will remain hidden for now, but we'll provide more details in the coming months.
The Shroud of Eden claim makes reference to an Initiates tidbit that you can read about here (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Shrouds_of_Eden#cite_note-ACPL_Christmas-2).

Leaking the main plot but refusing to divulge information about the modern story makes no sense. "We'll provide more details in the coming months" sounds like an exact quote from any given Ubisoft representative whenever they are asked about the modern day.

jellejackhammer
01-10-2016, 12:52 PM
Usually the timeline moves forward. We've gone from 1191AD to 1860s (1918 if you include WW1 side story) so it's hard to believe they'll go back (as mentioned earlier, Rome was already done)

I personally would love to see a continuation of WW1 or a new World War 2 setting, played out all over major centers of action in Europe.

So by your Logic we Will never a game that Goes back in the past just because the new games are set in a more modern setting? because if so then we shall end up with a 90's setting as the "historical" part... And for Those saying that Rome won't return i must say that the egypt rumor can Also be classed as fake because it's suposed to be the beginning of a trilogy that Will take us to ancient Rome in the second game of Said trilogy ...

marvelfannumber
01-10-2016, 01:56 PM
So by your Logic we Will never a game that Goes back in the past just because the new games are set in a more modern setting? because if so then we shall end up with a 90's setting as the "historical" part... And for Those saying that Rome won't return i must say that the egypt rumor can Also be classed as fake because it's suposed to be the beginning of a trilogy that Will take us to ancient Rome in the second game of Said trilogy ...

There is also the fact that Ancient Rome would feel and play completely different to renaissance Rome in almost every way (especially if they did it 1:1).

I-Like-Pie45
01-10-2016, 09:01 PM
well here's something

the romans, like alexander the great, weren't all that great

most of their so-called history and accomplished are actually fairy stories are based on exaggerated claims and false evidence planted by the agents of the Illuminati, the archaeologists so like AC Unity an AC Ancient Rome would just be more "lies and slander"

SixKeys
01-10-2016, 09:53 PM

We've already gone back in time from the 18th century (Connor's time) to the golden age of piracy in the 17th century (Edward).

Mataresian
01-10-2016, 11:20 PM
We've already gone back in time from the 18th century (Connor's time) to the golden age of piracy in the 17th century (Edward).
The golden age of piracy also was in the 18th century. At least in which Black Flag took place.

Megas_Doux
01-10-2016, 11:23 PM
There is also the fact that Ancient Rome would feel and play completely different to renaissance Rome in almost every way (especially if they did it 1:1).

Rome in ancient times is as different to the one of the early XVI century as 1868 London is to its tudor period version, for instance. However, I rather go to Alexandria or Carthage.

pacmanate
01-10-2016, 11:31 PM

Probably playing Battlefield as per (im watching you, Shade)

DGLee12
01-11-2016, 12:34 AM
So by your Logic we Will never a game that Goes back in the past just because the new games are set in a more modern setting? because if so then we shall end up with a 90's setting as the "historical" part

Reading problems much? I said it's hard to believe, not set in stone that they have to keep going forward. And you consider revolution-era France as modern? Who said the games have to be "historical"?

jellejackhammer
01-11-2016, 12:44 AM
Reading problems much? I said it's hard to believe, not set in stone that they have to keep going forward. And you consider revolution-era France as modern? Who said the games have to be "historical"?

Correction i Said MORE MODERN meaning Semi modern as what syndicate was in terms of history. And yes historical settings are one of the core elements of ac. Not saying that ww2 isn't historical (ofcourse it is) but even having hard times believing that ubi would go back in time because the period's move forward is a little questionable as they have Said that they have a entire historical playground at their disposal.

SixKeys
01-11-2016, 01:40 AM
The golden age of piracy also was in the 18th century. At least in which Black Flag took place.

Sure, but it still took place before Haytham and Connor's time.

Mr_Shade
01-11-2016, 01:34 PM
Probably playing Battlefield as per (im watching you, Shade)
nah, I'm here - just reading along..

However the official stance is:
We can’t comment on rumor or speculation. We’re always happy when players are excited about our games, past, present and future. In the meantime, we hope that the latest images from the Assassin’s Creed movie set will keep fans of the franchise happy and eager to find out more!

pacmanate
01-11-2016, 01:38 PM
We can’t comment on rumor or speculation.

This should be your signature :p

ze_topazio
01-11-2016, 02:08 PM
nah, I'm here - just reading along..

However the official stance is:
We can’t comment on rumor or speculation. We’re always happy when players are excited about our games, past, present and future. In the meantime, we hope that the latest images from the Assassin’s Creed movie set will keep fans of the franchise happy and eager to find out more!

Where can I see them?

pacmanate
01-11-2016, 02:26 PM
Where can I see them?

Google - https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=assassins+creed+movie+pictures&tbm=nws

RVSage
01-11-2016, 02:44 PM
This seems less true, to me, the Egypt rumor seemed more valid. Rome has already been explored,, this seemed to give too many gameplay details away as well, thus hard to believe than Egypt rumor

jellejackhammer
01-11-2016, 03:14 PM
This seems less true, to me, the Egypt rumor seemed more valid. Rome has already been explored,, this seemed to give too many gameplay details away as well, thus hard to believe than Egypt rumor

Then egypt can Also be false since it's suposed to be a new trilogie that Will take us to rome later On aswell. So i don't know On both leaks TBH.

cawatrooper9
01-11-2016, 03:54 PM
well whose to say that Brutus is the only person in history named Brutus

It could be Brutus Gluteus instead of the famous Caestar killer Brutus, the famous but not as famous janitor of the Colosseum's latrines

If there's not a player named Gluteus Maximus, I'll be thoroughly disappointed.

Mr_Shade
01-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Where can I see them?

They have been published on several sites - and are also here:

http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-movie-latest-pictures-from-the-set/
http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/exclusive-first-look-michael-fassbender-assassin-creed/

poptartz20
01-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Ehh.. I have mixed emotions on this. While I don't think it's true. I would have liked to see and ancient Rome, but more or less during the time of all the greats. such as Mark Antony, Caesar, Cleopatra, etc. Then again Rome has been explored to some extent and I would like to see the series take a bit of a break. Not sure how I'm feeling.

cawatrooper9
01-11-2016, 06:36 PM
Ehh.. I have mixed emotions on this. While I don't think it's true. I would have liked to see and ancient Rome, but more or less during the time of all the greats. such as Mark Antony, Caesar, Cleopatra, etc. Then again Rome has been explored to some extent and I would like to see the series take a bit of a break. Not sure how I'm feeling.

To be fair, we saw Renaissance Rome. Ancient Rome would be far different. After all, the main reason we went to Rome in ACB was simply because of its location with the Vatican.

ze_topazio
01-11-2016, 06:36 PM
They have been published on several sites - and are also here:

http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-movie-latest-pictures-from-the-set/
http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/exclusive-first-look-michael-fassbender-assassin-creed/

Those are old, I thought it was something new. :)

poptartz20
01-11-2016, 06:54 PM
To be fair, we saw Renaissance Rome. Ancient Rome would be far different. After all, the main reason we went to Rome in ACB was simply because of its location with the Vatican.

Yeah exactly why I feel conflicted! lol! Ancien Rome would be a new "playground" so to speak. So not totally against it.

jellejackhammer
01-11-2016, 06:55 PM
I never understand the "we already had Rome" argument Some people seem to make . So what ? Does that mean we Will never go there anymore? No because like you Said ancient Rome is very different,almost a entire new setting. The same location does not mean that the story,feel and style Will be the same.

ze_topazio
01-11-2016, 07:07 PM
Renaissance and Ancient Rome are complete different.

Renaissance (Brotherhood)
http://www.gamersdecide.com/sites/default/files/authors/u14586/7.jpg

Ancient
http://i.imgur.com/ZXKJG3J.jpg

I-Like-Pie45
01-11-2016, 07:17 PM
that's all just Philosopher lies, ze topazio

ze_topazio
01-11-2016, 07:25 PM
that's all just Philosopher lies, ze topazio

Not the La Li Lu Le Lo?

jellejackhammer
01-11-2016, 07:36 PM
Renaissance and Ancient Rome are complete different.

Renaissance (Brotherhood)
http://www.gamersdecide.com/sites/default/files/authors/u14586/7.jpg

Ancient
http://i.imgur.com/ZXKJG3J.jpg

Indeed. so people can put that argument to rest now.

ERICATHERINE
01-11-2016, 07:42 PM
If we get a new game with Rome, I hope it will be a Rome at least as different than the one in ac b then New York was different from ac iii to ac rogue. I know it was because of the fire, but time can change a city just as much. We can see proof of that by comparing the 2 New York from ac iii and rogue to the one we go to in a md mission of ac iii. ^-^

SixKeys
01-11-2016, 08:03 PM
If there's not a player named Gluteus Maximus, I'll be thoroughly disappointed.

He has a wife, you know......Incontinentia.

ze_topazio
01-11-2016, 08:09 PM
Are you perhaps talking about that great friend I have in Rome called Biggus ****us?

pacmanate
01-11-2016, 08:14 PM
Are you perhaps talking about that great friend I have in Rome called Biggus ****us?

:eek:

my favourite person oooh yes come 2 daddy

Locopells
01-11-2016, 08:14 PM
Oh god, it's like listening to my sister...

cawatrooper9
01-11-2016, 08:18 PM
my favourite person oooh yes come 2 daddy

Oh god, it's like listening to my sister...

Please tell me that these two posts just happened to be in this order...

pacmanate
01-11-2016, 08:20 PM

I just spat my tea out because of the ordering haha

Sushiglutton
01-11-2016, 09:28 PM
Watched the meme-heavy movie Anchorman yesterday and kept thinking of this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNV-ozPXn60

Locopells
01-12-2016, 01:31 AM

*facepalm*

I was referring to the posts above that one, sis is a fan of the rude Latin jokes...

Note to self, always check back after you post...

ze_topazio
01-12-2016, 01:46 AM
Those are "Life of Brian" references.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPGb4STRfKw

Ureh
01-12-2016, 01:48 AM
Looks like quite a few people will be going to gladiator school.

Locopells
01-12-2016, 02:36 AM
Those are "Life of Brian" references.

Yes, I know - sis is also the Monty Python fan of the family...

SixKeys
01-12-2016, 03:14 AM
If there will be an AC game set in Rome and there are no Life of Brian references, I shall be very cwoss indeed....I mean cross.

Even if it's just a wall in the background with "ROMANES EUNT DOMUS" scrawled on it.

HDinHB
01-12-2016, 03:57 AM
If there will be an AC game set in Rome and there are no Life of Brian references, I shall be very cwoss indeed....I mean cross.

Even if it's just a wall in the background with "ROMANES EUNT DOMUS" scrawled on it.

lolz....but shouldn't that be ROMANI ITE DOMUM? :rolleyes:

I'm sure they could fit in the crack suicide squad. And surely we'll get some side missions with Charles ****ens' great-great^90 grandpa Biggus.

cawatrooper9
01-12-2016, 04:29 PM

That wouldn't really make sense in Rome :rolleyes:

ERICATHERINE
01-12-2016, 09:02 PM
I just thinked of something. One of the reason that we thought make this rumor "not true" (the one that say Brutus can't be controled since it's a person that really existed) is not necessarily true. After all, we can control Jack the ripper in one of the syndicate dlc. ^-^

cawatrooper9
01-12-2016, 09:54 PM
I just thinked of something. One of the reason that we thought make this rumor "not true" (the one that say Brutus can't be controled since it's a person that really existed) is not necessarily true. After all, we can control Jack the ripper in one of the syndicate dlc. ^-^

True, and I remember wondering about if the series might allow for control of more historical characters in new installments (Admittedly, Jack isn't technically a "historical" character because we don't even necessarily know if he was a single individual, but it's close enough).

If anything, the move to a more ancient timeline would accomodate this more, as the DNA source would be more obscure, and people wouldn't be as sensitive to the subject as they'd be about more modern tragedies.

Still, as cool as it sounds, I find it unlikely.

ERICATHERINE
01-13-2016, 12:17 AM
Still, as cool as it sounds, I find it unlikely.

Yea, I don't think this rumor will be true too, at least because of the 40% completion of the supposed game.

But on the other hand, Jack the ripper may be a try from ubisoft to make us play as a historical figure on futur games. ^-^