PDA

View Full Version : So does this Intel confirm the rumors half true? [SPOILERS]

Mr.Black24
01-06-2016, 06:09 PM
So remember how the Assassin's Creed modern day lore coincide with real life time? Well in the Jack The Ripper DLC, there is new Assassin Intel, and it coincides with the whole rumor of this year's break.

Assassin Intel 3
To: WW-Assassins
Subject: Risk
No sign of Gramatica's lab in India. I am proceeding south through the various island nations to Australia. Abstergo's many subsidiaries continue to have a strong presence in Bangalore and they are no doubt scrambling to make sure we can't pillage another set of genetic memories.
With all due respect, I think the continued involvement of the Initiates is dangerous. They are not trained Assassins. I am forever grateful that they helped rebuild our network, and they've proved themselves invaluable as data miners.
So it's not a question of skill, but safety. I am an Assassin who accepts the risk of my chosen calling and have trained hard to protect myself. Involving a large number of civilians who simply happen to own a device connected to Helix puts them directly in the Templar's crosshairs.
I have seen firsthand what happens when civilians enter our world. It doesn't take long before things get messy. While I recognize the great threat Gramatica poses and our great need to do something about it, we need to find another way.

Assassin Intel 5
Subject: Bad news
Bishop,
Our man in Montreal is dead. The poor wee lad had kept a low profile during the "incident" in late 2014, so I thought he'd be okay. After all, not much really came from Otso Berg's viral video posturing, did it? We had to empty a few safehouses, shut down a few servers, and put up some new firewalls, but all in all, it seemed like he was just talking ****e. Except it was a feint. He found our man in Montreal almost instantly, and monitored his communication with other Initiates. He flushed us out and watched us run, and, more importantly, where we were running to.
Now some of our most influential supporters from the early days are running into some "bad luck." Our military contacts are getting transferred or discharged. Our wealthier private citizens are getting audited or straight up bought out by Abstergo and their subsidiaries. Our friends in the seats of higher learning are facing budget cuts and challenges to their authority and curriculums.
There are a lot of good people at risk, whose only crime was curiosity. I generally don't have a lot of time for Jasdip's ****ty attitude, but he's is right on this one, The Initiates aren't like us and they're in danger. Abstergo can make them disappear. Or worse.
I don't want to sound like I'm wearing Emmett's tin foil hat or anything, but I'm convinced they're being targeted. These are my friends, more importantly, they are INNOCNETS, and we need to do SOMETHING and fast.
I remain humbly yours, Eric.
PS: Any updates on Shaun & Rebecca? She wasn't looking so great when we extracted them from London.

************************************************** ***********************************

Assassin Intel 6
Subject: Going Dark
Your messages have been received and after much deliberation William Miles has decided to enact the Rooftop Garden Protocol. As of this moment, all unnecessary communications on this network will cease.
Above all, your primary target remains Dr. Gramatica and his lab. If you find either, DO NOT ENGAGE. Report to me immediately and we will assemble a strike team.
Outside of this, you are free to choose your own targets, so long as you follow the Creed. I will be in touch when necessary.
To any Initiates reading this, thank you for your great service. For your own safety, we will not be contacting you for the foreseeable future. But the fight isn't over, and there's a good chance you'll hear from me again.
Until then, stay safe.
Bishop

Remember, in the game, we are the Initiates. So basicly the reason why we are cut off this year is because the Assassins care for our safety! :o So does this mean that this was planned from the start? Am I wrong? Discuss.

VoXngola
01-06-2016, 06:17 PM
Wow, I really didn't think about this that way. The fact that Bishop says "you'll hear from me again" before mentioning that she won't contact us for the foreseeable future kinda seals it. I think you're right.

I-Like-Pie45
01-06-2016, 06:23 PM
No, I think this is just Ubisoft once more burning a bridge and running away without looking back so that they can pretend that Initiates like many other aspects of AC never existed

cawatrooper9
01-06-2016, 06:27 PM
Possibly. I just interpreted it as signaling the end of the Initiate storyline as well as the Abstergo entertainment one, but that the series would still continue.

On a side note, I feel as if this suggests that the Rogue floating tablet is the same as the Black Flag one, particularly because BF Floating Tablet was contacted by the Assassins at the end of the game, and these correspondences refer to Rogue Floating Tablet as "Our Man". I know some people thought that it was confirmed that these were different people (which seems like a strange idea to me anyway).

pacmanate
01-06-2016, 06:28 PM
I remember reading this after I finished the DLC and thought nothing of it. But perhaps it does mean there is a 2016 gap.

At the time however I just thought it meant they wont contact us for a year again just because of the whole game timeline fitting in with our real one. But perhaps this was a sign.

Going4Quests
01-06-2016, 06:31 PM
I just think they shut down the Initiates, to let a playable character return.. Galina Voronina!

RVSage
01-06-2016, 06:53 PM
I see two messages there

1. It does indicate , a break in yearly release

2. We are likely gonna get a modern day protagonist(s), and I strongly suspect it is callum lynch and/or desmond's son

Mr.Black24
01-06-2016, 07:13 PM
On a side note, I feel as if this suggests that the Rogue floating tablet is the same as the Black Flag one, particularly because BF Floating Tablet was contacted by the Assassins at the end of the game, and these correspondences refer to Rogue Floating Tablet as "Our Man". I know some people thought that it was confirmed that these were different people (which seems like a strange idea to me anyway).
Nah, if you read the diaries of the BF and Rogue researchers, they are very two different people.

I see two messages there

1. It does indicate , a break in yearly release

2. We are likely gonna get a modern day protagonist(s), and I strongly suspect it is callum lynch and/or desmond's son

I'm surprised that no one reads the intel, like it has a lot of neat stuff that will lead on to something, especially with these, it strongly seems so.

Desmond's son is only 10 years old by this time. Which is kind of funny, as Rebecca wondered that if there has ever been an Assassin Sage before, and here comes Desmond's son!
If anything, does William even know that he has a grandson?

RVSage
01-07-2016, 04:32 AM
Nah, if you read the diaries of the BF and Rogue researchers, they are very two different people.

I'm surprised that no one reads the intel, like it has a lot of neat stuff that will lead on to something, especially with these, it strongly seems so.

Desmond's son is only 10 years old by this time. Which is kind of funny, as Rebecca wondered that if there has ever been an Assassin Sage before, and here comes Desmond's son!
If anything, does William even know that he has a grandson?

they are able to get to ancient egypt probably because of desmond's son gene.