PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate and Unity runs in slowmotion after monitor change

sunejoergensen
01-05-2016, 03:23 PM
I have been running around 40 fps with my 22" Samsung monitor (2 msec, DVI) on my GTX970 in 1680x1050 using newest driver.
Yesterday I got a 27" Samsung monitor (5 msec, HDMI) and wanted to run in 1920x1080.
But both games now run in some kind of super smooth slowmotion still with a 40 fps (ubisoft counter).
Lowering the resolution back to 1680x1050 don't help.
GTA V still runs fast as normally, so hardware seems OK.
Any suggestion ?

YazX_
01-05-2016, 09:59 PM
1. Reinstall Drivers (Perform Clean Install)
2. Delete this file Documents\Assassin's Creed Syndicate\AC.ini

sunejoergensen
01-06-2016, 09:30 AM
1. Reinstall Drivers (Perform Clean Install)
2. Delete this file Documents\Assassin's Creed Syndicate\AC.ini

Thanks for reply, and I'm sure it would help.

But when I came home from work Yesterday I just open NVidia Control Panel and verified settings and then for unknown reasons, everything worked fine again also in 1920x1080.

Searching internet it seem to be an old known problem also with previous AC games, Watch Dogs and Far Cry, so this indicate a bug in UBISoft render machine maybe in relation to the NVidia driver, that could be triggered by some hardware/(driver) change. I hope UBISoft will acknowledge this problem and fix this for current/future games.

YazX_
01-06-2016, 10:01 AM
Thanks for reply, and I'm sure it would help.

But when I came home from work Yesterday I just open NVidia Control Panel and verified settings and then for unknown reasons, everything worked fine again also in 1920x1080.

Searching internet it seem to be an old known problem also with previous AC games, Watch Dogs and Far Cry, so this indicate a bug in UBISoft render machine maybe in relation to the NVidia driver, that could be triggered by some hardware/(driver) change. I hope UBISoft will acknowledge this problem and fix this for current/future games.

Glad it worked out for you, sometimes Nvidia drivers or drivers in general get stuck on settings when you change any piece of hardware, yes also monitors with different resolution and refresh rate thats why i suggested to reinstall drivers, the other step is to clean AC:Syndicate config file, there are two steps that i forgot which might help you in future if you encountered such a case is to delete file GFXSettings.xml found at same location as AC.ini and to optimize the game from GEForce experience which will flush settings.

sunejoergensen
01-06-2016, 10:49 AM
Glad it worked out for you, sometimes Nvidia drivers or drivers in general get stuck on settings when you change any piece of hardware, yes also monitors with different resolution and refresh rate thats why i suggested to reinstall drivers, the other step is to clean AC:Syndicate config file, there are two steps that i forgot which might help you in future if you encountered such a case is to delete file GFXSettings.xml found at same location as AC.ini and to optimize the game from GEForce experience which will flush settings.

Thanks again for good advise.

Syndicate could handle the new resolution but Unity could not detect 1920x1080 even if I changed it manually in the AC.ini file.
But as you suggested using the optimal settings in GEForce Experience fixed that problem.

But really UBISoft and NVidia need to fix this issue once and for all...

YazX_
01-06-2016, 10:58 AM
You are very welcome, glad you got it sorted out :)