PDA

View Full Version : Single Player

EddieNES
01-04-2016, 08:42 PM
Will this have a proper single player campaign with cut scenes and all?

The more I look at it, the more it looks like a sandbox game with objectives. Almost FarCry strongholds without the story.

Hope it's not and they learned from that train wreck they call Rainbow Six.

DigitalHitmann
01-04-2016, 09:45 PM
Just curious, what do you consider a proper "single player campaign" so I can maybe address your concern more appropriately? Though compared to say, Blue, im limited in what I know from behind-closed-doors presentations.

SuperBiscotCOT
01-04-2016, 10:14 PM
Just curious, what do you consider a proper "single player campaign" so I can maybe address your concern more appropriately? Though compared to say, Blue, im limited in what I know from behind-closed-doors presentations.

I think he is looking for an answer of a question that was asked alredy few times but never answerd :
Is the Co-op campaign the same as the solo campaign or they are different. Maybe linked but not the same.

Or maybe it was'nt his question :p But it's certainly one of my.

Ghost Sniper33
01-04-2016, 10:37 PM
Is there anything resembling the single player like in ORG where you got to plan your raid/attack before hand - pick whos in what squad, in your "platoon" set waypoints, go codes ect?

UbiKeeba
01-04-2016, 10:45 PM
There is a rich, immersive co-op campaign that can be played alone, offline with 3 AI.

Ghost Sniper33
01-04-2016, 11:06 PM
So no setting up Squads, to hit a raid for 2 or more directions? noone to cover your squad going in or to keep be able to set up an ambush yourself?

Are the AI going to just follow you - not find cover and not be able to run based on a pre set plan(and move based on fire ect?)

when they Die are they going to magically appear after a mission?

briangade
01-04-2016, 11:27 PM
There is a rich, immersive co-op campaign that can be played alone, offline with 3 AI.

That sound really great,and very PR.
I guess OP's fear,and to a certain extend my own is that this will be pure coop and the singleplayer will be the tacked on redheaded stepchild.

If the game turns out to be only worth playing coop that'll be fair and all,but it would be nice to know in advance,so one can wait 2 weeks before buying, until basic patching and fixing of online problems have been done.

ES-Ulukai
01-04-2016, 11:58 PM
More will be say in due time, for the IA following you we gave our feedback to the devs and they have the last word but don't forget the game is still WIP so things can change till release and that's why they don't talk about some things.

So they don't get "You said that would be like that and now it's not" like this there's no surprise and what they release to us as information it's what's in the game.

EddieNES
01-05-2016, 12:22 AM

Levels. That after played, you can select after to try to beat on harder difficulties. (Like old GR games)

Cut scenes before, mid, and after levels.

8-12 hr campaign

And as always, a remastered Nowhere map. This in nonnegotiable. lol.

Just traditional single player components.

So single player is the same game as co-op, just with attached AI partners.

Lolssi
01-05-2016, 01:38 PM
Gonna make *** out of myself by assuming here now.
I'd assume there would be some cutscenes after certaing objectives/triggers.
No levels just one big one. BUT better than choosing from two insertion points you can attack from pretty much any direction or directions. However if you can't divide and give commands to AI it is pretty much pointless.

SuperBiscotCOT
01-05-2016, 06:11 PM
So single player is the same game as co-op, just with attached AI partners.

This is my question ( that EddieNES better explained than me :p )

And I will wait for an answer even if it takes months ;)

ES-Ulukai
01-05-2016, 10:06 PM
The single player campaign offers you to play 2 differents ways, the E3 show the most fun by playing with friends in coop.

If you want to play alone then your friends are replaced by 3 AI.

It has been said since the biggenning guys, still there's thing that the community workshop group don't know about the game and others features. The game is still work in progress and we were there only for 2 days.

UbiKeeba
01-05-2016, 10:24 PM
No matter what, you'll always have a 4 Ghost unit. If you're playing solo, you'll have 3 AIs, with one buddy 2 AIs, etc.

Ghost Sniper33
01-05-2016, 11:01 PM
So no chance of a 2nd squad anywhere? Or just not one that you can control/Give orders too?

R0CKY
01-05-2016, 11:04 PM
As Ulukai said, the co-op experience was talked about at the Paris Ubisoft workshops.

Personally, I played way more co-op Ghost Recon, casually and competitively, than adversarial, so this was the focus of my feedback to the devs- Ghost Recon is tactics and strategy, and that does not work with dum AI you cannot give instructions to.

What the devs take from that and implement who knows, but I will be devastated if we cannot at the very least have the same feature set as the original Ghost Recon ie

- Rules of Engagement (hold/react only/engage every mofo in sight)
- Set paths (using map overlay as in Ghost Recon, or point and click on landscape as in GRAW)
- Soul switching. For the love of tactical gaming, do not end the mission if Ghost Lead dies (like in GRAW).

I'm fairly sure I got that across in Paris, Ulukai and BlueFox can verify, so I have fingers crossed this makes it into the final game.

EddieNES
01-05-2016, 11:56 PM
Did you catch any cut scenes while there? Or was it just a voiceover explaining the situation and objective?

Also, after a mission was complete, cut scene?

ES-Ulukai
01-06-2016, 01:01 AM
I confirm that Rocky talked about the features from GR1 about IA and tactical map and I said something like "Alleluia brothers and sisters praise the lord to that" well didn't said it, was more in my head but I sais "I agreed with that 100%" :D

My group we just did ramdoms mission and discover the map and gameplay, we didn't do the main missions and I don't think they were in the alpha we played and better that way don't want to get story spoil before release.

No cutscene maybe on purpose for this version, it was more on discovering the game. Can't about other stuff for this matter right now sorry.

SuperBiscotCOT
01-06-2016, 09:13 PM
"I agreed with that 100%" :D

I also agree with that 200% ;)

DigitalHitmann
01-06-2016, 09:14 PM
Ill squeal like a little child if the platoon feature and ROE come back, not going to lie.

Lolssi
01-07-2016, 01:05 PM
Ill squeal like a little child if the platoon feature and ROE come back, not going to lie.Indeed :D