PDA

View Full Version : Question About Syndicate Enemies

DeadlyTowersSux
01-04-2016, 11:18 AM
Okay, question about the AC: Syndicate enemies. Well, more like a couple of questions:

1. Do the Syndicate enemies try to shoot you within melee range like the cheap-*** enemies in Unity, or do they actually use their melee attacks when in range?

2. Do any of the enemies attempt to grab your character from behind like in many previous games? Please say no for this one; that was SO annoying!

MikeFNY
01-04-2016, 01:53 PM
1. If you mean the range, snipers are more lenient, I remember when I was facing one of them at a relatively short distance and she just stood there, waiting for me to kill her

2. Not that I am aware of

cawatrooper9
01-04-2016, 05:25 PM
1. Depends on what you mean. A "sniper" might shoot you from five feet away or so, but they tend to focus more on melee when they're closer. It's really worth noting though that all ranged attacks are significantly less overpowered than in Unity due to the introduction of a prompted "dodge" button that happens a second or so before every shot, making it much easier to avoid being hit (and it's much more effective and less interrupting than the dodge roll in Unity).

2. I don't think this happens at all. Enemy attacks are pretty straight forward, actually. It is really satisfying to push them off a train or boat, though.

DeadlyTowersSux
01-07-2016, 04:08 AM
1. Depends on what you mean. A "sniper" might shoot you from five feet away or so, but they tend to focus more on melee when they're closer. It's really worth noting though that all ranged attacks are significantly less overpowered than in Unity due to the introduction of a prompted "dodge" button that happens a second or so before every shot, making it much easier to avoid being hit (and it's much more effective and less interrupting than the dodge roll in Unity).

2. I don't think this happens at all. Enemy attacks are pretty straight forward, actually. It is really satisfying to push them off a train or boat, though.

Good. And I agree; it is pretty enjoyable to knock them off of moving vehicles, especially with the satisfying splash of knocking them off of their own barges! Also good about the grabs in previous games apparently not being in here. It was so annoying in previous games when you were grabbed, especially in Brotherhood, where the Borgia grabbed Ezio almost every chance they got. UGH!