PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Syndicate CO-OP

TFX_WiredFox
01-03-2016, 05:43 PM
Ubisoft should make assassin's creed syndicate a co-op game, it has great potential having a female and male character. Completing missions with a friend is much more exciting and adventurous then standing in-front of an NPC while he is just standing there, staring deep into your soul having the lust for another online character to join he's world to create more peace :rolleyes: Just creating this thread to get my point across that they can evan make a major update to all platforms, i'm sure it will higher the sales, payers of the game pushing there friends to play with them.

PandaPuff86
01-03-2016, 11:14 PM
Co-op had its chance in Unity and failed very miserably. I'm still hoping for real competitive gameplay to return, like you know...MULTIPLAYER?

Where is multiplayer ubi? That was the way the game that players always come back to play for any past game. Not to mention, keeping the game interesting as well. I made a lot of friends in MP and its wrong to take away the one game that keeps us connected and have fun.

Just bring it back.

cawatrooper9
01-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Co-op had its chance in Unity and failed very miserably. I'm still hoping for real competitive gameplay to return, like you know...MULTIPLAYER?

Where is multiplayer ubi? That was the way the game that players always come back to play for any past game. Not to mention, keeping the game interesting as well. I made a lot of friends in MP and its wrong to take away the one game that keeps us connected and have fun.

Just bring it back.

Multiplayer was okay- I liked how it echoed the campus game Assassin. But honestly, I preferred co-op.

But honestly, I think both are a waste of time and resources. AC should first be the best single-player game that it can be. Then, and only then, should any multiplayer- competitive or otherwise- be considered.

jellejackhammer
01-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Multiplayer was okay- I liked how it echoed the campus game Assassin. But honestly, I preferred co-op.

But honestly, I think both are a waste of time and resources. AC should first be the best single-player game that it can be. Then, and only then, should any multiplayer- competitive or otherwise- be considered.

PREACH! way to many games have suffered because they chose the multiplayer route.
besides since when have people come to expect the best multiplayer ever from a ac game? i was on a board the other day that inlcuded fan ideas for ac future and this one idea that someone had struck me in my heart.it said:ac should leave singleplayer alone and make the whole franshise into a online only world where we get to meet and chat with other assassin's and templars.you get to progress via coop missions without the ability for doing them solo because that would ruin the concept of ac.

i can not believe that people actually came up with that!
this would destroy ac for me.
do these people not get the concept of this franshise? ugh

cjdavies
01-04-2016, 06:12 PM
Np to CO-OP, I will not be playing it for Unity (just started the game), I wish the MP was back like before, I enjoyed that.

phoenix-force411
01-04-2016, 07:08 PM
Multiplayer was okay, but the formula became repetitive and by Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, experienced players and returning players already knew how to exploit and avoid most abilities rendering a lot of core mechanics useless. I didn't really see the Multiplayer going for that long, anyways, and it reaches low activity after 9 months after the release of the game.

I liked Co-Op, and Co-Op would have been more successful if there were "more" Co-Op missions and a mission creator. All of that hype and talk about Co-Op, but only a handful to play? Great job, Ubisoft. Instead of giving us crappy DLC weapons, you should have provided the players Co-Op DLC missions for more replay value.

As for a Syndicate Co-Op, I don't think it should have one. Why? The game just isn't built around it like Unity was. The customization is a serious downgrade from Unity, the parkour is definitely the worst in the series thanks to Ubisoft keeping on the safeties(I would have loved a copy & paste of Unity's parkour mechanics instead), and the missions just aren't built around Co-Op.

BananaBlighter
01-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Multiplayer was okay, but the formula became repetitive and by Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, experienced players and returning players already knew how to exploit and avoid most abilities rendering a lot of core mechanics useless. I didn't really see the Multiplayer going for that long, anyways, and it reaches low activity after 9 months after the release of the game.

I liked Co-Op, and Co-Op would have been more successful if there were "more" Co-Op missions and a mission creator. All of that hype and talk about Co-Op, but only a handful to play? Great job, Ubisoft. Instead of giving us crappy DLC weapons, you should have provided the players Co-Op DLC missions for more replay value.

As for a Syndicate Co-Op, I don't think it should have one. Why? The game just isn't built around it like Unity was. The customization is a serious downgrade from Unity, the parkour is definitely the worst in the series thanks to Ubisoft keeping on the safeties(I would have loved a copy & paste of Unity's parkour mechanics instead), and the missions just aren't built around Co-Op.

I disagree and think that at it's core, the concept of Victorian London, suited coop really well.

I agree that parkour feels like a downgrade from Unity mechanically (vaulting is automatic, you no longer control the jump, but instead lunge forward automatically while running, or even worse, can't jump at all) though I don't see what that has to do with coop.

Syndicate's missions may not be built around coop, but I see this too as irrelevant since even Unity had a completely different set of missions for coop, and in a coop expansion I assume these would be introduced too.

However I get your point about the lack of customization and feel that it is the one thing that Unity really beat Syndicate at. If they did do an expansion I would hope that this would be improved upon, though it might not exactly work if you take away everyone's gear and replace it with new stuff.

I think London would be great to explore with friends, especially with the carriages and all. I actually hope for a Syndicate expansion next year, give us a bit of a rest from full games for a bit. I don't want to say goodbye to London yet but feel it still has potential. Several things in Syndicate could take serious improvement. An expansion could develop the Rooks mechanics, add interiors and underground areas to the map, including the London Underground and Knights Templar sites, and add a mega multiplayer pack, with coop, competitive multiplayer, splitscreen, and map building. Of course we'd have to get some more story and single-player content along with this.

If developing multiplayer however, is going to detract from the singleplayer experience, then NO, but I feel that in the form of an expansion, simply developing a few aspects from the game and trying to attract more customers with the idea of multiplayer, isn't such a bad thing.

Pandassin
01-04-2016, 09:50 PM
I don't really care about multiplayer, but basic 2 player co-op between with Jacob and Evie would be nice. I just find it a shame that you can't explore London with the other twin too, so I guess co-op is one way of letting that happen.

cawatrooper9
01-04-2016, 09:57 PM
I don't really care about multiplayer, but basic 2 player co-op between with Jacob and Evie would be nice. I just find it a shame that you can't explore London with the other twin too, so I guess co-op is one way of letting that happen.

Even outside of co-op (which I admit would've made sense with this game, given the dual protagonists), I was actually kind of disappointed that the twin you weren't playing as usually just sat on the train until you switched to them. The world would have felt a whole lot more alive if you could spot them walking the streets with the Rooks, a la GTA V, and even use them/fight with them in some missions.

x_NOIR_x
11-09-2017, 11:19 PM
PLEASE MAKE THESE open world games CO-OP!!!!

Daiyus
11-10-2017, 09:28 AM
I'm very much in the "meh" camp. I never touched multiplayer in any AC game; it's not what I play AC for. Too many franchises have branched into having multiplayer elements and nine times out of ten it either detracts from the singleplayer or is received so poorly it doesn't maintain a user base and thus is pretty pointless anyway. Co-op can be great fun but I've never had that desire in AC. Even when it was in Unity I just didn't want to do it; maybe it's because to me co-op is sitting on a sofa with a mate and a beer with split-screen...