PDA

View Full Version : uplay and probably foreign keyboard layouts

itrepmal
01-03-2016, 08:23 AM
So heres my issue: i recently tried to log into my uplay-account after a long time, i didnt remember the last password i set so i reset it. the new password contained a hashtag. when i tried logging into uplay, it said the password/username was incorrect. with my browser i could log into every ubisoft-page i found. i nearly started shouting at my PC until i realized that you simply have stupid programmers who make mistakes at redoing everything from scratch when its unlikely they have to.
the hashtag-key, on my keyboard (german) is directly next to the enter-key. i edited my password to one without special characters and now it works.
you really should not depend on a specific layout to accept the login-input with your client. or at least show the last letter you typed so you can notice whats going wrong. because what you did here is an amateurish oversight that supports insecure passwords.

Black_Widow9
01-03-2016, 08:16 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums,

If you're having trouble with your password please make sure to follow these steps to change it.
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/29/50003/how-do-i-change-my-uplay-account-password/kA030000000ePffCAE

Thanks