PDA

View Full Version : Is AC Unity OK to buy now?

mat1995ps
01-02-2016, 07:09 AM
Hi

I really like AC games and i´ve wanted to buy AC Unity but i´ve heard that the game has a lot of issues

Is the game patched enough and Ok to buy now?

Is the framerate OK?

I just wanted to know if the overall experience is playable(and if the game is worth buying,some people say that this is the worst AC)

I´m fine with the framerate dipping sometimes but if the overall experience consists of low(and consistent low) framerates everywhere i don´t have interest buying this

Please let me know the state of the game

PS4 version

Thanks

VernalBreak
01-02-2016, 07:16 AM
I play unity on the xbox one which I hear works almost the same as ps4. On xbox one I found as many if not less glitches than almost all other ac games. I have had crazy glitches in tons of other games I play but not in unity.

MikeFNY
01-02-2016, 09:00 AM
I just wanted to know if the overall experience is playable(and if the game is worth buying,some people say that this is the worst AC)
With AC the best advice you can get is to be your own judge.

To answer your question, this is a great time to go for Unity since all patches have been released. It may not have the best story and main character but Paris is lovely, albeit crowded and the missions are breathtaking, if you approach them the right way.

Last week I revisited the "Hôpital de la Salpêtrière" mission, coop, in private, with two optional objectives I set on myself, "Do not be detected" and "Kill every guard you see". It took me 40 minutes to complete the mission and the feeling at the end of the mission is great :)

So I strongly recommend it.

Maybe you will not enjoy the story but if you take the coop missions one by one - in private - with such optional objectives where you have to analyse each and every guard, his movements, where you cannot afford to make a mistake else you will be surrounded by 5-10 guards, believe me, it will be huge fun.

m4r-k7
01-02-2016, 11:57 AM
Its okay in terms of bugs and glitches as most of them have been sorted out. The problem with the game IMO lies with the mechanics and the feel of the game. For me on PS4 (I was trying to platinum it the other day) and its framerate is sub 30 most of the time. For instance, walking on the streets I notice the framerate going up and down - its much better than it was when the game came out but if you compare it to Syndicates more steady framerate you will probably not like it. But from a gameplay and story standpoint, whilst I didn't get on with it, you might :D

eyanvenom
01-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Yup. I can actually connect to people now, unlike months ago. I haven't run into any bugs

MikeFNY
01-02-2016, 07:34 PM
Go for it mate, you will not regret it, especially if you're after a challenge.

Try to complete the Heist missions in private, without being detected, where you have to plan every single move or else one mistake means that your reward will go down.

The feeling after you complete the mission and get the maximum reward is gratifying :)

SixKeys
01-02-2016, 08:23 PM
Its okay in terms of bugs and glitches as most of them have been sorted out. The problem with the game IMO lies with the mechanics and the feel of the game. For me on PS4 (I was trying to platinum it the other day) and its framerate is sub 30 most of the time. For instance, walking on the streets I notice the framerate going up and down - its much better than it was.

What? You didn't appreciate the cinematic aesthetic of 30 fps? :rolleyes:

Arashigake
01-02-2016, 09:36 PM
I was eager to play next gen AC and played UNITY from day one.
However despite some minor graphical glitches and sound/animation glitches, i never faced any serious gamebreaking issue.
On the contrary with Victorian Syndicate, my character was blocked and fused with the ground twice, forcing me to restart.
I dont know, maybe its platform based, but as long as PS4 is confirmed, Unity is perfectly playable, much more than Victory is now.
Its forgettable though,the last decent AC game was Rogue...

Megas_Doux
01-03-2016, 04:11 AM
I was eager to play next gen AC and played UNITY from day one.
However despite some minor graphical glitches and sound/animation glitches, i never faced any serious gamebreaking issue.
On the contrary with Victorian Syndicate, my character was blocked and fused with the ground twice, forcing me to restart.
I dont know, maybe its platform based, but as long as PS4 is confirmed, Unity is perfectly playable, much more than Victory is now.
Its forgettable though,the last decent AC game was Rogue...

Victory, what game is that????? :p

PC player here: With the same machine in which I've always been able to play Syndicate on 60 fps with ease- even on day one- I struggle to maintain Unity in the 40's. I didn't experience the "Great Terror" many went through with Unity, but so far I can say Syndicate is way more polished -performance wise- Unity ever was......

bucknut2006
01-03-2016, 05:38 AM
Have it for the PS4 myself. Started playing just before Christmas and beat the main story today. The framerate is bad at times, but nothing that prevented me from completing a mission. Overall, it seemed a little shallow compared to Black Flag, but also has updated elements that make it unique. Would rate it 7/10 and worth the $19 I got it for.

SectionHades
01-04-2016, 12:39 AM
I enjoy it, not many bugs around, decent fps and I love the co-op missions.

cawatrooper9
01-04-2016, 04:09 PM
I just played through it this weekend, and it's been a far more enjoyable experience than it was when it first came out. It's far smoother, and things aren't locked behind social competitions or whatever anymore.

There are a lot of things that I can really appreciate about the game now, especially the insane customization that's available. That being said, though, it's still not the best game in the franchise. The story is weak, and the gameplay, while different, gets stale pretty quickly (oh man, I really hate the combat). But it's pretty cheap now, so I'd go for it if I were you.

jellejackhammer
01-04-2016, 04:32 PM
i would say yes. but do not expect the level of joi you get from syndicate though.
unity has slightly better graphics (i think) but storywise fails to deliver.
if you are intrested in MD then the only thing that might give you your fix is the helix glitches that gives you assassin intel.
it can get hectic when doing side content because there is alot of it (almost to much)
however not all is bad anymore.
bugs have been fixed.
no restrictions to unlock stuff.
and ofcourse you can play coop missions solo aswell.
give it a try and feel out the game first.don't make play time plans just yet though.

phoenix-force411
01-04-2016, 06:58 PM
I believe it was Unity Patch 1.03 that capped the framerate at 30. I've played Unity unpatched and at patch 1.02, and the game had moments where it would reach a higher framerate--even 60fps for brief moments on consoles, but the framerate has been capped. There are specific areas in Unity where the framerate will drop and stay around 20-25fps due to all of the interiors and massive crowds in the general surrounding area or district.

BATISTABUS
01-04-2016, 11:30 PM
I just picked up Unity for $13 at Gamestop to play on my brother's PS4 over break. I'm maybe 1/4 into the game at this point, and I haven't had anything that stood out in terms of bugs. The game looks and feels great.