PDA

View Full Version : Blazes Seasonal Multiplayer Custom Track Verdict and Video Review

TheBlazeJp
12-31-2015, 11:38 PM
As I Understand It, Custom made MP tracks seem to be added every season and from what I can tell I believe some are also removed

Every Season I am going to make a Video 3-4 weeks into the season

Tonight this Post will only include the Text Body of my Season Review as I'm with Family Celebrating New Years
Tommorow I will make a Video review to accompany the text below :) and Post it here.

I also want to mention we definitely need to have the changes listed every season here on the forums,
I feel this is very Important otherwise its not fair to players to play tracks blind and risk loosing 100s of points in 1 or 2 games which took days of work to get
I briefly talked with DJ twitchy about this on his stream Yesterday and he agreed it would be an easy and beneficial thing to do for all players.

For example in this sort of format each month:

Added:
Candyland XSX
X Cross Event

Removed:
Track 1
Track 2 Etc

Right onto the Review of the custom tracks from the past season:
I have had the liberty of playing these tracks alot in the past 2 days and will state my opinions of each track and whether in my opinions of a Verdict:
Being a Gem, a Keep , on the fence or a not Keep.

Season #1 December/January

1. Candy Land XSX
This track Is actually a really good line, Very colourful and vibrant.
There is no issue with any part of the driving line and features and nice timesaver slide in the middle of the track, Quite a short track but a very nice one all the same.
I give this Track a 8/10
Verdict: Keep

2.HW4 Eismitte
Where do I begin with this track?
Its 50+ seconds long so straight away gets a point in the bank for me. Its a very technical track, like neosphere or warehouse88 its a very skill based technical driving line,
Its great. Has some sick timesavers and the line overall just seems very smooth, For me probably the best track of this season.
Verdict: 10/10 Gem, (Track has to be a Keeper)

3. XSX Sandstorm
Well from what I think is the best track to unfortunately what I feel is by far the worst this month. The driving line on this track is ok but thats about it with this one.
I have to be a critic here and say my mind. The visibility or I should say the reduced visibility is a big No No on any track, especially a track that has a technical line. There a multiple places on this driving line where you can catch yourself, the track doesn't remain flat so in otherwords the track has divets and gaps in sections of obstacles in a few key parts that you can catch yourself and because of the bad visibility these are hard to see. Bad visibility + Technical driving line is just a recipe for bad things to happen. The visibilty on this track is really really bad and especially for players who haven't played the track before this is a no brainer to remove. Even when you know the driving line its still a big pain to be able to see what your doing.
Verdict: 2/10, Not Keep

4.XSX Event
This track is not that bad but there isn't really much to it, Its not a bad driving line but its also not a great one. When I was talking to twitchy yesterday he mentioned how you can basically hold gas and get a decent time on this track because of its basic nature. For the most part this is true, but there is one section of the track which will always decide the outcome of the race when a race has a bunch of good players. It's the section where there is about 4 bumps and you have to let go of gas at the peak of the first one to hit the 4th one and allow you to smoothly transverse to the next part of the line. For the rest of the track its so basic that you can simply hold down gas. I feel that alot of the dunes and checkpoints are just far too stretched out with nothing really happening, compare it to a great panda line in multiplayer: Tracks that I would list as 10/10 such as Mad Minute or Murky Marshes and this track really doesn't live up to anywhere near the technicality of other great Panda Tracks. Don't get me wrong the track is OK but its not a great one.
I give it a 5/10
Verdict: On the Fence (Don't mind eitherway)

5.Cold Snap
This Track is a shame because it could of been really good. In something I will highlight in the video I make tomorrow the upper routes are very inconsistent.
The first Jump make you fall into a ramp and then immediately ramp up and try to reach the higher route. It is a very inconsistent transition and more then half the time you wont make it because it seems to stumble you at the bottom of the ramp before ramping back up. Whether this be down to your tire glitching or bobbling or just the way the obstacle is designed with the quick down to up transition, whatever the reason more then half the time you'll find yourself loosing the necessary speed to make it to the upper level even when you do the same thing twice once run it will give it to you and the next two it wont. And it is a very similar situation for the second upper route timesaver.
I will highlight this more in the video tomorrow. It's a shame because it could of been a great track. I would have given it a 8/10 If the upper routes were consistent and smooth in hitting them.
Verdict 4/10, Don't Keep.

6.Rusty Stadium
Pretty good track, Has a nice smooth driving line. A nice mix of speed and technical elements to it. Has a nice series of dunes in the middle that have to be hit perfect to transverse onto the middle platform and ramp perfectly. This part of the track definitely decides heats in lobbies of good players. The only bad thing I have to say about this section is the first dune has to be hit perfect to then hit the rest of it and can sometimes be very unforgiving especially on the roach which has a low engine block. But this can be compensated for by going a little further into the dune but go too far and you wont get the needed boost. It can be hard to always hit that sweet spot and I feel like it could of been made to be a tad more forgiving, because if you miss it it can cost you the heat. Landing a tad after the crest of the hill and just before the next dune starts to ramp up is a very small target area to hit for such a big timesaver. I will highlight this and explain it further in my video tomorrow.
Verdict: 7/10, Keep.

7.Sand and Rust.
Best to use the Viper on this one, And its a really nice short and technical line, Im not so sure im a big fan of the tracks that are so short because there isn't much time to compete at a technical level. But because this line is very techincal like apples and rainbows etc It makes up for it. Honestly a great little track
Verdict:Keep 8/10

8.OTHG Grotts Cove
Picking a best track between this one and eismitte was hard, But I went for the technical phoenix line as Season 1's best. This is also a great track and has a huge timesaver that is so satisfying when you hit it and will kill the rest of the competition dead but is also a very risky one if you get it wrong. Multiple paths are exceptionally designed on this track giving many options for different bike sets. I had an awesome time finding the ideal bike and line for me, which was the panda, I also hit the timesaver on this track that is 1 in 50 to hit the way i did, saved 1.5 seconds. Basically with enough speed the panda can land straight inside the loop at the end and simply go back down instead of having to take the loop up and then back. But you won't see me trying to hit this in multiplayer! haha. Awesome Track.
Verdict: 10/10 Definitely Keep

Seeing as the first season has already ended I will make the video in a couple weeks for this seasons Track Reviews. Like a Mid season Track review.
I cant do it now anyway cus my Mic is broken :|

LIONDEN1
01-01-2016, 01:59 PM
I agree with Blaze about Sand Storm. I thought blind driving lines were a big no no. Nobody seems to like it.

VEGASTRASH
01-02-2016, 01:20 AM
Spot on. The Sandstorm track is one I curse every time. It's pretty simple...if you can't see your line....throw the track out.
I'd like to see some new playlists with new user tracks. There are a ton already cross platformed...xsx, etc.

Oh, to add...the Slow Roast has a horrid beginning and the ramps glitch often. A rough one...especially your first few times through.

Bring back Pipeline...a clean smooth line...haha. Rhythm and Flow was better I thought, but never made it into the mix.

TheBlazeJp
01-02-2016, 11:37 PM
Spot on. The Sandstorm track is one I curse every time. It's pretty simple...if you can't see your line....throw the track out.
I'd like to see some new playlists with new user tracks. There are a ton already cross platformed...xsx, etc.

Oh, to add...the Slow Roast has a horrid beginning and the ramps glitch often. A rough one...especially your first few times through.

Bring back Pipeline...a clean smooth line...haha. Rhythm and Flow was better I thought, but never made it into the mix.

Hey Vegas, Yeah dude! Pipeline was such a good track. Shame that one was removed.

I use Roach/Panda on slow roast I was able to get it very consistent, Havent been screwed over by the first jump yet but iv'e heard others saying they have been

oO-shaolin-Oo
01-05-2016, 10:37 PM
I also want to mention we definitely need to have the changes listed every season here on the forums,
I feel this is very Important otherwise its not fair to players to play tracks blind and risk loosing 100s of points in 1 or 2 games which took days of work to get
I briefly talked with DJ twitchy about this on his stream Yesterday and he agreed it would be an easy and beneficial thing to do for all players.

Thank you so much !!!
I'm really happy to hear that they listen to you.
I was asking for this information since june of last year : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1167454-I-m-not-a-machine
and I asked again for this information last month : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1345282-Community-tracks-list

Thank you also for giving us the trak list of this season. I've lost so many points during the season 1 because I felt on track I've never played.
I may play again thank to you.

oO-shaolin-Oo
01-05-2016, 10:44 PM
I still can't understand why redlynx decided first to keep this information secret.

Stupidiott
02-09-2016, 01:17 PM
3. XSX Sandstorm
Well from what I think is the best track to unfortunately what I feel is by far the worst this month. The driving line on this track is ok but thats about it with this one.
I have to be a critic here and say my mind. The visibility or I should say the reduced visibility is a big No No on any track, especially a track that has a technical line. There a multiple places on this driving line where you can catch yourself, the track doesn't remain flat so in otherwords the track has divets and gaps in sections of obstacles in a few key parts that you can catch yourself and because of the bad visibility these are hard to see. Bad visibility + Technical driving line is just a recipe for bad things to happen. The visibilty on this track is really really bad and especially for players who haven't played the track before this is a no brainer to remove. Even when you know the driving line its still a big pain to be able to see what your doing.
Verdict: 2/10, Not Keep

LMAO Just played this in multiplayer.
Worst track in rotation hands down. HAHA zero visibility.