PDA

View Full Version : (The Division: Angels) Webseries Pilot Finally Online!

Keelan562
12-31-2015, 11:42 AM
The pilot episode for the webseries is finally online! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3KBaf6eRY8

It's unfortunate that our VFX artist wasn't able to get the watches/comms devices to glow (the actual props had LEDs and EL wire in them, but the natural light on-set was too much so the camera couldn't pick up on them). We'll likely re-upload at a later date with the effects in place.

We're getting ready to start a strong pre-production phase for Episode 2, then we'll probably be launching a crowdfunding campaign so we can make the several other webisodes to complete "season one."

Hope you all enjoy it!

Any questions, feel free to ask. :)

(though know that I'm more active on the subreddit, but I'll try to get on here more often)

Redfortunex
01-01-2016, 08:17 AM
I can't wait for more!!! Amazing set up for what looks to be a great series keep up the good work im rooting for ya!!!!

Keelan562
01-01-2016, 09:16 AM
Thanks!

I'm meeting in the next couple of days with the person who's going to be directing the second episode to go over what needs to be taken care of so we can start pre-production of that one as soon as possible. :)

DoctorDivision
01-01-2016, 11:27 AM
Looks great, well done guys!

DigitalHitmann
01-03-2016, 12:40 AM
I loved this. Did a write up on our site about it. If you ever plan on compiling on to DVD or what-not, let me know. I want a copy.

SF_Whisky1968
01-03-2016, 03:18 PM
Very good indeed. Should make for an excellent series Keeland. Can't wait to see the next episode!

Well done!

Celtic Surfer
01-03-2016, 06:57 PM
Hey man! Good stuff. Be sure to keep us updated if/when you decide to launch a Kickstarter or Indigogo or something. I would love to support you guys.

Peace!

Keelan562
01-04-2016, 07:31 AM
Thanks, everyone! Especially you, DigitalHitmann! I sent the link to the short article to all the people involved; we all got a kick out of it. :)

We're looking to do the next episode on our own within the next few months, so I'll definitely post when we do that. once that is finished, that's when we're going to sit down and talk what we need to finish up the rest of the episodes; we already know it's going to cost a ton, but we're going to see where we can cut cost in a way that doesn't lessen the quality of things.

And Hitmann, we're definitely thinking should we do the whole season, it'll come out as a DVD where it's all edited together to seem like it's one long episode (mini-movie?). The pilot would just be the cold open scene. ;)

Very glad you all are enjoying it, and thank you to those of you giving some constructive feedback over in the subreddit! There are already some changes being made to how we plan to film and edit the second episode based on what we've heard.

xMiiSTY
01-04-2016, 05:12 PM
That was great! Thank you for sharing this with us. :)

DigitalHitmann
01-05-2016, 05:00 AM
I would be down with either segmented chapters or a complete movie. Just let me know how much it is when it's done, and how to grab a couple copies. Ill give some away on the site. It'll be a fun time.

IKreetaKI
01-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Nice job guys! I can't wait to see the next episode :O

Scottgun00
01-08-2016, 07:02 PM
Whose house did you trash for this, or is it like that all the time anyway? :D

Seriously, good job. Maybe cut back on the swelling organ at around 3:00, it kinda upstages what's going on on camera.

Natchai_Ubisoft
01-11-2016, 01:17 PM
Really good job, I was surprised when I found out the girl in the closet was deaf, nice touch!

AT-CasseyUndt
01-11-2016, 09:21 PM
nice job ! when FX done try contest for short movie prize.

AimOnTargets
01-12-2016, 06:36 PM
Amazing :) subscribed :)

Nic727
01-12-2016, 08:23 PM
Good job!

Keelan562
01-14-2016, 05:24 AM
Thanks, everyone! Glad for the warm reception!

Wait until Episode 2. That's when things start to get REALLY fun. ;D

DBDAVE
01-19-2016, 02:03 PM
So good Keelan and crew! Well done. Can not wait for more episodes!

Keelan562
02-22-2016, 07:31 AM
Filming episode 2 in one month! Super excited to dive back into the world of the West Coast Agents! ;D

Thanks for the continued support, everyone. Can't tell you how much it's appreciated.

Duffried
02-22-2016, 03:35 PM
My honest opinion: The props looked like toys, the acting wasn't helped by a bad script and the cinematography (shot choice, camera angles) was diabolical.

Can I do better? No and that's why I didn't make a fan movie/episodic.