PDA

View Full Version : cant find upgrades AC 4 black flag...

Holmindeboks
12-28-2015, 11:03 PM
the game says now for some time that i have 8 upgrades in captains cabin but i cant find it, i cant upgrade the ship becouse i havent found the elite chests.
is it a bug or?

thnx in advance

Black_Widow9
12-28-2015, 11:40 PM
Hello,

You can't find the Captain's Cabin or the upgrades? You can also upgrade your ship at Harbourmaster locations but if the Harbourmaster tells you that he only deals with Captains, then you haven't progressed far enough to upgrade.

Some of the Elite upgrades are in chests and others can be purchased with a specific amount of resources in the upgrade menu.

Please let us know if you need more help. ;)

Holmindeboks
12-29-2015, 12:14 AM
Hello,

You can't find the Captain's Cabin or the upgrades? You can also upgrade your ship at Harbourmaster locations but if the Harbourmaster tells you that he only deals with Captains, then you haven't progressed far enough to upgrade.

Some of the Elite upgrades are in chests and others can be purchased with a specific amount of resources in the upgrade menu.

Please let us know if you need more help. ;)

thnx for answer so fast :D!! i am now at 59% completion and just unlocked provincia isle. but the elite upgrades are all red i only got firetons upgrade

YazX_
12-29-2015, 09:48 AM
thnx for answer so fast :D!! i am now at 59% completion and just unlocked provincia isle. but the elite upgrades are all red i only got firetons upgrade

You need to find the blueprints first to be able to use Elite upgrades, most of these blueprints are located in hidden chests that can be found using treasure maps, so you need to start digging chests using treasure maps you have to get the exact location, AC4 has a mobile app that also works well on tablets, its easier to open the app and view the map on it while navigating to the designated location by that map on your PC.

Holmindeboks
12-29-2015, 10:59 PM
You need to find the blueprints first to be able to use Elite upgrades, most of these blueprints are located in hidden chests that can be found using treasure maps, so you need to start digging chests using treasure maps you have to get the exact location, AC4 has a mobile app that also works well on tablets, its easier to open the app and view the map on it while navigating to the designated location by that map on your PC.

today i did nearly all underwater zones and i have now 3 upgrades left. 2 chests i cant reach so far.

and another question... do my progress get uploaded to somewere? becouse its a nice story line (for 1 time only) (for me) but its hard sometimes and i dont want to do all over again.
or where can i upload my progress too? i made many copys of my savegames but i want a backup on internet or in my account. and if its in cloud is it there for always or....
can i pls have some info about it? :D
there was a nice deal on uplay and i bought brotherhood, rogue and unity and black flag season pass :P so i have no time to play black flag again :D

YazX_
12-30-2015, 12:52 AM
today i did nearly all underwater zones and i have now 3 upgrades left. 2 chests i cant reach so far.

and another question... do my progress get uploaded to somewere? becouse its a nice story line (for 1 time only) (for me) but its hard sometimes and i dont want to do all over again.
or where can i upload my progress too? i made many copys of my savegames but i want a backup on internet or in my account. and if its in cloud is it there for always or....
can i pls have some info about it? :D
there was a nice deal on uplay and i bought brotherhood, rogue and unity and black flag season pass :P so i have no time to play black flag again :D

if you are having problems to get the rest of blueprints and chests then i would suggest to watch YT walkthroughs as its the easiest way to explain.

Regarding progress, keep taking manual backups from AC4 saves as the game doesn't support Cloud saves, thus if you lost your progress due to any reason they are gone for good and cannot be restored.

And as a personal advise take manual backups from all games you play as you will never know what happens, you might get corrupted save due to any reason and this save is synced and uploaded to cloud, so in this case you have lost all of your progress. not talking about this game or Ubisoft games especially but for all games in general.

However, perhaps this could help you to automate the process for Ubisoft Games:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/889167-Ultimate-Saves-Backup-Restore-Tool-for-All-Ubisoft-Games

Holmindeboks
12-30-2015, 12:37 PM
yes i know youtube, and also searched on google for treasures but then someone said it ruines the game fun if you know where everything is so i exit the webpage :D

and for saves its shocking to read if they get lost or corrupted but i have read it before on this forum of ppl that got corrupted files.

i have had the same with call of duty world at war, the save was lost and had to do all over again so after every hour or something i made a save. not normal.
the save for highest rang without prestige so i can always switch back :D

Frag_Maniac
12-31-2015, 07:38 AM
Well, honestly, if you're talking about just a couple Elite upgrades via treasure chests and have been using the coordinate method of finding them, you only need look at the treasure location carefully, as it will be narrowed down considerably as to it's specific location.