PDA

View Full Version : Add games purchased on uplay to steam library

Recognizex
12-28-2015, 08:52 AM
If there was a way to import our uplay games to steam, that would be nice. Like giving us a steam CD key when we purchase the game on uplay, or some other way of adding the game to our steam library.

Right now, you can only link your steam and uplay account if you purchase a uplay game THROUGH steam. But even then, if you bought a game on uplay, you can't import it into steam other than just doing it manually, and you won't get steam achievements and your friends won't be able to see you playing the game. Kind of lame.

It would be nice to be able to do this so I could have all my games in one library.

Alljackedsam
01-02-2016, 03:35 AM
The opposite should also be the case. My entire Uplay library was purchased on Steam, and if I try to launch a game through Uplay, it launches steam, then launches Uplay again. Why the extra steps?

EA handles this perfectly, allowing licenses of the game to exist on Steam and Origin separately. That way, you can launch from either platform, rather than being dependent on both.

Obviously, Ubi wouldn't want to hand out dual licenses for every game from here on out, but they could limit this to games already owned, and have games in the future license under either Steamworks OR Uplay as separate platforms.