PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted save (?) any way to restart a mission without getting into the game?

hmcindie
12-28-2015, 02:05 AM
So my game crashed at sequence 9 (last missions yay!) during a cutscene. Going back into the game and choosing continue gets me in a permanent limbo. Evie just stands there and nothing happens. Can't press esc, can't get into menu or anything.

Problem is...the only way to restart a mission is from FIRST continuing the game, and then going into the menu and choosing it. But I can't get into the menu. I can get the first menu where I can choose continue, but that menu doesn't have a progress list. Oh my lord.

Sooo... what do people do in situations like this? I DO NOT want to start over after being so close to the end. I had cloud saves on but it apparantly managed to upload the saves with the wonky stuck mission to the cloud so there goes my backup.

HEEEEELP?!

UbiSmarmy
12-28-2015, 02:09 AM
So my game crashed at sequence 9 (last missions yay!) during a cutscene. Going back into the game and choosing continue gets me in a permanent limbo. Evie just stands there and nothing happens. Can't press esc, can't get into menu or anything.

Problem is...the only way to restart a mission is from FIRST continuing the game, and then going into the menu and choosing it. But I can't get into the menu. I can get the first menu where I can choose continue, but that menu doesn't have a progress list. Oh my lord.

Sooo... what do people do in situations like this? I DO NOT want to start over after being so close to the end. I had cloud saves on but it apparantly managed to upload the saves with the wonky stuck mission to the cloud so there goes my backup.

HEEEEELP?!

Welcome to the family hmcindie!

My first suggestion would be to contact Ubisoft Support (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/index) and they may be able to help you with your corrupted save.

Secondly to prevent this in the future you can disable cloud sync (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/60/3888/how-do-i-disable-cloud-sync/kA030000000eT7PCAU) for your saves, and there are programs out there that can help you manage your saved games on your computer.

Hopefully this helps you out.