PDA

View Full Version : ETA on the Streets of London Pack?

Bipolar Matt
12-27-2015, 06:02 PM
Is there a release date for the pack yet?

All of the DLC content in this should include the following:

Missions:
Runaway Train
A Long Night Out on the Town
Darwin’s Orchid (Darwin and ****ens)
Our Mutual Friend (Darwin and ****ens)
An Artful Plan (Darwin and ****ens)

Outfits:
Huntsman's outfit (aka The Baker Street outfit)
Suave outfit for Jacob
Nighthawk outfit for Evie

Gear:
Iron Belt
Suave Belt
Out Of The Blue Cloak
Crimson Wing Cloak

Cane-Swords:
Ocean Cane-Sword
Copper Hammer Cane-Sword

Knuckles:
Dirty Knuckles
Angel's Knuckles
Pirate Knuckles

Kukri:
Ceremonial Kukri
Golden Kukri
Ram's Kukri

Firearms:
Demonic Revolver
Stealth Revolver

Assassins Gauntlets:
Redback Gauntlet
Industrial Gauntlet
Royal Gauntlet

Kulurak_CZ
12-27-2015, 06:08 PM
Huntsman's outfit (aka The Baker Street outfit) is Gold Edition exclusive and A Long Night Out on the Town mission is season pass exclusive, so they won't be incluided.

Bipolar Matt
12-27-2015, 06:26 PM
I've never heard of an AC game having "edition" exclusive content after the round-up DLC package. It's exclusive for now, doubt it will be once the pack is released. If it is that will be a first.

NAVID4ASSASSIN
12-27-2015, 08:37 PM
All of the content mentioned in the op should be included in the pack except A long night mission because that is season pass only, u can expect them releasing this pack sometime before those 10 new missions that will be the last bit of dlc around january , so i thin release date in surely in january (maybe before 15th)

Black_Widow9
12-27-2015, 08:52 PM
Hello,

As soon as we have a confirmed date we'll let you know so keep an eye out. ;)

jayottsel
01-12-2016, 10:02 AM
Any updates on the release date yet? :)

Bipolar Matt
01-12-2016, 05:34 PM
Any updates on the release date yet? :)

Jack the Ripper was released a month ago already. I'd think we'd be about due soon. The timing is pretty consistent with previous pre-order DLC wrap up packs too.

Next 2 weeks hopefully.

jayottsel
01-13-2016, 04:37 PM
Nice hope so, im looking forward to more outfits and gear!

Bipolar Matt
01-22-2016, 04:23 AM
It was released today. It evidently includes everything listed about, including the Huntsman's Outfit, with the only exception being the Long Night On the Town Mission. Apparently they did keep that a Season Pass exclusive.

SixKeys
01-22-2016, 04:32 AM
It was released today. It evidently includes everything listed about, including the Huntsman's Outfit, with the only exception being the Long Night On the Town Mission. Apparently they did keep that a Season Pass exclusive.

No big loss, that mission is one of the worst in the entire game.

D.I.D.
01-22-2016, 01:02 PM
No big loss, that mission is one of the worst in the entire game.

This is pretty much a list of the worst missions in the game

Missions:
Runaway Train

Runaway Train takes the cake. Not only is it terrible, but... that's not how a steam train works, Ubisoft. It can't cough fireballs.

M.ellith.
01-22-2016, 02:17 PM
This is pretty much a list of the worst missions in the game
Runaway Train

Yeah, most of them are worse than the London Stories in base game, but they aren't that bad. I like this mini stories. Hope "Last Maharaja" DLC will be good. I'd prefer to see some kind of AC2 / ACB Tombs in DLC tho. I miss them so much.

Runaway Train takes the cake. Not only is it terrible, but... that's not how a steam train works, Ubisoft. It can't cough fireballs.

Agree. Just finished it. Terrible. The worst mission in Syndicate.

MikeFNY
01-22-2016, 02:30 PM
I'd prefer to see some kind of AC2 / ACB Tombs in DLC tho. I miss them so much.
Yeah, why were those epic missions removed? They also had optional objectives that made sense, "Complete the mission in less than 8 minutes".

I hope they bring them back at some stage.

SixKeys
01-23-2016, 05:22 PM
Yeah, why were those epic missions removed? They also had optional objectives that made sense, "Complete the mission in less than 8 minutes".

I hope they bring them back at some stage.

I suspect they were removed because with AC3 the parkour system became godawful. Tombs with the parkour we currently have would be nothing more than an exercise in frustration, whereas pre-AC3 games had very precise parkour that was ideal for freerunning puzzles.

Civona
01-24-2016, 08:44 PM
I suspect they were removed because with AC3 the parkour system became godawful. Tombs with the parkour we currently have would be nothing more than an exercise in frustration, whereas pre-AC3 games had very precise parkour that was ideal for freerunning puzzles.

it wasn't more precise before, it was just stiffer. AC3-on the parkour became more generous and easier to use. The problem those games introduced was that actually walking and running around became more sluggish because of less-optimized and more-detailed animations, but that was not precise previously either.

AC has never been precise in any sense of the word.

And the tombs were hardly complex platforming challenges, the main reason I can think of that they'd be gone is the fact that they require much more involved presentation, animation, and assets than something like a simple assassination mission in the open world does. basically it's a thing that takes time and care, and these games have become about getting stuff done quickly and efficiently to the detriment of many other things.

SixKeys
01-24-2016, 10:00 PM
it wasn't more precise before, it was just stiffer. AC3-on the parkour became more generous and easier to use. The problem those games introduced was that actually walking and running around became more sluggish because of less-optimized and more-detailed animations, but that was not precise previously either.

AC has never been precise in any sense of the word.

And the tombs were hardly complex platforming challenges, the main reason I can think of that they'd be gone is the fact that they require much more involved presentation, animation, and assets than something like a simple assassination mission in the open world does. basically it's a thing that takes time and care, and these games have become about getting stuff done quickly and efficiently to the detriment of many other things.

I wholeheartedly disagree. The early games had great controls. Maybe not perfect, but definitely good for the freerunning system they were designed for. AC3 streamlined the controls, but didn't make them easier to use. On the contrary, whereas previously climbing things you didn't mean to climb was most often down to player error, AC3 made it a regular occurrence because they removed all the extra steps that were in place before to ensure the game was interpreting your intentions correctly. (Like combining high profile and sprint into one, when previously you needed to press the sprint button in order to climb a wall.)

The tombs always had extremely simple level design and were confined to small environments, so I don't buy that the reason they're gone is because they would require a lot of extra effort. The time anomalies in Unity were pretty much a retooling of the tombs, but with bigger environments so as not to cause the players too much frustration. So obviously it can be done, but the current parkour system isn't ideal for it.

VestigialLlama4
01-25-2016, 06:31 AM

You do know that AC3 in fact had Tombs...the Captain Kidd sidequest.

In Black Flag, Tombs became underwater levels and in unity and syndicate they are Time Anomalies.

SixKeys
01-25-2016, 12:51 PM
You do know that AC3 in fact had Tombs...the Captain Kidd sidequest.

In Black Flag, Tombs became underwater levels and in unity and syndicate they are Time Anomalies.

Yes, and most of the tombs and underwater sections in AC3 and AC4 were godawful. The only reason the time anomalies worked better for parkour was because the environments were designed to be wide and open.

MikeFNY
01-25-2016, 01:17 PM
Actually, the Lisbon mission in Rogue had that tombs-touch in it and it's still one of my favourite missions.

VestigialLlama4
01-28-2016, 06:46 AM
Yes, and most of the tombs and underwater sections in AC3 and AC4 were godawful. The only reason the time anomalies worked better for parkour was because the environments were designed to be wide and open.

This strikes me as an absurd statement to make. The Tombs in AC3 were far incredibly diverse. Like the Mad Doctor's Castle had alternate paths, mystery, hidden areas that reward climbers. The Fort Wolcott was a linear level combined with stealth room. The finale, the money Pit at Oak Island was a wide area to move around and formed a multi-part puzzle which could be started any way.

As for Underwater Tombs, well the amazing thing about them was that it was the widest and most open of all. You had the option of claiming some chests, all chests, or just the chest you wanted. You could return anytime you wanted. Each aspect of the underwater level can be accessed at will and in any manner of your choosing. You could go in any direction you want right from the start, or choose any chest and access that. This was the widest and most open of all areas in any AC game.

Again anyone can throw words like godawful out of some bias against a game that only fulfilled 90% of their expectations, but that doesn't mean you can write off whole stuff without saying why they were so much worse than anything that came before.

ubipleya
01-28-2016, 07:14 AM
Any updates on the release?

Bipolar Matt
01-29-2016, 04:45 PM
It's out, has been for a week now. All pre-order content was released with it, with the exception of the Long Night mission, which is only obtainable with the Season Pass (the mission's actually kind of stupid, it suggests level 3 but you fight some much higher level enemies in it).

Now the only content missing is the Last Maharajah Pack. And that should be out in the next 3-4 weeks, I would guess.