PDA

View Full Version : Getting excited for P-38...weapons?



SodBuster43
02-03-2004, 09:19 PM
How many different weapons configurations will the P-38 have? I like ground attack. This should be good fun.

SodBuster43
02-03-2004, 09:19 PM
How many different weapons configurations will the P-38 have? I like ground attack. This should be good fun.

Gibbage1
02-03-2004, 10:38 PM
It has many differant configs like HVAR and bazooka tubes. It also has 2x 500 and 1000lb bombs.

Korolov
02-03-2004, 10:46 PM
You get 4x.50cal with 500rpg, 1x20mm cannon with 150 rounds default. Then you have a choice of bazooka tubes, 250-1000lb bombs or 10 HVARs. Those were the most common loadouts. In the game it looks like we'll be getting the option of 14 HVARs, 12 4.5in rockets, and .50 cal gunpods as well.

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/newsig1.jpg

Cajun76
02-03-2004, 10:50 PM
Hey Gib, I made this using a couple of your screenshots, hope you approve. One has .50cal gunpods and droptanks, the other has HVARS, bazooka tube rockets, and a pair of bombs. I made it small for forum guidelines. It can be done full size.

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v30/Cajun76/P38load_01.gif

Good hunting,
Cajun76

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v30/Cajun76/Realfire_02.gif
Have you thanked a veteran today?

necrobaron
02-03-2004, 10:56 PM
I wonder if we'll have an "Extra Ammo" option like we have for the P-47?

"Not all who wander are lost."

SodBuster43
02-04-2004, 03:54 AM
Sounds very cool. I like the triangular rocket rack. This should compliment the IL-2 and P-47 if placed on the same map. Would be an awsome force to reckon with for ground attack.

pacettid
02-04-2004, 05:39 AM
Luv those XMAS tree rocket racks http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SodBuster43
02-04-2004, 05:52 AM
I think the P-38 may easily become my favorite plane next to the IL-2 and P-47. It was my favorite in CFS2. That Hellcat was pretty cool though.

When we get the B-25 as flyable I will finally have my allied bomber as well. I am getting a little bored with the He-111.

SodBuster43
02-04-2004, 06:05 AM
I wish I had the talents and resourses of guys like Gibbage1 http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

If I did I would spend every spare waking hour making models for these games. This would be a wonderful full time job if a living could be made from this.

These flight sims have sure come a long way since the days of "Aces Of The Pacific" or "Aces Over Europe".

Bucketrider
02-04-2004, 07:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Korolov:
You get 4x.50cal with 500rpg, 1x20mm cannon with 150 rounds default. Then you have a choice of bazooka tubes, 250-1000lb bombs or 10 HVARs. Those were the most common loadouts. In the game it looks like we'll be getting the option of 14 HVARs, 12 4.5in rockets, and .50 cal gunpods as well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's gonna be sweet! Loved that bird in Jane's WWII Fighters...hammering the armored columns in the Ardenne w/ those HVARs. BOOYAH! The valkyries will ride again!

Korolov
02-04-2004, 07:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by necrobaron:
I wonder if we'll have an "Extra Ammo" option like we have for the P-47?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neg, you already get "extra ammo" essentially. All times you carry 500 rounds for the 50 cal and 150 rounds for the cannon. With the Jug, you get 225rpg default, then 425rpg with extra ammo. So while you have pretty much only 6/8ths of the firepower, you can sustain it longer than the '47 can.

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/newsig1.jpg

pinche_bolillo
02-04-2004, 08:36 AM
what about the 2,000lb bombs? it could carry two of them. this was a standard production plane 38J/L not some field modification. speaking of field mods, how about the load out some units used. 2 x 2,000lb bombs and 4 x 300lb bombs for a total bomb load of 5,200lbs :O

necrobaron
02-04-2004, 09:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Korolov:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by necrobaron:
I wonder if we'll have an "Extra Ammo" option like we have for the P-47?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neg, you already get "extra ammo" essentially. All times you carry 500 rounds for the 50 cal and 150 rounds for the cannon. With the Jug, you get 225rpg default, then 425rpg with extra ammo. So while you have pretty much only 6/8ths of the firepower, you can sustain it longer than the '47 can.

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/newsig1.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


Oh,I see. That makes sense.

"Not all who wander are lost."

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-04-2004, 11:38 AM
If the new P-38 gets HVAR's as a possible loadout, will they be available for the Jug as well?

God, I hope so.



http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/il2sig2.jpg

Korolov
02-04-2004, 11:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pinche_bolillo:
what about the 2,000lb bombs? it could carry two of them. this was a standard production plane 38J/L not some field modification. speaking of field mods, how about the load out some units used. 2 x 2,000lb bombs and 4 x 300lb bombs for a total bomb load of 5,200lbs :O<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While the P-38 could carry 4,000lbs, it generally wasn't used very often. 1,000lb bombs will probably be the largest you can carry.

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/newsig1.jpg