PDA

View Full Version : broken MP ranking

Chasm Flaps
12-27-2015, 01:54 AM
Just did this race online...won all 4 heats... got 20 points in 3 heats and 19 on one (which might as well be 20) no faults on any of the 4 heats ... went from 2037 to 2033 (-4) ... wtf ... makes me kinda not want to play online anymore unless it's a full 8 player game... i've actually never seen this until now, the worst i've ever done while winning all 4 heats with 0 faults is a goose-egg/zero point difference. Getting ***** today i've played around 60 heats (15 games) and lost like 60 points because of 2 or 3 mistakes, now it'll take like 2 hours to get those points back ... can this point system be tweaked a bit please? .... http://s44.photobucket.com/user/bizzykins/media/20151226_162531_zpsrkdymatl.jpg.html

Chasm Flaps
12-27-2015, 01:57 AM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f14/bizzykins/20151226_162531_zpsrkdymatl.jpg

En0-
12-27-2015, 04:24 AM
Hello,

The explanation may be complicated but I added this thread as a sticky: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1120155-Multiplayer-ranking-explained

Cheers,

VEGASTRASH
12-27-2015, 03:36 PM
I've never experienced that. I would certainly call that broken. You shouldn't lose points when you win ALL heats...which you had to of, if you had 79 points. Faults don't impact the score much. I've had positive points with a lot of faults. It's all about not losing in MP on a per race basis. Overall points for the 4 race match mean nothing. I've played way too much MP and have never seen this for myself on PS4.
Feel better knowing in the end...it truly doesn't matter. It's fun trying to get your point total up though. A slight challenge, but can be easy also...as it's just about finding the right people to play against over and over. I'm way over ranked in MP at #3 now. I shouldn't be top 20 if most people consistently played.

LIONDEN1
12-28-2015, 03:12 AM
The point system is total trash an unfair, thats why there are only 450 ranked players on xbox one. Nobody wants to play anymore and thats pretty sad. No other game has a system like that.

mattshotcha
12-28-2015, 04:30 PM
As far as I know, this is proof the rating system is working correctly. You are assigned a ranking based off your own performance and continuing to play at that level is what determines the changes made to your rank. By not performing at the level assigned to you, adjusted for the competition you are facing, you might see a negative change in your ranking.

Put as simply as possible, a higher ranking is not given by simply showing up and winning.

Also, a lot of other games utilize ranking systems similar to this one. Any game that assigns a skill rating is using a system similar to this.

Chasm Flaps
12-29-2015, 06:38 AM
I don't mind getting a zero change in my score... i shouldn't lose points for achieving perfection... not my fault if the other players sucked in the match.... also that's not supposed to happen, i've seen moderators say that you should never lose points if you win all 4 heats

VEGASTRASH
12-29-2015, 01:13 PM
The point system is total trash an unfair, thats why there are only 450 ranked players on xbox one. Nobody wants to play anymore and thats pretty sad. No other game has a system like that.
The reason few play MP is it was launched 10 months into the game. It's almost 20 months in now. The season is a good idea, but so few remain from 1.1 million on the PS4...850 or so. This is normal for any game. The downfall of Fusion was launching things way to late in the life cycle of the game. It was well intentioned, but hurt the title.
I would not call the point system trash or unfair. I've played way too many match and honestly, it works fine. People don't realize why they're losing points or not gaining more points if they win.
It depends on how many you're playing and what their rating is. If I'm a 2232 rating and playing 4 people @ 1500...a win may only yield +1 or 0 points. If I play just one person who is 2021 and win all 4 races...faults or none, I'll gain about 2-3 points.
The reason people aren't playing probably isn't the point system, it's the sometimes stale playlists and very late integration into the game. Take a look at a tournament for a weekend. The last one had 1000 players...a high number compared to the past few. Look at downloads on TC...a top build may yield 500-700 downloads for a week. Not many are playing trials, but they've seen a decent surge in sales over the holidays. Fusion on PS4 hit 1 million sales just over 1 year into the release. And since has only sold 90k copies. So, 1 year to sell a million....then 7-8 months to sell 90k...do the math.
Games drastically fall off in sales later in the game, along with players...not just Fusion, but every game.
Another reason many may not come back to MP is many times when you go to play...it's a ghost town. Some may think it's broken, or simply don't want to play with just a few people. It's all about first impressions.
MP needs a COUNTER...just like tournaments. You know exactly how many are on at all times. It will be low, real low...you'd see it, if they implemented a counter.

Looking back on Fusion though...20 months is a tremendous run with something new each week and a ton of hours played for $50 with all dlcs.

I've spent way too much time typing about this...the only next move I can make is below.
http://files.sharenator.com/facefist-Erik-Johanssons-incredible-photoshop-art-and-illusions-s900x600-440312.jpg

funktastic-
12-31-2015, 03:19 PM
This game as caused that much self harm it should introduce some support counselling:p

Rearding the point system , i actually think flaps should be deducted points for using pink sticky notes and a samsung tv:p

TheBlazeJp
12-31-2015, 10:38 PM
I don't mind getting a zero change in my score... i shouldn't lose points for achieving perfection... not my fault if the other players sucked in the match.... also that's not supposed to happen, i've seen moderators say that you should never lose points if you win all 4 heats

If you went -4 with winning every heat and not faulting once then yes that is not correct

that shouldn't happen

oO-shaolin-Oo
01-05-2016, 10:56 PM
The reason people aren't playing probably isn't the point system
for me it is clearly because of the point system and I don't think I'm the only but I agree with you that in a game life there is less and less players.
But this point system didn't motivate people to play enought because as soon as you reach a good rank it is better to stop play.

LIONDEN1
01-06-2016, 03:41 AM
i would agree people stopped playing MP because of the point system and the harder tracks, newer players dont like the fact of not finishing. The points are a joke. a lot of people get a high score and then switch to a secondary name and play, that way they can have more fun and not worry about the ranking, I know this cause i know people that do it.