PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate not loading

dedwieght
12-26-2015, 07:00 AM
Haven't played the game in a few days and am running version 1.31 but now I can't get the game to load, I click play in Uplay, the Syndicate initialization screen comes up, and then nothing, just a spinning icon in the bottom right of the window. I did have the ACS.EXE crashing bug before the patch, which was annoying but tolerable, but now I can't even attempt to play.

I have tried all of the relevant "fixes" found here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332347-ACS-Troubleshooting-Guide-and-Possible-Solutions including completely reinstalling the game but no change at all.

Any thoughts?

YazX_
12-26-2015, 02:55 PM
Please contact support, link is in my signature.

dedwieght
12-26-2015, 09:32 PM
Seems there was some issues with Uplay handing off to the games executable, reinstalling Uplay seems to have resolved the problem for now.

YazX_
12-26-2015, 10:25 PM
Seems there was some issues with Uplay handing off to the games executable, reinstalling Uplay seems to have resolved the problem for now.

but you said you tried all relevant fixes posted in the thread (troubleshooting guide and possible solutions) and reinstalling UPlay is one of them, however, i'm glad you sorted it out but it could've saved you time by following the whole thread.

dedwieght
12-27-2015, 01:11 AM
but you said you tried all relevant fixes posted in the thread (troubleshooting guide and possible solutions) and reinstalling UPlay is one of them, however, i'm glad you sorted it out but it could've saved you time by following the whole thread.

Technically it doesn't say to uninstall Uplay/Steam but rather uninstall the game from those clients(ctrl+F and searching Uninstall confirms this), a good bit different than actually uninstalling the client itself but no point arguing semantics as it is functioning now.

YazX_
12-27-2015, 10:48 AM
Technically it doesn't say to uninstall Uplay/Steam but rather uninstall the game from those clients(ctrl+F and searching Uninstall confirms this), a good bit different than actually uninstalling the client itself.

Taken from thread after step 16 :)

If none worked, try reinstalling UPlay (download it from uplay.ubi.com (http://uplay.ubi.com/) - top right of the page), but before that make a back up from UPlay folder here (Default installation location):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher