PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate and multiple windows profiles

scbundy
12-26-2015, 06:02 AM
Just got this game for my boys for Xmas on PC, we all want to play it, but it appears that save games are cloud saved and sync'd to Program Files instead of the user's profile. How can we all play our own game? Seriously Ubisoft, one save? Windows has had multiple profiles for some time now.

feto2011
12-26-2015, 06:19 AM
Yes, seems multi-profile has been removed since ACU and if anyone wants to use one Uplay account for multiple gamers, should do something manually.
So far any local saved AC game files are stored in the folder under “Ubisoft Game launcher”, instead of that in your Documents folder. What you have to do is backup it out for each gamer playing with the same Uplay account and remember to disable online sync from Uplay client settings.
So anyone want to play then, just copy your own save game file back to the saved game folder under Gmae launcher. When finish play, copy it out to your own backup folder.

scbundy
12-26-2015, 06:17 PM
Yes, seems multi-profile has been removed since ACU and if anyone wants to use one Uplay account for multiple gamers, should do something manually.
So far any local saved AC game files are stored in the folder under “Ubisoft Game launcher”, instead of that in your Documents folder. What you have to do is backup it out for each gamer playing with the same Uplay account and remember to disable online sync from Uplay client settings.
So anyone want to play then, just copy your own save game file back to the saved game folder under Gmae launcher. When finish play, copy it out to your own backup folder.

That's what I started doing, what a freaking chore. I wonder if installing uPlay separately in each profile would work. So it's under Documents instead of Program Files. Then every user has their own saved games subfolders. With cloud saving disabled of course.

YazX_
12-26-2015, 10:27 PM
That's what I started doing, what a freaking chore. I wonder if installing uPlay separately in each profile would work. So it's under Documents instead of Program Files. Then every user has their own saved games subfolders. With cloud saving disabled of course.

Unfortunately it wont work, UPlay depends on login account not windows profiles, saves folder is the same for all windows profiles but different per UPlay account, only way i see this working is having multiple PCs and one can login and play at a time unless if played in offline mode.