PDA

View Full Version : Rant out of Frustration - SPOILERS

DazKRaptorSquad
12-26-2015, 03:33 AM
So I just go and start the Letters Missions and am doing the first one and everything is going perfect (find and tail the target, throw a fear bomb to scare him) until it says reach the target. Jump down off a roof, fight 20 odd Rooks whilst the target stands in the middle of them so I am being careful not kill him - finally there are no more Rooks and said target is still alive and standing 3 feet from when he just levitates backwards and slides into the Thanes. "Mission Reset you have lost the Target" - WTF - Seriously, 20 minutes of gameplay down the tube after a glitch. Plus I now have to spend a $1,000 just to replenish supplies.

As one more example I did the Owens mansion mission and I had only 1 internal guard to assassinate to clear the area and escape undetected. My only approach to stealth kill him is to whistle and lure him to the door way where I am hiding, I whistle he comes andt stops but no red outline to stab him even though I LMB multiple times. After 5 attempts to lure him within reach I make a mistake and think maybe I am not right on the edge of the doorway and what happens - Evie springs out completely into the middle of the room and of course am detected. 30+ minutes of hard work blown, when I could have just walked in and shot everyone in 10 to 15 minutes.

I have had similar types of thing happen in Syndicate far too many times and it's really not good enough and it makes playing not fun but frustrating.

So annoyed right now.

DazKRaptorSquad
12-26-2015, 03:39 AM
2nd time - same as the first except this time when he got scared and managed to run into the Thames - for gods sake!!!!!!

DazKRaptorSquad
12-26-2015, 03:47 AM
3rd time - threw the fear bomb, jumped down and stabbed the 1 rook with him and he just looked at me and then fell over dead. "Mission Reset you have lost the Target"

Me thinks I'll go do another mission. Walks away swearing and hitting things ......

DazKRaptorSquad
12-26-2015, 04:06 AM
So sucker for punishment tried 2 more times but this time even having eliminated every Rook before throwing the fear bomb, as soon as I throw it 10 or so Rooks spawn in right beside you and detect you and by the time you fight them (Fear Bombs Had no Effect) the target escapes. Seriously, already avoiding fight club, think I'll give these a miss as well.

DazKRaptorSquad
12-26-2015, 05:03 AM
Well it appears that it was glitching because I wasn't doing them in order, just did 1 & 2 in order and had no issues. The one I was trying had no number so I assume it is meant to be done last, the only thing I can think of.

OxIdOAC
12-26-2015, 09:32 AM
It's the letter by the Thames, right?
I did it like this: after tailing is done and target is talking to some rook guys by the river, i slowly killed one by one all other rooks in area except the ones by my target. Then simply throw a scare bomb (from a building) and they flee away (no new rooks have appeared), then simply stand by my target and mission ends...

Hope it helps...

OxIdOAC
12-26-2015, 09:39 AM
Fight club is not that hard if you know how to do it. First buy scare bombs and spikes, then when fight begins rooks come in waves just like in original fistfight missions, wait for rooks to come closer and drop 1 bomb and spike only tough guys that can't be scared. And kill those who are scared, and you can replenish your bombs and spikes automatically after kill (not always though)...

Give it a try.

DazKRaptorSquad
12-26-2015, 10:50 PM
It's the letter by the Thames, right?
I did it like this: after tailing is done and target is talking to some rook guys by the river, i slowly killed one by one all other rooks in area except the ones by my target. Then simply throw a scare bomb (from a building) and they flee away (no new rooks have appeared), then simply stand by my target and mission ends...

Hope it helps...

Howdy OxIdOAC, I think it really was that the game just wanted me to do them in the order of 1, 2 and the one by the Thames. When I did them like that I had no problem completing it. It would have been useful for it to have a "3" on it as most people would have figured out there was a sequence.

DazKRaptorSquad
12-26-2015, 10:53 PM
Fight club is not that hard if you know how to do it. First buy scare bombs and spikes, then when fight begins rooks come in waves just like in original fistfight missions, wait for rooks to come closer and drop 1 bomb and spike only tough guys that can't be scared. And kill those who are scared, and you can replenish your bombs and spikes automatically after kill (not always though)...

Give it a try.

Do you need to do a "Brutal Takedown" on the Tough Guys to be able to spike them?

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-27-2015, 06:57 AM
if an enemy is in the red are, he wont get out of it and will stay there, when you fight outside of that red area, the guards at red are stay there and will never cross the line

the whistle in this game is tooo OP, it's twice the range that used to be in AC 4