PDA

View Full Version : Would like to see a Unity Definitive Edtion

ShadoeKat
12-25-2015, 05:54 AM
I liked Unity a lot. I know everyone had issues because it was buggy. But with that said I truly would like to see Ubisoft apply all the fixes released to the game, all DLC in a more solid edition. Unity to me was a great leap forward, rushed, and I personally appreciate the game more now after playing Syndicate. I feel Syndicate played it too safe and is rather uninspired in the story, some of the graphics.... sorry little kids running around walking like robots, all the same is just laziness compared to the crowds in Unity. The only thing that truly felt like it was inspired was WWI sequence and the new Ripper DLC....forget the Ripper story, but the feel of it is more like an AC game than the main game. Just saying I would welcome a chance to play a truly finished, fixed version of Unity. Who knows, if they would ever release something like that maybe they could add a couple new missions to make it worthwhile to buy. Just dreaming and thinking out loud probably because Syndicate for me was my first AC letdown.

MikeFNY
12-25-2015, 09:42 AM
What issues did you have with Unity? I was one of the lucky ones who played it after all patches were released and completed the game and the DLC without any particular issues, there was only one side mission that was very buggy, forgot the name, where guards kept clashing in each other and staying in the same place.

ShadoeKat
12-25-2015, 04:39 PM
I personally had no issues either but so many complained they did even after updates. Dead Kings did give a hiccup. I just want everyone to what Unity really offered in a good like since some hate it so much. Also new players buying the game now and can't get the fixes, because they just don't have Internet...could get a better product. Just me thinking out loud.

MikeFNY
12-25-2015, 05:12 PM
Yes, I understand.

In no way I am defending the initial release of Unity, it was a disaster and I was very lucky not to play it when it came out, which is what I usually do with AC games.

As for the game still being buggy after the updates, I don't know, as I said I had no major problems, including Dead Kings. And if someone has no internet connection to update the game, then I'm afraid he's in the wrong business since almost all games need to be updated.

Having said that, I agree with you, it is sad that such a good game was rushed like it was. I went back to it to collect all chests after completing Syndicate and I am starting to appreciate it even more, it was a very challenging game indeed.

Sesheenku
12-26-2015, 08:14 PM
Played it on PC well after release, no bugs or crashes. I thought it was the best AC yet even. It'd be hard to make it better imo.

I'd rather they remake AC1 or AC2, they've aged poorly.