PDA

View Full Version : SPOILERS - Fightclub in Jack the Ripper

DazKRaptorSquad
12-24-2015, 01:54 AM
Hi, I am at best an average gamer although I have managed to complete most AC games to over 90% and AC4 to 100%.

I managed to complete all the boxing tournaments in Syndicate but the free for all that is fight club in JTR is beyond me and I have now run out of money after 4 attempts because I was desynched and the game does not refill your inventory when you restart the mission.

If someone can provide some tips that'd be great.

I watched a video of a guy doing it and it seemed a never ending stream of combat (7 minutes) interrupted by people shooting you as well, until the boss showed. I don't think I got even halfway before exhausting all my smoke bombs, Voltaic bombs and health potions as "E" does not always seem to work to parry and the little skinny guys take 25% of your health every hit.

I also tried using the fear bombs but they scared 1 guy out of about 10 and throwing more did nothing!!!!

Also is it necessary to complete these missions cause otherwise I'll just miss them and let my blood pressure have a rest.

feclmunday
12-24-2015, 03:03 AM
At the beginning of each round drop a fear bomb at your feet then spike someone. The combination of the two should fear everybody in the ring but the brutes. Counter them down, or to speed it up do stun tool combos with the pistol.

I never had a problem. Does the combo of fear tools not work for you? Basically one fear tool makes them alarmed and the second frightens them and makes them run away. you can then start to do brutal takedowns on the frightened people to compound the fear...

DazKRaptorSquad
12-24-2015, 03:15 AM
Thanks feclmunday, I haven't tried doing both but will do. Will try and do the stun combos thing.

So frighten them then do the spike, that was where I was going wrong as I didn't realise one needed to precede the other.

veronica5585
12-25-2015, 03:23 AM
The optional objective is your clue. It wants you to scare 15 enemies. To do that, you need to drop a smoke bomb, then quickly switch to spikes, and spike a huge guy (those who are fearless) so everybody runs away. Meanwhile watch your enemies closely, the bar above the eneimes' heads glow yellow just before they attack you. You need to press E to avoid their attacks. When fighting with strong enemies my finger is always on E. I just press endlessly lol it works!1 (when they prepare for shooting you, hit F on time to avoid the bullet)

Frag_Maniac
12-25-2015, 03:54 AM
I got through the first one OK. I exhausted all my potions, but still had lots of knife and gun ammo. Didn't use any Voltaic bombs, but used most if not all of the smoke bombs. I had no idea there was a fear bomb though. I failed at making 15 enemies fear though, because I wasn't even aware of the task until a lull finally came waiting for combatants. I had no idea Evie also had fear inducing skills until I looked in the Skills menu, but it was kinda pointless doing so because they all require story progression at this point. I definitely didn't know there were fear tools though, and I don't think I even have any yet, unless you mean fear skills like brutalize, scream, etc.

Personally, I think making Evie's skills and tools pertain to fear like JTR's does is kinda silly and senseless.

DazKRaptorSquad
12-26-2015, 01:08 AM
The optional objective is your clue. It wants you to scare 15 enemies. To do that, you need to drop a smoke bomb, then quickly switch to spikes, and spike a huge guy (those who are fearless) so everybody runs away. Meanwhile watch your enemies closely, the bar above the eneimes' heads glow yellow just before they attack you. You need to press E to avoid their attacks. When fighting with strong enemies my finger is always on E. I just press endlessly lol it works!1 (when they prepare for shooting you, hit F on time to avoid the bullet)

Thanks Veronica5585, have mastered the "E" key in the boxing, it is "space" to stun that I seem to never time right. In the fight clubs in the main game I got through all rounds in all clubs by just using "E", but it doesn't seem as effective in the Ripper fights. They need to make the "F" prompt a bit earlier I think, plus sometimes I just don't see it. The problem for me is I often pay too much attention to the game (sounds strange doesn't it) rather than just watching for the game to prompt, "F" or "Space" in the kidnap missions (it was nigh on impossible to see the space bar symbol in the Ripper to restrain people as I was always looking to avoid conflicts..

DazKRaptorSquad
12-26-2015, 01:15 AM
I got through the first one OK. I exhausted all my potions, but still had lots of knife and gun ammo. Didn't use any Voltaic bombs, but used most if not all of the smoke bombs. I had no idea there was a fear bomb though. I failed at making 15 enemies fear though, because I wasn't even aware of the task until a lull finally came waiting for combatants. I had no idea Evie also had fear inducing skills until I looked in the Skills menu, but it was kinda pointless doing so because they all require story progression at this point. I definitely didn't know there were fear tools though, and I don't think I even have any yet, unless you mean fear skills like brutalize, scream, etc.

Personally, I think making Evie's skills and tools pertain to fear like JTR's does is kinda silly and senseless.

Thanks for the tactics, have cleared almost everything else so today will focus on trying to master the fight club stuff..

Re this "Personally, I think making Evie's skills and tools pertain to fear like JTR's does is kinda silly and senseless" I was originally going to stop playing JTR because the fight club was one of the first things I attempted and I was in a rage about, the changes to Evie's skills. It seemed while Syndicate turned AC into Mario Kart, JTR seemed to have turned the game into Mortal Kombat. That style of game is just not for me as I do not have the will or skill to play them.

Anyway, have just been bypassing the Fight Club stuff till now and enjoying the rest of the game. Truly pissed off re losing inventory items I had already bought and much preferred the previous outfits but just trying to finish JTR so I can move on.

DazKRaptorSquad
12-26-2015, 01:19 AM
Just a quick question, can you spike a brute (using "F" I assume) when he is confused by smoke or do you have to do a "Brutal Takedown" first?

Frag_Maniac
12-26-2015, 03:19 AM
Just a quick question, can you spike a brute (using "F" I assume) when he is confused by smoke or do you have to do a "Brutal Takedown" first?

Not sure, but I can tell you a quick way to build up skill points is brutalizing any enemies you see when roaming about. I already have 4 of the 7 skills purchased and I'm only 33% complete.

DazKRaptorSquad
12-26-2015, 04:15 AM
Cool will give that a go, not having much luck at present trying to do the First "Letters" mission anyway.

Thanks, to you Frag (and Yaz_X if your reading) you have been a lot of help over the course of my journeys in this game

DazKRaptorSquad
12-27-2015, 12:56 AM
Thanks to those that helped, just finished both Fight Club missions and it was a breeze thanks to the suggestions provided.

Lesson for me is don't try things to soon and expect to own the situation, boosting fear skills was the key as was spiking brutes.

Again thanks.

YazX_
12-27-2015, 10:45 AM
Thanks, to you Frag (and Yaz_X if your reading) you have been a lot of help over the course of my journeys in this game

You are very welcome :) , glad i was able to help :) :)