PDA

View Full Version : co op, how should it work

VernalBreak
12-23-2015, 11:56 PM
What kind of co op do you want

Civona
12-24-2015, 04:56 AM
I'd like something a bit like dark souls' ghosts, where you catch glimpses of other players doing stuff but they disappear once they're out of your sight. None of the actual pvp dark souls stuff, just little glimpses that make you feel like there are some more assassins running about.

I would prefer for the people we work with and against in actual gameplay to be NPCs, because developing that end further allows them to create interactions with fellow assassins that feel more immersive and grounded in the world: for example, with normal co-op you lose out on voice acting, or the other player might intentionally try to make the mission hard for you. Especially in a stealthy sort of game, having someone who can blow your cover out of nowhere is lame. (which isn't to say that NPCs shouldn't blow your cover, just that they can do it in ways that feel more like they're part of a story than some random jerk trying to ruin your fun.)

D.I.D.
12-24-2015, 06:03 AM
It's not about how it should work, but how it can. AC has the consoles at (and sometimes beyond) their limits. You can't have split-screen local co-op.

Online is the only feasible way to do it, unless PS4 and XBO are going to start a LAN culture.

ImaginaryRuins
12-24-2015, 11:37 AM
Whether co-op is rewarding hugely depends on whether you have a good team. A good team doesn't only mean everyone's skill levels are relatively the same; they have to be cooperate. The problem is there are too many jerk players on the Internet. To me, Unity's co-op is already the best - at most 4 people only.