PDA

View Full Version : How to upgrade AC2 to AC2 deluxe?

Unqou
12-23-2015, 07:17 PM
I bought AC2 (PC Download) here from uplay, thinking I buyed AC2 Deluxe, but it was only AC2 (standard edition).

I explored all the offers available, and no AC2 Deluxe is available on uplay store, neither you can buy AC2 deluxe nor you can buy an upgrade key (at least, here in italy. the only AC2 available is the standard one)

There are only 3 maps more, but I'd like to have them.

How can I upgrade my ALREADY REGISTERED AC2 to my uplay account to AC2 Deluxe, since it is not possible to buy an upgrade key neither here, neither on steam (since it requires standard edition from steam, and my standard edition is the uplay version [pc download]), neither I was able to find any other store that sells this kind of key?

Thank for any reply and PLEASE don't delete this topic. but reply to it.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-23-2015, 07:22 PM
I bought AC2 (PC Download) here from uplay, thinking I buyed AC2 Deluxe, but it was only AC2 (standard edition).

I explored all the offers available, and no AC2 Deluxe is available on uplay store, neither you can buy AC2 deluxe nor you can buy an upgrade key (at least, here in italy. the only AC2 available is the standard one)

There are only 3 maps more, but I'd like to have them.

How can I upgrade my ALREADY REGISTERED AC2 to my uplay account to AC2 Deluxe, since it is not possible to buy an upgrade key neither here, neither on steam (since it requires standard edition from steam, and my standard edition is the uplay version [pc download]), neither I was able to find any other store that sells this kind of key?

Thank for any reply and PLEASE don't delete this topic. but reply to it.

Right now, you can only buy Deluxe edition from Steam store and there's no possibility of ubisoft giving you an Dulex key at this point, it's only fair to ask for an old game that already has the DLC with the game's DVD but ubisoft had locked it, if you paid for it, you should be able to use it.

Unqou
12-23-2015, 07:42 PM
I'm afraid that it is not properly legal, even if the sale's price of AC2 (on uplay) and AC2 Deluxe (on steam) is the same.
Thank you for the reply... I will evaluate to buy again AC2 Deluxe and tie it on another uplay account (don't know if I can have AC2 twice on the same account).

Or do the same buying the key from Humble Store.

Thank again :)

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-23-2015, 08:02 PM
I'm afraid that it is not properly legal, even if the sale's price of AC2 (on uplay) and AC2 Deluxe (on steam) is the same.
Thank you for the reply... I will evaluate to buy again AC2 Deluxe and tie it on another uplay account (don't know if I can have AC2 twice on the same account).

Or do the same buying the key from Humble Store.

Thank again :)

yes, if you buy deluxe edition on steam it will again add another game icon to uplay also, so you will have 2 AC 2 icons in uplay, you can hide one of them.
here's a tip, when you do open your normal edition your Deluxe edition dlc will be added to normal game as well, this happened to me with AC 4, i bought AC 4 normal + season pass, didn't get aveline DLC, but i bought dulex on steam later that year, but when i opened by standard game, i had gotten Aveline DLC as well.

Jascha83
07-18-2016, 06:33 PM
Fist of all, let me say that the reasoning behind Ubisoft's policy regarding the AC2's Deluxe Edition content - which are only 3 challenge maps - really eludes me.

Now it seems that you CANNOT buy the Digital Deluxe edition in the Uplay store (only on Steam and or some old Uplay keys via various cdkeys shops) at all, no to mention that it is not possible to purchase this additional content separately as well. I, for instance, have bought a copy of the retail Heritage Collection (AC1, AC2, AC:B, AC3). One would think that this is a complete collection. Well no. AC2 comes as a standard edition.

So dear Ubisoft - would you kindly fix this and unlock these maps for all activated Uplay AC2 copies? Or at least make it available for purchase?

Regarding the solution which has been proposed above - to buy a separate AC2 deluxe edition on Steam - I've heard that the saves are not compatible between these two versions.

So - in light of the above - could some please confirm that this is true:

here's a tip, when you do open your normal edition your Deluxe edition dlc will be added to normal game as well, this happened to me with AC 4, i bought AC 4 normal + season pass, didn't get aveline DLC, but i bought dulex on steam later that year, but when i opened by standard game, i had gotten Aveline DLC as well.

Because if this works, it would mean that it's actually possible to upgrade an non-steam version of AC2 to AC2 Deluxe Edition (by buying the game for the second time on Steam, but still...).

Arc4d10
07-21-2016, 09:18 AM
Or allow them to be unlocked through UPlay/Ubisoft Club points?
I wish they would this to any other DLC from Digi Deluxe editions...

santap555
07-22-2016, 10:03 PM
Redeem your AC2 Deluxe code in game "Extra menu"