PDA

View Full Version : Replaying a WW1 Memory - How?

DazKRaptorSquad
12-22-2015, 05:27 AM
Hi, I am trying to redo activity 2 "Clarence Stock House" in WW1 as I only have 90%. This was due to me choosing walking around a fence instead of jumping it and the game telling me I had abandoned the area.

I have twice gone into the Progress Tracker and tried to replay the memory once from Evie and Jacob's time and once by re-entering the rift from the barge. Both times it takes me to the site but then says something like " you have abandoned the area" and moves me back to my last location in either era. Not sure if it matters but I used Evie the original time and when I tried the subsequent 2 attempts at replaying.

If anyone can help would be appreciated.

D.I.D.
12-22-2015, 05:35 AM
Screen gets a soft red filter, vertical disruption bars slide left and right?

Yeah, it's a bug, and a really irritating one. I can't figure out what triggers it, but bizarrely the effect is not the same every time. You simply need to keep reloading the mission until it lets you play. It's like this for all Associate Missions.

It seems like they accidentally included the spawn point as an out-of-bounds location, but as I say the random nature of it doesn't support that idea. I was deliberately not moving in the hope of not setting off the bug, not even moving in the loading screen white room, but it is purely down to luck.

My system still hasn't been fed the 1.3.1 update (still on 1.2.1), so maybe it's been fixed in that.

DazKRaptorSquad
12-22-2015, 05:55 AM
Screen gets a soft red filter, vertical disruption bars slide left and right?

Yeah, it's a bug, and a really irritating one. I can't figure out what triggers it, but bizarrely the effect is not the same every time. You simply need to keep reloading the mission until it lets you play. It's like this for all Associate Missions.

It seems like they accidentally included the spawn point as an out-of-bounds location, but as I say the random nature of it doesn't support that idea. I was deliberately not moving in the hope of not setting off the bug, not even moving in the loading screen white room, but it is purely down to luck.

My system still hasn't been fed the 1.3.1 update (still on 1.2.1), so maybe it's been fixed in that.

I did get a few automatic redirects on some other associate memories but this one seems fixated on the fact I accidentally abandoned the area ending the mission last time. As stated, I had the option to jump a fence (not ideal for stealth) or walk around it, on the screen it would have been a 1cm difference and it abandoned the memory. How many other missions I did where I exited and re-entered areas and did it multiple times yet never got this issue. I didn't worry at the time, just thought I'd come back to it.

Anyway will keep trying but it has spawned me in the same place 3 times now with the same response. Playing this game has done nothing good for my blood pressure!!!!!! Think I'll wait for the patch and hope as well ;-)

DazKRaptorSquad
12-22-2015, 06:13 AM
5th time lucky, spawned in the same spot but it didn't come up with the warning about abandoning the area.