PDA

View Full Version : AEP and dynamic campagins problem.

ImpStarDuece
04-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Just got AEP and it seems to have affected the update on my dynamic campaigns.

Will fly a mission and succeed and then have one of a few very strange outcomes:

1) My kills (both air and ground)will not be credited
2) Kills will be credited but campaign willo not progerss.
3) Kills are being credited to my wingmen (very annoyed as i shot down 3 YAk 7's and a LA-5 and my wing man got ALL of them)

Has anyone heard of this happening or had a similar problem? Can anyone help me? I love this game but without my campaigns i am inconsolable.

ImpStarDuece
04-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Just got AEP and it seems to have affected the update on my dynamic campaigns.

Will fly a mission and succeed and then have one of a few very strange outcomes:

1) My kills (both air and ground)will not be credited
2) Kills will be credited but campaign willo not progerss.
3) Kills are being credited to my wingmen (very annoyed as i shot down 3 YAk 7's and a LA-5 and my wing man got ALL of them)

Has anyone heard of this happening or had a similar problem? Can anyone help me? I love this game but without my campaigns i am inconsolable.

tsisqua
04-04-2004, 10:25 PM
Ditto on the wingman ai. I'm gonna start shooting THEM LOL .

Tsisqua

oddlegs
04-05-2004, 03:59 AM
Similar prob. Since AEP some campaigns end after only a few missions wth no map showing on debriefing screen.
Fixed in patch?

Starshoy
04-05-2004, 05:31 AM
Please notice that campaigns that were in progress may wrongly identify your place in the mission which was generated _before_ update. Sometimes it can make campaign unplayable.

If you have other problems, not in this transitional mission, especially if campaign is terminated abruptly, please do the following:

- Exit the game.
- Find in the root directory files named DGen*.log, and send them to me (starshoy at rogers dot com). With that I can reproduce the problem and fix it, if it is generator's bug.

The files will be overwritten when you fly next time.

Starshoy
04-05-2004, 05:37 AM
Another already fixed, and very specific problem is this:

- if you play on Berlin map and are wounded the campaign ends, with all appropriate debriefing. Normally, when you press "Apply", you should return to the main screen, but sometimes you do not, and instead are transfered to the next mission which won't load because the war is over.

If it is the case, don't worry, it is solved already. You can get beta version of DGen and Ngen, plus many new NGen campaigns here:

http://www.il2center.com/AEPplus.zip

(about 2.5 Mb)

NorrisMcWhirter
04-05-2004, 06:20 AM
Hi,

"- if you play on Berlin map and are wounded the campaign ends, with all appropriate debriefing. Normally, when you press "Apply", you should return to the main screen, but sometimes you do not, and instead are transfered to the next mission which won't load because the war is over."

This problem isn't confined to the Berlin campaign.

I have the same issue with Battle over Europe
and being wounded in the 1944 Ardenne campaign then hitting 'apply'; i.e. you are supposed to move onto the Berlin campaign but you have the dgen exe consuming 210MB of memory while it sits there in an infinite loop.

The Berlin campaign is nearly unplayable [low FPS] due to the number of aircraft involved, too - is there a way of reducing the amount of planes involved?

Cheers,
Norris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Starshoy:
Another already fixed, and very specific problem is this:

- if you play on Berlin map and are wounded the campaign ends, with all appropriate debriefing. Normally, when you press "Apply", you should return to the main screen, but sometimes you do not, and instead are transfered to the next mission which won't load because the war is over.

If it is the case, don't worry, it is solved already. You can get beta version of DGen and Ngen, plus many new NGen campaigns here:

http://www.il2center.com/AEPplus.zip

(about 2.5 Mb)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

================================================== ==========

: Chris Morris - Blue Jam : http://cabinessence.cream.org/

More irreverence:
http://www.tvgohome.com/

Starshoy
04-05-2004, 06:53 AM
Of course you can reduce number of planes and ground targets by adding to conf.ini:

AirIntensity=Low
GroundIntensity=Low

You can also directly edit campaign scripts and reduce there number of planes, but I doubt it will be necessary.

Anyway, the patch should fix the problem with wounded pilot.

ImpStarDuece
04-05-2004, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the help Starshoy but things semm to be getting worse.

Just had a play around in the campaigns and about half of them wont even generate. Click on the generate button and it just goes 'click' and nothing happens. Seems to be the late war period, mostly 43 and after, for some reason.

None of the Leningrad campaigns work, neither does Smolensk, Kuban 43, Liberation of Kuban, Lvov 44 or Kursk. However Kuban 42 seems to be able to generate and the mission runs, i just cant get credited with kills and the mission debriefing continually lists me as crashed/shot down and KIA or MIA even if i land, shut off my engine and get a mission complete notification,

Dont get me wrong i'm not complaining here. This is the first and only problem i have had with IL2 (apart from there not being enough hours in the day to play it) but i'm worried that this might be common and other players are suffering. And i want my campaigns back, i need the practice!

Starshoy
04-05-2004, 08:43 AM
Well, if they do not generate at all, something is totally wrong with your whole environment, may be you have wrong version of the generator or scripts. May be AEP did not install correctly at all. But things like that should be easy to check and to fix http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Bugs in DGen sure can happen, something that escaped dozens of testers and tens of thousands of test generations, but not something so obvious and capital http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Please try to generate a campaign that won't even start, and look into your root directory. If it contains a file DGen.log with some error message, send it to me or even post here, it should be fairly short.

If there is no DGen.log with correct date and time, matching your generation attempt, something is wrong with GUI files.

You did not try to install DCG, by the way? It would interfere with DGen campaigns, in most of cases they won't be playable at all.

mtowe
04-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Hey Starshoy,

Your comment regarding DCG effecting the playability of Dgen missions got my attention. I discovered that most of the dynamic campaigns in AEP don't work on my end. I never tried them prior to loading DCG and just assumed it was a bug. Is there a way to fix this by removing DCG or do I need to reinstall AEP?

On a side note, I addressed this in a different post but since I have your attention, would having DCG installed effect the playability of any German pilot careers in BoE? Or are there no pilot careers in BoE? I ask because I show no BoE pilot careers for the German side.

Thanks in advance,

Mike aka 361st_Avid

oddlegs
04-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Mtowe,
No need to uninstall DCG, if you have opted for DCG to rplace Dgen just look for DCGexe file in main FB folder, delete it, then find dgen_backup, rename it Dgen. Unfortunately, bug with AEP campaigns is there regardless of DCG, I had it before DCG and still have it.

Tailspin2
04-05-2004, 05:13 PM
DCG has no effect on your stock AEP campaigns unless you have checked both auto-gen and replace DGen options for the DCG modes.

If you did and play some campaigns, then you are playing DCG campaigns and not DGen campaigns. Dcg does tie in to some the DGen features, like tracking pilots and such stats.

If you don't check off both options mentioned above it, it will not have any effect on BOE pilot careers. If you have both those options checked, just unchecked them. It's that simple. DCG will copy back the original DGen for your to use. Nothing to delete. DCG will be just stilling on your harddrive until you decide to use it.

Tailspin's Tales
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Tailspin/index.htm

mtowe
04-05-2004, 05:32 PM
Hmmmm..... Now I am really wondering what's up. I have used auto generate but have not told it to replace DGen. However, I still have limited FB dynamic campaigns and no German BoE creers FB??

I guess I will do a fresh install of all and see what happens. I really do hope it is not a conflict between DGen and DCG, I love both for different reasons and enjoy using them both.

Thanks for the replies,

Mike aka 361st_Avid

mortoma
04-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Another problem with Dgen is the Classes***.dat files that you can add to change the role of a plane do not always work. I have a FW190A5 campaign that keeps me flying Jabo and ground attack missions, althought I made the Classes***.dat file to make it a fighter only.
I get ground attack missions almost every time regardless.

Tailspin2
04-05-2004, 10:19 PM
mtowe,

Just make sure that you have the modes options in DCG checked for campaigns where you want to use the DCG/DGen replacment option and unchecked the DCG replacement modes when you want to fly the stock campaigns that come with FB, AEP and BOE using DGen.

That should keep you going fine.

Tailspin's Tales
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Tailspin/index.htm

mtowe
04-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Okay, last night I did a reinstall of FB, AEP and BoE. I now have all the campaigns that I should. I also reinstalled DCG and I am happy to report that too is fine. I now have the best of both worlds with DGen and DCG.

Thanks Tailspin for your replies!!

Mike aka 361st_Avid