PDA

View Full Version : What time period would you like for a TRILOGY (not individual game)

SWalker82
12-18-2015, 02:14 AM
I know many of us have debated about where the next game should go time and time again, HOWEVER, what I think made the Ezio trilogy (besides the great story) successful and thus possible was the time period. Regardless if you love or hate Connor for example I do not think the time-frame of Revolutionary America could have been 3 games deep. We could argue that as well, but I think what made the Ezio trilogy so great was that the time period of the Italian Renaissance/Ottoman Empire had the ability to be 2-3 games.

I am a big favorite of trilogies in AC (if the story is great obviously) but I think it must be over a time period that lasted over a prolonged period of time.

So my ? is. What Historical ERA would you like to see that could span 2-3 games. Idon't mean ERA as in the American Civil War for instance but like The Renaissance or Crusades. The trilogy could feature the same character like Ezio or could feature multiple characters with connections to the original character such as the Kenways.

Personally my choice is Tudor England. It covers over 100 years and has so much intrigue, vice and murder it could easily be a game. The battles with the Church as well can easily be exploited. It obviously features 3 famous monarchs in King Henry VIII, Mary I and Elizabeth I. The era also has constant alliances being made/broken with the French & Spanish. The era also has many historical characters well known and lesser known.

I however do not think we will get a Tudor England game because of Syndicate England and bc it is close in time to Ezio but I still think it would be a great 2-3 game(s).

The 1st game could deal with King Henry VIII long reign
The 2nd game could deal with Edward/Mary/Elizabeth reigns.

There is obviously NO WRONG answer because it is all opinion but where would you all like to see a 2-3 Game Saga in a particular Time Period. (Remember not a 1 and done game, but a 2-3 gamer)

RinoTheBouncer
12-18-2015, 02:28 AM
I think a trilogy set in Iraq, during the Abbasid Age, pre, during and post Mongol invasion and during the Ottoman Empire occupation and the other during the Arab Revolution would be epic. We could do 3 different ancestors in three important times in Iraq's history would be amazing. Perhaps we could visit the Sumerian, Babylonian, Golden Islamic age would be my No.1 thing.

SixKeys
12-18-2015, 04:29 AM
Victorian era, purely because it's my favorite time period. We already have Syndicate, but I would love for them to go earlier, like between 1830-1850.

briangade
12-18-2015, 06:20 AM
1st game set during the 1st Afghan war (1839-42)

2nd game set during the 1st and 2nd Anglo-Sikh war (1845-46 and 1848-49)

3rd game set in modern time where we get to use all the clues that was found in the first two games to close out the story.

VestigialLlama4
12-18-2015, 06:25 AM
In terms of trilogies, I think they should do a big English trilogy. They did Victorian London, they should do Elizabethan/Jacobean London (and the architecture is so different, with buildings that no longer exist that it would be a totally different city) and maybe England during the Civil War or the Great Fire.

I think the Victorian Era is played out with Syndicate. But if people want more Fryes they can have them travel around the world.

Send the Fryes to Paris in 1871, the year of the Commune. It's set in a two-month period, has a lot of violence and interesting elements, and it will be a totally new Paris from the one in Unity (this is post-Haussmann's renovation), the Wild West or Gangs Of New York-era, or Russia (have Jacob hang out with Totstoy and Dostoevsky).

cawatrooper9
12-18-2015, 03:49 PM
Depends on what you mean. If you're consider the Kenway saga to be a trilogy (or at least the idea of organizing a trilogy where the protagonist is different but related to each other in each game), I'd like to see a Classical era game- one in ancient Rome, one in the Carthage area (complete with sailing), and one in the North (Gaul and beyond). It could focus on three siblings, or a familial blood line, whatever works.

If we're talking about just one person being the protagonist- I'm afraid the most interesting way to do this is to feature even more modern eras, given how exponentially technology and global relations have increased in the last century. We could have a WWI game, a WWI game, and a Cold War game (I know, I'm not being overly creative right now)- If they did this, though, I think my preferred order would be WWII, Cold War, WWI. That way, we'd start off with something that gamers are more than familiar with (though hopefully with some twist, delve into the Cold War, and end in WWI (which I think stands as a sort of lynchpin of the "old games" like ACU and ACS and the more modern era).

orionsrise
12-19-2015, 07:41 AM
I know a lot of people hate the suggestion, but I like the idea of a trilogy set in japan. I prefer the Genji Epoch vs the warring states.(predates ninja's abit but that's ok with me)
I'd like to revisit Connor in the Federal era. Right up and possibly through the war of 1812. Roman era could be great as well as ancient Egypt and Messopotamia. I'd like to go all over I guess.

Consus_E
12-19-2015, 09:22 AM
WW1 trilogy, each game with a different setting taking place simultaneously.

RVSage
12-19-2015, 11:15 AM
Well I would love a Indian trilogy, either in the Maurya period up north or Pallava period down south.

LoyalACFan
12-19-2015, 05:13 PM
Well... The Italian Renaissance, to be frank. I absolutely love it, it's my favorite area of study in world history and it's basically what got me interested in AC in the first place. But obviously, it's been done already (though I can't say I'd be opposed to a reboot).

Had I been asked this question pre-Unity, I would have said the Napoleonic era. Game 1 in the Parisian Reign of Terror, Game 2 in the fall of the Holy Roman Empire, and Game 3 in the invasion of Russia. Ideally not with the same character throughout, though; we would go from a Frenchman to an Austrian to a Russian. But Unity essentially killed my enthusiasm for this idea by completely botching revolutionary France.

I guess since my #1 and #2 options are blowing in the wind, I'd have to go with a Connor trilogy, with the next two games venturing into Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana during Tecumseh's War. Though I may be a bit biased because I grew up right smack in the middle of where that war was fought. I mainly just want to see AC3's legacy live up to its original potential.

Megas_Doux
12-19-2015, 06:28 PM
Syndicate's era, actually.... I mean, The British Empire was EVERYWHERE; one could go from the Raj in India, to China and the Opium Wars, the Meiji era in Japan and the whole imperialism in Africa with Egpyt leading the possible places.

Back in the day -pre 2011- the idea of almost anything after 1800s made me puke. However these days, I really dig those settings above -yeah, even Meiji Japan- due the whole overall sheer fun of the Trains, carriages, steam ships and such. Plus, I do you enjoy having several styles of architecture and the already mentioned options offer that.

In terms of trilogies, I think they should do a big English trilogy. They did Victorian London, they should do Elizabethan/Jacobean London (and the architecture is so different, with buildings that no longer exist that it would be a totally different city) and maybe England during the Civil War or the Great Fire.

You know, I'm aware of the big mega/extra work my idea would take, but I would KILL for having at least two or three historical sequences like the WWI one. It doesn't have to be a big map, but imagine a scenario in which in syndicate, you could explore the history of the artifact in question or the respective branches of the templars/assassins throughout different ages of the country in which your game is set in. One could go from the 'Robin hood era' to the Tudor period/ Guy fawkes gunpowder plot.

Or egypt, you set the game on the Anglo-Egyptian War or the Napoleonic wars and then go to the ancient and medieval times.

ERICATHERINE
12-19-2015, 07:05 PM
Top 1. A world war 2 trilogie. I know that war wasn't that long compared to other time period, but syndicate proved an ac game story can last in less than a year. We could even kill Adolf Hitler, considering the fact a Templar of that time refered to another templar as A in a glyph (sorry I don't remember if it has been said in ac ii or ac b).

Top 2. A modern day trilogie. We could play as Galina or as an initiates, in that one. Unfortunately, I know very well that if ubisoft do that, one day, it might sound the end of ac. On of the game could be about killing some templar from the inner circle, the second game could be about killing the rest of them and the trird and finnal game could be about killing Juno (and maybe a sage, too).

Top 3. We could have a second game about many other character at the same time. We could start by seeing Aveline (now a very old woman) arrive at the homestead, where Connor (now a very old man) is waiting for her. Then Eseosa (Adewale's grand son) arrive at homestead, as acinitiates.com showed us in the lore (I think it was called "letter to the dead" or something like that). Then, Arno could arrive to get info about Shay, after having learned that he killed his biological father, only to learn that he is in the usa. The Templar leader in the game would be Shay, obviously. These Assassins would unite their force to stop Shay's plan, which would be to do another americain revolution (as Shay mentioned at the end of ac rogue). ^-^

VestigialLlama4
12-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Syndicate's era, actually.... I mean, The British Empire was EVERYWHERE; one could go from the Raj in India, to China and the Opium Wars, the Meiji era in Japan and the whole imperialism in Africa with Egpyt leading the possible places.

Back in the day -pre 2011- the idea of almost anything after 1800s made me puke. However these days, I really dig those settings above -yeah, even Meiji Japan- due the whole overall sheer fun of the Trains, carriages, steam ships and such. Plus, I do you enjoy having several styles of architecture and the already mentioned options offer that.

For me its 20s Berlin or Bust. You can start the game at the end of World War 1...you can have dogfights with the Red Baron (Red Biplane with a Black Cross, totally a Templar!) and then assassinate him. Then you can help Lenin get a train to Moscow to start that revolution of his. The Germans sent him in real life in the hope that he would f--k s--t up and boy did he do that. Then you have the Bavarian Revolution and the rise of the Weimar Republic...and then you have a nice 13 year period in Germany as it slowly goes to hell. You can show the early years of the Great Depression...it's an incredible era. And this was a time of huge crime and corruption. There were 376 political assassinations in this era and that's only the numbers we know about.

You know, I'm aware of the big mega/extra work my idea would take, but I would KILL for having at least two or three historical sequences like the WWI one. It doesn't have to be a big map, but imagine a scenario in which in syndicate, you could explore the history of the artifact in question or the respective branches of the templars/assassins throughout different ages of the country in which your game is set in. One could go from the 'Robin hood era' to the Tudor period/ Guy fawkes gunpowder plot.

I think Time Anomalies is here to stay, it's a wonderful concept and feature and it's a superior take on the Assassin Tombs....the levels are their own reward. Part of me wouldn't have minded them doing a Time Anomalies in...1960s London.

Or egypt, you set the game on the Anglo-Egyptian War or the Napoleonic wars and then go to the ancient and medieval times.

You know the thing about Egypt is that a lot of the cool eras people want is in multiple times. If you want say the city of Cairo...then you have to go post 1000 AD because it was a city built by the Arabs. If you want Alexandria, then you have the Ptolemaic Dynasty, a fair bit after the pharaohs. If you want the Pharaohs you want the right period, not too late and not too early.

So my feeling is that the way to make an Ancient Egyptian game is to do multiple cities, but each city in a different time line. So you can have Giza in the time of the Pharoahs (maybe Rameses that way you can have Moses), then you can go to Alexandria around the time of Cleopatra VII, and then you can go to Napoleonic era Egypt, where you have Cairo, after the Ottomans. You do it this way and time it right you can do an Egyptian game that has, in theory, Rameses, Akhenaten, Moses, Alexander, Cleopatra, Julius Caesar, Napoleon in one game.

SWalker82
12-19-2015, 11:56 PM
. But Unity essentially killed my enthusiasm for this idea by completely botching revolutionary France.

100% agreed. In my opinion the game should have focused heavily on the Reign of Terror/Robespierre. It should have also had a scene with Lafayette considering AC3 and the way the game was shown on tv promos with the guillotine we had what 1 scene in the game with such (the King)

Many people have made the suggestion and I have thought of it myself as well. I also believe that you may see a future Creed game do such: Where you have 1 location over different time periods. Be a neat change of pace to have this.

Farlander1991
12-20-2015, 12:00 AM
My answer is going to be kinda cheating I guess, cause it will be... I don't want a trilogy.

desmondlines
12-20-2015, 02:00 AM
China, with Connor as the protagonist of the past and Desmond as the principal of this being that the game would focus but Desmond and this would not use the Animus to access the game memories would happen in 1793 or beyond.

I-Like-Pie45
12-20-2015, 02:58 AM
Underworld USA Trilogy, play as Templars changing US history from the shadows

Game 1, codename Tabloid USA: The late 50s and early 60s. Players will invade the Bay of Pigs and go after none other than JFK himself on the orders of the Templar Order's Grand Master J. Edger Hoover
Game 2, codename Chill 6K: Players continue through the 60s, working on the Templar Order's behalf to hinder the Civil Rights Movement and anti-Vietnam protests, and ensure the rise of Nixon by taking RFK to meet his bro.
Game 3, codename Roving Bleed: The Assassins strike back as the American war effort in Vietnam collapses and Nixon slips up with Watergate

whatr_those
12-20-2015, 03:05 AM
Oh God, please not another trilogy.

ze_topazio
12-20-2015, 03:41 AM
Can be just a loosely connected trilogy, a thematic trilogy of sorts.

Ancient World Trilogy: Egypt - Mesopotamia - Rome

East Asia Trilogy: China - Japan - Korea

Islamic Empire Trilogy: Rashidun Caliphate or Umayyad Caliphate - Abbasid Caliphate - al-Andalus/Hispania(Reconquista)

Discovery Age Trilogy: Portugal/Spain - Spanish Conquests in America - Portuguese arrival at India

Portuguese Empire Trilogy :cool: :

Portugal: Life in the colonial metropolis and where the money is spent.

Brazil: Where the money is made powered by slavery.

Angola: Where the slaves come from.

Sushiglutton
12-22-2015, 04:29 PM
I think a trilogy set in Iraq, during the Abbasid Age, pre, during and post Mongol invasion and during the Ottoman Empire occupation and the other during the Arab Revolution would be epic. We could do 3 different ancestors in three important times in Iraq's history would be amazing. Perhaps we could visit the Sumerian, Babylonian, Golden Islamic age would be my No.1 thing.

I support the Iraq concept completely! I'm actually reading a bit about the middle east and Islam atm (pure amateur still I'm afraid). Read Reza Aslan's book about Islam and in one chapter he discusses the conflict between the Rationalist school of thought and the Tradionalist. It would be an interesting backdrop as I've read elsewhere that some think this debate has ramifications for the Middle East today. It's also not a black and white conflict as the Rationalists performed a kind of Inquisition towards the Tradionalists.

Perhaps it would be a bit too controversial, but it could potentially be very interesting!

RegeRoka
12-22-2015, 06:38 PM
Well, I would be satisfied with a Frye saga. It can be a trilogy with a pre- and a post Syndicate game.
But what I would like to play the most is a WW1 game.

crusader_prophet
12-22-2015, 07:43 PM
A 3-4 game series during Mauryan Period or Mughal Period (with Tipu Sultan!)

Well, I would be satisfied with a Frye saga. It can be a trilogy with a pre- and a post Syndicate game.
But what I would like to play the most is a WW1 game.

Yeah that is what most likely going to happen I think

CrossedEagle
12-22-2015, 08:50 PM
I'd love a French Revolution/Napoleonic era trilogy. Another idea I had was a very loosely connected trilogy about ancient empires. The first would be Ancient Egypt, then Ancient Greece, and then Ancient Rome.

Syndicate was too modern for me to want another like it even though I liked the Frye family.I do think that their story is adequately covered with Syndicate, Jack the Ripper, and the rift though.

crusader_prophet
12-22-2015, 11:05 PM
Another idea I had was a very loosely connected trilogy about ancient empires. The first would be Ancient Egypt, then Ancient Greece, and then Ancient Rome.

Now that would be a sight to behold! Political conspiracies, greatest architectures, scholars all around and sneaky assassins in the shadows.

Syndicate was too modern for me to want another like it even though I liked the Frye family.I do think that their story is adequately covered with Syndicate, Jack the Ripper, and the rift though.

I thought I was the only one who felt Syndicate was too modern for an AC game.

KingL0c4l
12-30-2015, 05:43 AM
With all the hype about AC2 I decided I'd finally give the series a try. I was going to wait till most of the games were Bc, but I can't wait anymore. It's going to crush me to do it too...

And with that being said I'm some what familiar with the locations. I thought BF was kinda cheesy, everything after that I wasn't too interested in except I liked the time settings. But I'd want it set in mexico/california/navada. The discovery of California and the missions, and crossing the mountains for the gold rush. All the Native American lore. The rise of L.A, Reno. And San Francisco. The Spanish/American war. Zapata. The Mexican revolution. Smuggling guns and sabotage. Hunting buffalo and other animals. Collecting plants and herbs for medicine. The red woods. Big foot.

I could keep going but I don't want to spoil the fun...

cawatrooper9
12-30-2015, 03:58 PM
With all the hype about AC2 I decided I'd finally give the series a try. I was going to wait till most of the games were Bc, but I can't wait anymore. It's going to crush me to do it too...

I realize this is slightly off topic so I'll throw in some topic tax at the end of this post, but when did you start the series? I started a complete playthrough with all DLC and Liberation in early November, and I'm wrapping up Unity this weekend. It's quite an ordeal, but totally worth it.

For topic tax, how about this idea: a trilogy following generations in a family constantly fleeing persecution. Maybe they start in Portuguese controlled Africa in the first game and head to Lisbon at the end of it to kill off the main antagonist- the second game in Lisbon takes place in the late 1500s and early 1600s, begins with the character as a Portuguese sailor working in the Spanish Armada in 1588 when it is sunk by the English. He/she gets washed up on the shores of France during the French Wars of Religion (a very intriguing time for the series), eventually culminating in the character heading to England either for another final Assassination, or afterward to settle. The final game in the Trilogy could begin briefly in London, but take place in the Puritan American colonies, eventually forcing the character to flee with their family far south where they'll find the Maya- this could allow for some explanation on how the Mayan brotherhood got its official founding, and also could allow for some Revelations style flashbacks to the conquest of the Maya and Aztec (though honestly, I wouldn't mind that being a game either).

Namikaze_17
12-31-2015, 06:58 AM
A prequel with Ethan or India/Wild West game with matured Frye twins would be nice; though in general, I think sequels themselves get kinda played out and don't exactly work out long-term if you think about it.

dimbismp
12-31-2015, 11:56 AM
Ancient world saga(thematically similar stories):

Assassin's creed:A new Hope
Play as a Templar in ancient Babylon during the order's first days

Assassin's Creed:The Assassins strike back
Ancient Egypt.The assassins finally realise that they umderestimated the Templar order and decide to strike back!

Assassin's Creed:The return of the Cross
Ancient Greece.The Templars not only survived the onslaught,but they are manipulating the greek city-states,which results in the peloponnisian war.

Assassin's Creed:The Creed awakens
Ancient Rome.The templars completely control the senate.It is time for the assasins to put an end to them once and for all

ERICATHERINE
12-31-2015, 02:54 PM

Ancient Rome.The templars completely control the senate.It is time for the assasins to put an end to them once and for all

For the first one, you should know by now that the Templar order was founded way before that time. (Cain)

Also, since the Templar are order are in modern day, I don't think ubisoft would say "to put an end to them ONCE AND FOR ALL". :rolleyes:

But that some good idea anyway. ^-^

CrossedEagle
12-31-2015, 06:20 PM

Assassin's Creed:The Assassins strike back
Ancient Egypt.The assassins finally realise that they umderestimated the Templar order and decide to strike back!

Assassin's Creed:The return of the Cross
Ancient Greece.The Templars not only survived the onslaught,but they are manipulating the greek city-states,which results in the peloponnisian war.

Ancient Rome.The templars completely control the senate.It is time for the assassins to put an end to them once and for all

I'd play this. So much. I just prefer older stuff to the new I think.

xRPDxNemesis
01-02-2016, 05:01 AM
What better assassins than the NINJAS!!! Weapons galore from the katana, bow and arrow, throwing stars and knives, blow darts, spears, knife and chain, smoke bombs, etc. An Assassin's Creed game set in this era would be epic spanning hundreds of years. Ubisoft needs to get on this!!!

J_Ninja_92
01-02-2016, 06:37 PM
What better assassins than the NINJAS!!! Weapons galore from the katana, bow and arrow, throwing stars and knives, blow darts, spears, knife and chain, smoke bombs, etc. An Assassin's Creed game set in this era would be epic spanning hundreds of years. Ubisoft needs to get on this!!!

I agree: Ninjas!

J_Ninja_92
01-02-2016, 06:42 PM
Ninjas are assassins. For those who were thinking samurai for this time period: Samurai worked for the lords/government and further, they abided by Bushido (an honor code) so they were hardly assassins, historically. Hence, if this game is to follow its trend of being historical (at all), give us ninjas in Japan! Further, the whole game play, from the beginning of the franchise, has been ninja like: I mean, who wasn't reminded of the ninjas from the very first game? The fact they we jump and climb (just about anything), hide in the shadows, and kill silently, is all ninja-esk: we better be a ninja in the next game. I mean hoods are iconic for both assassins creed and ninjas! Let's go Ubisoft!

GunnerGalactico
01-02-2016, 06:57 PM
Feudal Japan is also one of my favourite time periods in history, but even I feel that having an AC trilogy about it is an overkill.

Megas_Doux
01-02-2016, 07:01 PM
I could dig Meiji Japan, but the feudal period is a no-no for me not because the age itself, but mostly due to its strong/annoying advocators. For the lack/impossibility to use a better word.

Black_Widow9
01-02-2016, 11:03 PM
Please use this thread for any further discussion.
Future Assassin's Creed games Location & Setting Discussion (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1362707)

Thanks