PDA

View Full Version : ACS (No Spoilers) - The most awesome bounty hunt happened to me today

Farlander1991
12-17-2015, 07:30 PM
So I've just finished with today's session of Syndicate, and I think I've just experienced not just the best systemic moment I had in Syndicate, but also the best systemic moment among many other games for quite some time. I at first wanted to post about this in 'it's the little things', but it's quite a long story, so not a little thing, and I think it's worthy of a little thread. Hope you enjoy the read.

So I was completing a Bounty Hunt mission in The Strand (I've completed Sequence 7 and the Strand is the last borough I need to liberate), as Jacob. So, I kidnapped the target and got her out of the area, you know, the usual thing, and I've put her in a nearby carriage. And as I entered, she started yelling and calling back-up. Now, this happens in not all, but a lot of Bounty Hunt missions, so it's not that exciting. 'Oh look, there's like... woah, 5-6 carriages after me now, didn't have that many before' But still, pretty standard, by this point at least.

So as I was driving the carriage with the hostage and the Blighters carriages were getting close to me, I rode by two Rooks carriages, and they've joined the chase as well, to start fighting and ramming the Blighters. As a side note, when I started out I actually didn't care about the Rooks or used them at all, but as I went on and just tried experimenting and stuff like that, I came to like those green bastards. Especially here when they saw their boss is in danger and immediately began assisting.

So as I was driving and ramming a carriage, another one flanked me and there was a Blighter who jumped on my roof. I tried to shake him off, but couldn't, so I went on the roof myself to fight him before he hijacked the vehicle. And as I beat him up and avoid bullets fired at me, I see how one of my Rook carriages managed to smash one of the Blighter carriages into a wall, so for them it was 2v3 at this point (there were 2 Blighter carriages on both side of me). One Rook and Blighter carriage, while fighting each other, turned somewhere and went out of the view, I killed the guy on top of my carriage, and got back to driving.

As I've smashed a carriage and was approaching an intersection, a moment that's so in style of Syndicate happened. On the road perpendicular to the one I was riding, the Rook and Blighter carriage who got separated from the fight just passed by us still fighting, I almost crashed into them head on when they passed, and they continued driving somewhere into the distance.

All was well and good, however, there was a police carriage somewhere nearby. I don't know where, I've just heard the whistle, and they were following us. I eventually got to the drop off point (killing a Blighter carriage on the way), and jumped out of the carriage, I thought I lost all enemies but I was still not anonymous. The Rook carriage crashed into the one with the prisoner. And then I see not one (there should've been one) but 3 Blighter carriages arriving. And there was police behind them too. And those carriages, they didn't stop smoothly, because at this point there was sort of a small traffic jam as there were civilian carriages caught up in this, it as a mess, we started fighting, all Blighters were killed, luckily for me police didn't attack neither me nor my Rooks after that, they just left.

I became anonymous, and at this point, as my carriage was at the drop off point, the Bounty Hunt should've been completed. But it wasn't. I approach the carriage that's at the drop off point, and there's nobody inside. But targets don't run away from carriages! And the goal is not failed, and I turn on eagle vision, I have no idea if you see bounty hunt targets in carriages or not with it, and there's like lots there at this point, so I just look inside in each carriage.

And on one hand I'm frustrated and afraid that it's a bug and I need to do a do-over. On the other hand, this felt so Jacob. Stealthily complete a mission only to have a carriage chase over London, and get out into a brawl fight only to have your target literally lost somewhere. And I'm like searching all these carriages, and then there was the, what I think at least was, the second Rook carriage that was assisting me (maybe it was a different one, I don't know, I like to think it's the same one), and arrived to my spot, and they asked me how I was doing or something, and I wished I could answer them 'not good, I don't know where my bloody bounty is!' And I'm looking at the map and there's no indicator or anything.

So I go onto a nearby intersection hoping that maybe my carriage due to all the mess just moved away a bit, and then I see in there's a traffic jam, nobody can pass because there's a carriage in the middle of the street. I run to it, and yes, that was my carriage, with the bounty inside! Whew! So, yeah, I get onto it, and as I navigate out of the traffic jam to get back to the delivery spot, Jacob says the phrase that I really hoped he'd say as it was very fitting for this situation. And he did. "Who's a good horse? You are."

Thus concludes the most epic bounty hunt mission I've ever had in Syndicate. Hope you've enjoyed the story.

SixKeys
12-17-2015, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the hilarious description, sounds epic indeed. I've had that experience where I accidentally get on the wrong cart and leave my bounty behind.

BTW, you can, in fact, see bounty targets inside carriages with Eagle Vision. Just for future reference.

BananaBlighter
12-17-2015, 11:30 PM
I love Syndicate, it can be really great when cool things like this happen. Though, I was under the impression that when you stray too far from your target the mission resets, at least I think (vaguely remember) that's what has happened to me before in similar situations.

Farlander1991
12-17-2015, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the hilarious description, sounds epic indeed. I've had that experience where I accidentally get on the wrong cart and leave my bounty behind.

BTW, you can, in fact, see bounty targets inside carriages with Eagle Vision. Just for future reference.

Thanks, good to know :) Means the target was outside of my Eagle Vision range from the position I was in.

I love Syndicate, it can be really great when cool things like this happen. Though, I was under the impression that when you stray too far from your target the mission resets, at least I think (vaguely remember) that's what has happened to me before in similar situations.

Well, the reset is very lenient, you have to be like 2 or more blocks away from my experience (and I think the distance varies for reset between the different goals, so when target is not in its original zone it's higher in case, for example, it goes onto carriage and you have to chase it that way). The horse essentially moved a bit more than half a block, so it was far enough behind the turn of the intersection for it to not be in sight and me to not see it with Eagle Vision but close enough for the mission to not fail.