PDA

View Full Version : How About a Civil War Title?

drgn-assassin4
12-17-2015, 04:54 PM
Usually I don't think of a next title so close of a recent game release, but I am reading an interesting book of the Civil War in 1891. Yes it would be going backwards in the AC series, but Fort Sumter and with a new era of Southern civilization.
In this book there are four women who worked as spies. Interesting how this happened. Maybe meeting historical figures like Lee, Walt Whitman. etc.
Just a thought. It was a big pivot in history which is something I enjoy of AC. You go back in history. Sad to say it is not my strong subject, but since playing I have learned details I either didn't pay attention to in school, or am ignorant of.
What do you think?

MrkillerhomerxD
12-17-2015, 05:37 PM
1891? that would be forward in time, ACS took place in 1868, jack the ripper i would think takes place in 1888 (i dont read about it to avoid ANY spoiler about it so i could be wrong)

me i would love to see an AC game with VIKINGS because... vikings thats why! (oh and i also just rewatched vikings season 1 to 3)
or an AC game taking place in good old rome? (roma or what ever the city is called) with Caesar there.
or hell an AC game that look back at the beginning of the AC brotherhood, since in ACS i remember reading about how assassins and tempers have been around for a LONG LONG time.
i would also LOVE an sequel to ACS with Jacob and Evie, or with Edward!
hell there is just so many things i still wanna do in the AC universe. like a short game priced at like 15-20$ that takes place in present day and nothing else, shouldnt be longer then like 10 hours (and it should be a side game and not the yearly AAA AC game).

for them to make a game for all my dreams they need to make AC games for the next 20+ years lol =), that being said, i do hope we are no where near the final game, please be at least 5-10 years away =)

Frag_Maniac
12-18-2015, 09:44 PM
The American Civil War is too close to the same time period of Syndicate, and it went from 1861 - 1865 btw. I'd rather they go beyond that and have it set in the outlaw west that followed the Civil War. There were a LOT of iconic outlaws and US Marshals in that time period.

If they want to keep swordplay they could have the protagonist as a former Cavalry officer's son that starts out Templar with his father's Cavalry sword, and ends up Assassin. That kind of duality was one of the best things about Rogue, only this time it would be in reverse, as he learns of the brutality of the Cavalry.

MrkillerhomerxD
12-20-2015, 07:27 PM
The American Civil War is too close to the same time period of Syndicate, and it went from 1861 - 1865 btw. I'd rather they go beyond that and have it set in the outlaw west that followed the Civil War. There were a LOT of iconic outlaws and US Marshals in that time period.

If they want to keep swordplay they could have the protagonist as a former Cavalry officer's son that starts out Templar with his father's Cavalry sword, and ends up Assassin. That kind of duality was one of the best things about Rogue, only this time it would be in reverse, as he learns of the brutality of the Cavalry.

an AC game with you starting as a Templar that turns assassin? i would love to try that. but maybe up the game by being a grand master going assassin. like in the first game the leader of the assassins went bat-sh*t crazy =P the 1 you been working for all game, its been many years since i played the first AC game so i dont remember how it went down that good =)