PDA

View Full Version : OS X: I've gotta play from the second instalment?!

joshuan286
12-16-2015, 03:44 PM
Okay, it's probably been asked before, but why is there only one game out on OS X and it's not even the first instalment in the franchise?

I asked Ubisoft about this and they didn't give me an answer, not a proper one, all I got was directed here.

How am I supposed to play a game from the middle in, who made that choice?

So, seasoned gamers, am I truly missing anything? Is the first one skippable? I doubt it as there is a second! But what of all the others, there's more than two, I know it..

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

YazX_
12-16-2015, 05:05 PM
As Personal Opinion, the large majority are playing on Windows and just a small fraction of gamers are playing on MAC and Linux, and there are good amount of these people having dual boot on their systems with windows and MAC/Linux, so this is the only thing i can think of.

Why don't you install Windows and have Dual boot system? it is much easier and better IMO.

strigoi1958
12-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Hmm that's a shame, but as YazX suggests... Dual boot gives you the best of all choices. The first AC was ground breaking, although it might not seem so now. Gameplay wise it is not very important BUT if you like the story and the lore then it is important to start there first.
AC2 is probably the most liked by the majority of AC fans but although it's a great game it was a little bit tricky for me. After that there are AC brotherhood and Revelations which are both incredible. Then AC3 (my favourite) set in America at a great time.
AC4 Black Flag... Assassins and sailing, naval battles and set in South America
AC Unity the French revolution and Syndicate in England ... well London
there are also sub games... like AC liberation and Freedom Cry
there is a theme that runs through all of them and I think it best to play them in the order they were released, but there is a chronological order... but it gets a little bit complex.

But welcome to the forums :)

joshuan286
12-16-2015, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll note all that down.

I like to play things in order, I am an old gamer so not taken by just graphics, story is important.

Being English it appeals to me, I like the theme.

I know about Window vs OS X and console markets, I just don't see why Ubisoft released № 2 before the first, it seems so daft.

Thanks!

shezzor
12-19-2015, 01:39 AM
Might be due to AC1 being released before the whole new UPlay thing.