PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous censorship in UAE (AC Syndicate)

NAVID4ASSASSIN
12-15-2015, 12:09 PM
hi, i just want to share this sad moment with u guys when i cant play jack the ripper dlc because of censorship of UAE, the problem is my psn account is for UAE sadly, but no thankfully im not an arab just in case but anyway, yea in the first place the season pass of syndicate wasn't available in the first place for me, i knew something is wrong. then the stupid game censored the kissing part of jacob in end of seq8 with a freaking white screen, now that the uae psn store is updated completely, i realized jack the ripper wont be available for my region, so yea whats up with this stupid censors in uae, they treat like **** with syndicate no preorder no season pass no jack the ripper, like im speechless, anyways, have fun with ur jack the ripper dlc and i forever regret choosing uae for my region of psn account.:(:(:(:(

pacmanate
12-15-2015, 12:23 PM
Unfortunately that isn't Ubisoft's fault.

I feel bad for you though, I hate censorship in different regions.

This won't work for Syndicate because you can't buy things from different regions and mix and match, but:

The only thing I can say to you is for the future, make a UK or USA Playstation account, google how to do it. That way you can buy stuff off the UK or USA Store using Vouchers.

NAVID4ASSASSIN
12-15-2015, 01:06 PM
yea i know it is not on ubisofts part, as a long time fan its the first time that i cant completely play my AC game with all of the dlcs, but yea i should make another account and start again there so i can play some dlcs that are not available for other regions like uae, and im sure that way the prices are way cheaper compared uae to usa.

pacmanate
12-15-2015, 02:20 PM
yea i know it is not on ubisofts part, as a long time fan its the first time that i cant completely play my AC game with all of the dlcs, but yea i should make another account and start again there so i can play some dlcs that are not available for other regions like uae, and im sure that way the prices are way cheaper compared uae to usa.

Yeah, thats why I did it too. Prices on the USA store are cheaper than the UK one

Assassin_M
12-15-2015, 04:38 PM
but no thankfully im not an arab just in case
Woah, there, buddy. Calm down.

cawatrooper9
12-15-2015, 05:26 PM
Weird...
I wonder why it's censored.

crusader_prophet
12-15-2015, 06:29 PM
but no thankfully im not an arab just in case

What's wrong with someone being an Arab?

UbiJustin
12-15-2015, 07:24 PM
We will not be releasing the Jack The Ripper content (and therefore Season Pass) in Oman, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, and Bahrain due to the sensitive nature of this content.

An infraction has been issued to the OP. Please be respectful of all races, religions, and genders as per our ToS. I will also be closing this thread.