PDA

View Full Version : The traitors. ^-^ soilers, obviously.

ERICATHERINE
12-15-2015, 03:57 AM
I won't do a poll about this, because I counted more than 10 traitors in the assassins creed universe that I know about. If you know a traitor in assassin's creed that I won't mention, you're welcome to write it's name. I just have 1 request about this thread and it's to not talk about the Jack the ripper dlc unless you put it in a spoiler tag.

So, my question is simple. Who, from your point of view, was the best traitor in the ac universe (book, game, video, dlc).

The reason I ask this is : what would a game like ac would be without bad guys. I know I could have asked about "the bad guys in general", but then I thinked that there would have been a much greater list and that the definition of a bad guy is too much subjective (for a quick exemple we all think while watching star wars that dart Sidious is the main bad guy, but from his point of view we could easily think Luke and the others are terrorist). So I thinked about the people that are often considered as bad guys in storys (and I know it's not alsway the case) : the traitors.

Here is a list of the people I remember being traitors in the ac world. You're welcome to put other names of ac traitors in the list if you find any I won't write.

This is your final warning before many spoilers. I'll put the name of the traitors, below. The spoilers about them are at their side and goes as long as there is before the next name.

Al Mualim (he send Altaïr to kill his allies in the Templars order, before betraying his Assassins order)

Abbas Sofian (he nearly destroyed the brotherhood)

Lucy Stillman (she tried to find the apple for the Templars, while being an Assassin)

Uberto Alberti (he betrayed his long time friend by trying to kill his family)

Caterina Sforza (she killed her husband)

The "one eye thief of the villa" in brotherhood (I don't have proof he's a trator, except Ezio called him like that)

Cesare Borgia (too much traitor act to tell them all)

The Assassin trator from the hideout story mission (sorry I don't remember it's name) (he killed his ancient Assassins allies in the name of Templars)

The grand master Templar from assassin's creed revelations (he tried to kill Sofia Sartor even after Ezio gave him the memory discs of eden)

Reginald Birch (he paid mercenaries to kidnaped and sales the girl he loved and to kill her father)

Connor Kenway and Haytam Kenway (they tried to kill each other while they have a father and son relation)

Benedict Arnold (the description of it's dlc aid that he was the greatest traitor in the history of America)

Benjamin Church (he betrayed the Templars order)

Benjamin Ornigold (he betrayed his pirate friends to become a Templar)

Laurence Prince (he tried to sell the sage while he was his employe)

Black Bart (he betrayed Edward Kenway at the obsevatory)

John Standish (he betrayed our floating tablet)

Shay Patrc Cormac (it's entire game is about his betrayals)

Madeleine de l'Isle (She killed her husband)

Agate (he tried to killed his apprentice, Aveline de grand-pré)

The sage Germain (he took over the Templar order by trying to kill the entire de la serre family and followers)

So, which of these or other traitor do you think was the best traitor?

Feel free to discuss. ^-^

D.I.D.
12-15-2015, 06:56 AM
For elegance of treachery, Al Mualim.

For sheer amphibian sliminess, Uberto Alberti.

For the most blameless duplicity, Benjamin Hornigold. Not a likeable person with his racism and general unpleasantness, but given the circumstances it's really hard to argue that he did the wrong thing or acted out of character. He could see the writing on the wall, he's a pirate through and through, and his whole guiding principle is "look after number one". It would have been a much odder choice if he'd decided to stand shoulder to shoulder with that small band to take on the assembled navies of Britain, France, Spain and Portugal rather than leave as a rich man and cut his losses.

cawatrooper9
12-15-2015, 03:47 PM
Wow, looking over this list, I can't help but notice how painfully obvious almost every traitor in the series has been so far.

ERICATHERINE
12-15-2015, 07:49 PM
Wow, looking over this list, I can't help but notice how painfully obvious almost every traitor in the series has been so far.

Yes. From my point of view, I was amazed to see how much traitors ubisoft puted in this franchise, so far. Also, I don't think they will stop puting them in their main games, since every one of these games hsve traitors. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
12-15-2015, 07:54 PM
I won't do a poll about this, because I counted more than 10 traitors in the assassins creed universe that I know about. If you know a traitor in assassin's creed that I won't mention, you're welcome to write it's name. I just have 1 request about this thread and it's to not talk about the Jack the ripper dlc unless you put it in a spoiler tag.

So, my question is simple. Who, from your point of view, was the best traitor in the ac universe (book, game, video, dlc).

The reason I ask this is : what would a game like ac would be without bad guys. I know I could have asked about "the bad guys in general", but then I thinked that there would have been a much greater list and that the definition of a bad guy is too much subjective (for a quick exemple we all think while watching star wars that dart Sidious is the main bad guy, but from his point of view we could easily think Luke and the others are terrorist). So I thinked about the people that are often considered as bad guys in storys (and I know it's not alsway the case) : the traitors.

Here is a list of the people I remember being traitors in the ac world. You're welcome to put other names of ac traitors in the list if you find any I won't write.

This is your final warning before many spoilers. I'll put the name of the traitors, below. The spoilers about them are at their side and goes as long as there is before the next name.

Al Mualim (he send Altaïr to kill his allies in the Templars order, before betraying his Assassins order)

Abbas Sofian (he nearly destroyed the brotherhood)

Lucy Stillman (she tried to find the apple for the Templars, while being an Assassin)

Uberto Alberti (he betrayed his long time friend by trying to kill his family)

Caterina Sforza (she killed her husband)

The "one eye thief of the villa" in brotherhood (I don't have proof he's a trator, except Ezio called him like that)

Cesare Borgia (too much traitor act to tell them all)

The Assassin trator from the hideout story mission (sorry I don't remember it's name) (he killed his ancient Assassins allies in the name of Templars)

The grand master Templar from assassin's creed revelations (he tried to kill Sofia Sartor even after Ezio gave him the memory discs of eden)

Reginald Birch (he paid mercenaries to kidnaped and sales the girl he loved and to kill her father)

Connor Kenway and Haytam Kenway (they tried to kill each other while they have a father and son relation)

Benedict Arnold (the description of it's dlc aid that he was the greatest traitor in the history of America)

Benjamin Church (he betrayed the Templars order)

Benjamin Ornigold (he betrayed his pirate friends to become a Templar)

Laurence Prince (he tried to sell the sage while he was his employe)

Black Bart (he betrayed Edward Kenway at the obsevatory)

John Standish (he betrayed our floating tablet)

Shay Patrc Cormac (it's entire game is about his betrayals)

Madeleine de l'Isle (She killed her husband)

Agate (he tried to killed his apprentice, Aveline de grand-pré)

The sage Germain (he took over the Templar order by trying to kill the entire de la serre family and followers)

So, which of these or other traitor do you think was the best traitor?

Feel free to discuss. ^-^

Edit : just remembered of

Daniel Cross (it wasn't his fault since abstergo brainwashed him)

In syndicate there is the Roth Templar (sorry I don't remember it's first name) (he betrayed Starrick before continuing to try to kill Jacob)

Edit 2 : Pearl Attaway (she asked Jacob to kill a Templar chief while she was one)

VestigialLlama4
12-15-2015, 09:34 PM
When you are doing a story about organizations and factions and ideologies...betrayal is bound to be a common theme.

So all this is nothing really new.

ERICATHERINE
12-15-2015, 11:56 PM
When you are doing a story about organizations and factions and ideologies...betrayal is bound to be a common theme.

So all this is nothing really new.

Well, I didn't said it's new. I just said that I want to know which is the best from the opinion of the players. I also said that I was amazed, when I saw how much traitors there was in the ac world. ^-^

phoenix-force411
12-16-2015, 01:42 AM
Al Mualim was probably my favorite traitor. So discreet, he was. As for Haytham, he chose to stay with the Templars even after knowing the truth. I don't blame him though, because he was a Templar for most of his life after Edward was murdered. Lastly, for Shay, I respect his decision given the current situation with the Assassins. As much as it was weird to see what the Assassins became in Rogue, it can't be denied that it is canon.

ERICATHERINE
12-16-2015, 03:37 AM
Al Mualim was probably my favorite traitor. So discreet, he was. As for Haytham, he chose to stay with the Templars even after knowing the truth. I don't blame him though, because he was a Templar for most of his life after Edward was murdered. Lastly, for Shay, I respect his decision given the current situation with the Assassins. As much as it was weird to see what the Assassins became in Rogue, it can't be denied that it is canon.

I can't seems to choose which trator was the best traitor in the ac universe. I mean, sure, Al Mualim can be a good choice, but Cesare killed his father and he killed his allies for no reason (remember the brother of the guy which had to give money to the brother of Cesare. Cesare killed him just because his brother warned the owner of the city Cesare wanted to attack. I mean, yes, he telled it to his brother, but how could he know his brother would warned the owner).

On the other hand there is Benedict Arnold (he betrayed the entire usa, by selling a fort to the british army, just for money and he then tryed to kill his ex-allies by working for the red coat. Americain remember him enough these days for having them talked about him in an episode of the Simpsons some times ago). ^-^