PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Registers assassinscreedcollection.com

Sushiglutton
12-14-2015, 03:23 PM
Via GAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1156526

http://abload.de/img/untitled11xm3.png

Perhaps Ubi will go for a collection next year to accompany the movie and at the same time buying Montreal an extra year (pleeeeease!!!!)? What say thy oracles of AC? Let the speculations begin mwahahaha!

ze_topazio
12-14-2015, 03:35 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/63525869.jpg

VestigialLlama4
12-14-2015, 03:38 PM
Maybe it's a planned Next-Gen Bundle for all existing AC.

ze_topazio
12-14-2015, 04:07 PM
People at Neogaf are way too hopeful, "maybe they'll release this collection this year instead of new game".

Sorrosyss
12-14-2015, 04:11 PM
Is this just the Chronicles Trilogy collection? I think it's the most likely at this point.

cawatrooper9
12-14-2015, 04:25 PM
I guess speculation is all we have at this point- though it's not uncommon for companies to try to hoard domain names that may or may not have to do with their products, just in case. Ubi may not even be planning on releasing a collection now, but snatched this up just in case they change their mind down the road.

ze_topazio
12-14-2015, 04:25 PM
Is this just the Chronicles Trilogy collection? I think it's the most likely at this point.

Someone suggested that on Neogaf, but someone else pointed out right away that "Chronicles Trilogy" already has a website.

VoXngola
12-14-2015, 04:39 PM
No AC game next year, all we are getting is the Ezio trilogy remastered for current gen consoles and the movie.
I work at Ubisoft and Yves is my long lost brother.

RinoTheBouncer
12-14-2015, 07:18 PM
Assassin's Creed Bundle for PS4. I'd pay $1000 for that.

m4r-k7
12-14-2015, 07:24 PM
Its not Chronicles as that already has a website under the main AC website. I wonder why this is a new website altogether as even if they were doing a remastered collection, wouldn't it come under the main AC website like all the other games? Anyway, I hope it is a remastered collection of AC 1 - AC 3 (Maybe with 4 and Rogue?). I hope its not a Rogue, Unity and Syndicate collection or something like the American Saga collection.

ze_topazio
12-14-2015, 07:39 PM
Assassin's Creed Bundle for PS4. I'd pay $1000 for that.

Don't give them ideas Rino, let's hope is released with a normal price.

Ureh
12-14-2015, 08:04 PM
Either a new clothing and fashion line. Maybe a site devoted solely to memorabilia. Or ports of the last-gen games. :o

NAVID4ASSASSIN
12-14-2015, 08:05 PM
why in the hell everyone wants ubi to take a year off? thats so stupid, how about u guys take a year off and don't play AC and let us have our fun just as we do every year, like damn all of these negativity around ubi and AC is just nonesense and ridiculous, just in case for more ppl to hate, the next game is allready in development u can say by the survey they made in syndicates helix menu, but i would love a proper remaster of ezio trilogy and AC3.

Sorrosyss
12-14-2015, 08:13 PM
Mmm. Good point about the Chronicles site. I suppose it might be a bundle of all the PS4/Xbone games so far. Perhaps with a current gen version of Rogue.

But I suppose it could be anything at this point. Remasters. Collection of the soundtracks. Those three new statues that are coming out. Clothing? (Musterbrand has an Assassin's Creed Collection).

Or it could be the next meta/social experiment platform, like The Hub / Initiates etc. Enjoy it, as it won't last long! lol :p

cawatrooper9
12-14-2015, 08:20 PM
why in the hell everyone wants ubi to take a year off? thats so stupid, how about u guys take a year off and don't play AC and let us have our fun just as we do every year, like damn all of these negativity around ubi and AC is just nonesense and ridiculous, just in case for more ppl to hate, the next game is allready in development u can say by the survey they made in syndicates helix menu, but i would love a proper remaster of ezio trilogy and AC3.

People tend to think that some of the issues of the series have to do with annualization.

Of course, these people have huge misconceptions about the development process and should not be taken seriously.

BananaBlighter
12-14-2015, 08:32 PM
People tend to think that some of the issues of the series have to do with annualization.

Of course, these people have huge misconceptions about the development process and should not be taken seriously.

I personally love that the games keep coming out so I have something to look forward to each year. However I can't help but think that some things like the lack of multiplayer in Syndicate are due to limited time. I mean Ubi even stated it was because they wanted to focus on singleplayer. I'm not saying annualization is completely at fault, but having to develop a new story and city each year leaves less resources for development of mechanics and innovations. Right? As you say some people have huge misconceptions so I'd just like to clear up a few things.

joelsantos24
01-04-2016, 02:02 PM
People at Neogaf are way too hopeful, "maybe they'll release this collection this year instead of new game".
I actually feel this is far more logical, given the rumor that there won't be a new AC game this year. The remastered version of the entire series is long overdue, in my opinion, and if Ubisoft has been preparing the ports, then it's actually quite reasonable to delay the release of the next original game and have it released in perfect conditions in 2017.

Sorrosyss
01-05-2016, 09:23 AM
Given the alleged news that there is no main release in 2016, this domain registration is making all the more sense to be the remaster collection. It would both fill the void, and allow new/younger fans from the movie be able to experience what they likely never played on last gen consoles.

I'm curious as to what they might do about the multiplayer though. Personally I think releasing with the three multiplayer modes on one disc (acb,acr,ac3) is going to massively segregate the player base to the point that they may be really empty. I can't help but think that there may be a new multiplayer mode being introduced, that will carry forward with its own content stream into 2017 - hence why the Egypt game supposedly has no multiplayer either. I may be clutching at the straws again though! ;)

dxsxhxcx
01-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Given the alleged news that there is no main release in 2016, this domain registration is making all the more sense to be the remaster collection. It would both fill the void, and allow new/younger fans from the movie be able to experience what they likely never played on last gen consoles.

I'm curious as to what they might do about the multiplayer though. Personally I think releasing with the three multiplayer modes on one disc (acb,acr,ac3) is going to massively segregate the player base to the point that they may be really empty. I can't help but think that there may be a new multiplayer mode being introduced, that will carry forward with its own content stream into 2017 - hence why the Egypt game supposedly has no multiplayer either. I may be clutching at the straws again though! ;)

AC multiplayer is appealing enough to be its own thing, it would make sense to go that route and keep adding new content based on the main games they release every year, my only fear is that as an ongoing project, this may take too many (needed) resources from the "main" games

Going4Quests
01-05-2016, 01:43 PM
I hope its not a Rogue, Unity and Syndicate collection or something like the American Saga collection.

Unity and Rogue already are in a bundle actually. Digital only though.

joelsantos24
01-05-2016, 03:26 PM
AC multiplayer is appealing enough to be its own thing, it would make sense to go that route and keep adding new content based on the main games they release every year, my only fear is that as an ongoing project, this may take too many (needed) resources from the "main" games
I haven't played Brotherhood, Revelations and AC3 ever since I got my PS4 in 2014, so I have no idea if the servers are still online. But I don't buy this new (hypothetical) multiplayer mode theory, since it seems too farfetched, in my opinion. If they indeed wish to captivate new players (or fans), capitalizing on the movie, then the different multiplayer modes (Brotherhood to Unity) will have to go (or be kept) online at the same time. Server maintenance is indeed quite costful, although.

Sorrosyss
01-05-2016, 04:16 PM
You are right in that there is little evidence of a multiplayer mode coming. Traditionally the multiplayer was handled by some of the smaller studios, so it may not have have that bad an impact on main development.

When Unity announced it had co-op only back in 2014, the devs stated that they still had plans for competitive multiplayer. When Syndicate was announced in May 2015, this time with no multiplayer, Yves stated that they still had plans but too early to talk about it. In December, one of the Chinese studios hinted the same. If we are to take the belief that the Egypt game has no multiplayer either, as reported, then in my view it might suggest that something would launch with the remasters. By the time it hits, the team in question could have spent between two to three years on it. Again, this is all speculation but I can't fathom what else is going on if not that.

ze_topazio
01-05-2016, 04:51 PM
As we have seen in other similar collections the multiplayer modes are probably just going to be simply cut.

Your best bet would be the creation of a new independent Multiplayer mode that unified all the previous multiplayer modes in to one, with all the content you could find in those individual games, but that sounds like too much work for a mere collection of old games.

TO_M
01-05-2016, 05:46 PM
As we have seen in other similar collections the multiplayer modes are probably just going to be simply cut.

Your best bet would be the creation of a new independent Multiplayer mode that unified all the previous multiplayer modes in to one, with all the content you could find in those individual games, but that sounds like too much work for a mere collection of old games.

Couldn't they just use the Black Flag multiplayer server/set-up (which is already on Next-gen) and then add all/some of the characters from previous entries and a few maps as well? So then the "collections" game has all the previous entries (AC1, 2, 3 etc) but uses the AC4 multiplayer system.

joelsantos24
01-05-2016, 06:50 PM
You are right in that there is little evidence of a multiplayer mode coming. Traditionally the multiplayer was handled by some of the smaller studios, so it may not have have that bad an impact on main development.

When Unity announced it had co-op only back in 2014, the devs stated that they still had plans for competitive multiplayer. When Syndicate was announced in May 2015, this time with no multiplayer, Yves stated that they still had plans but too early to talk about it. In December, one of the Chinese studios hinted the same. If we are to take the belief that the Egypt game has no multiplayer either, as reported, then in my view it might suggest that something would launch with the remasters. By the time it hits, the team in question could have spent between two to three years on it. Again, this is all speculation but I can't fathom what else is going on if not that.
What gave you the notion that there might not be a multiplayer mode in the next game? All I have read on the subject, did not hint on one way or another.

I might agree in the cases of Brotherhood, Revelations and AC3. But from what I was able to gather, Black Flag's servers are still online. There are fewer players as time goes on, but I am under the impression people still play it. I just do not believe in a unified multiplayer mode. From Brotherhood to AC3, as the multiplayer modes are independent from the story modes, they can just eliminate the multiplayer trophies. From Black Flag onwards, there is no reason whatsoever to eliminate multiplayer, especially in Unity.

Sorrosyss
01-06-2016, 09:19 AM
The leaker on 4chan stated a few other details (its in the main rumor thread), one of which that there was zero multiplayer in the 2017 game. Hence my confusion about UbiSoft's previous comments on the subject.

Civona
01-06-2016, 09:30 AM
I think what we can assume they learned from Unity was that their approach of trying to add on more and more things without really seriously fixing previous problems is unsustainable.

It would have been fine if brotherhood had added multiplayer and then future games just relied on improving the basic singleplayer experience alongside multiplayer, but they kept adding more things like multiplayer: den defense, first person platforming, ship combat, ect.

I think their plan is to give themselves more time to make a more focused kind of game. And so they probably aren't lying when they say that multiplayer is still in the plans, but it's probably been shifted further in the future due to the necessary slowdown (shifted to a game that will be able to justify focusing on making it actually good.)

joelsantos24
01-06-2016, 11:58 AM
The leaker on 4chan stated a few other details (its in the main rumor thread), one of which that there was zero multiplayer in the 2017 game. Hence my confusion about UbiSoft's previous comments on the subject.
Ok then, thanks. Still, I honestly do not believe the next game will not have multiplayer. It was hugely disappointing, when they announced that Syndicate was not going to have multiplayer, so I do not believe they will skip the mode on the next installment as well. The extra time they are allegedly taking, will probably be used to stabilize the entire experience, in my opinion.

I think what we can assume they learned from Unity was that their approach of trying to add on more and more things without really seriously fixing previous problems is unsustainable.

It would have been fine if brotherhood had added multiplayer and then future games just relied on improving the basic singleplayer experience alongside multiplayer, but they kept adding more things like multiplayer: den defense, first person platforming, ship combat, ect.

I think their plan is to give themselves more time to make a more focused kind of game. And so they probably aren't lying when they say that multiplayer is still in the plans, but it's probably been shifted further in the future due to the necessary slowdown (shifted to a game that will be able to justify focusing on making it actually good.)
What do you mean by unsustainable? I understand that many players had a (literally) broken or flawed experience with Unity, but many fans (myself included) had a fantastic experience with the game. I will say it again, I was fortunate enough to own an immaculate copy of Unity, and I absolutely loved every second of it. The problem with Unity, was that they underestimated the demands of the new generation systems, and they did create a new engine, for that matter, so everything conjugated into a context that was very much prone to errors and glitches. I do not think it had anything whatsoever to do with multiplayer. Although, I do agree that they should try to indulge in a more sustainable development, with the addition of merely a few new elements in each new installment, rather than including a bunch of those all at once.

Desmond20005
01-24-2016, 10:17 AM
I think instead of the game remastered it's more like the Initiate using the Helix experiencing the memories of previous games' Assassins. Kind of like with Unity which have a list of collection of memories in the beginning and the only memories you can pick is The Tragedy of Jacques de Molay except this time they can pick any Assassin's Memories. Personally I hope the game is about the Russian Revolution.

ShadoeKat
01-27-2016, 05:30 PM
It's like a remaster of all last gen games. But what does make sense is, with the movie coming and there will be people not totally familiar with the AC world, after the movie they might find themselves interested in playing the games. And those people likely could be on the latest gen systems. So Ubisoft might just be seeing that is the best tie in with the movie and the most stable possibly. Gaining people from the movie into the games sets Ubisoft up nicely for a totally new release in 2017. Also gives them time to polish things up. If I was them I would have surely not put out a movie and a new game and have the game with major issues... it would bode well for the movie and franchise. But releasing remastered, basically proven games for any new folks would help and also improve profits across the board.

Side note... since Ubi is also behind The Division which is finally coming out, a good chunk of resources might be put towards getting that game launched since it's a huge multiplayer and this likely could set up how multiplayer might fit into the future AC titles.

Sorrosyss
01-27-2016, 08:23 PM
I recall reading somewhere that both For Honor and The Division might be technical test beds for UniSoft's other IPs, as they have stated previously about their aim to make "connected worlds". A combination of those two games with an AC theme would be pretty interesting for a multiplayer spinoff!

Jessigirl2013
02-06-2016, 04:15 PM
Didnt they already do the AC anthology?:confused:

It would be cool if they made the old games HD, But when I was HD I don't mean a s**** HDport.

I want Syndicate level of graphics.:cool:

HDinHB
06-01-2016, 09:35 PM
So this is http://www.assassinscreedcollection.com/

http://www.gamesradar.com/assassins-creed-collection-confirmed-as-monthly-magazine-of-hideous-models/

Excited about the potential of an HD Assassin's Creed Collection when you heard the news of Ubi trademarking assassinscreedcollection.com were you? Perhaps you dreamed it would be a shiny remastered trilogy of Ezio's adventures? Well, let me curb stomp your dream skull against a pavement, teeth first. And then put a hidden blade through your eyes.

The Assassin's Creed Collection is actually a monthly magazine model collection. You know the sort. Pay 2.99 for your first model and then gradually hand over more useful internal organs until you have a passable set of collectibles and no self-respect left.

Except in this case, the models aren't passable. They are a plastic death. Just look for yourself.
http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1203965/G5QDhCdBBiCsbiwuoYLgU-650-80__1_.jpg
http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1203966/v4rk7rTAGqX7syaSyPRhU-650-80.jpg

Maybe the magazines are good?

I wouldn't mind having the tankard.

LoyalACFan
06-01-2016, 11:11 PM
So this is http://www.assassinscreedcollection.com/

http://www.gamesradar.com/assassins-creed-collection-confirmed-as-monthly-magazine-of-hideous-models/

http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1203965/G5QDhCdBBiCsbiwuoYLgU-650-80__1_.jpg
http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1203966/v4rk7rTAGqX7syaSyPRhU-650-80.jpg

Maybe the magazines are good?

I wouldn't mind having the tankard.

Oh sweet Jesus XD What a f***ing trainwreck. I just laughed out loud at that Cesare one.

Sorrosyss
06-02-2016, 01:47 AM
Haha, quite. The outfits are... passable. Recognisble. But the faces... oh the faces. The eyes! lol.

It's like the painter did all the hard work, and left the face till last and just went... meh... *splodge* :p

ERICATHERINE
06-02-2016, 05:27 AM

This make me remember this video. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Nai5TH7R8

Markaccus
06-02-2016, 10:19 AM
Cesare Borgia..... or..... Santa Clause - The Early Years.

BananaBlighter
06-02-2016, 02:06 PM
I understand why there's no Arno figurine, Ubi seem to want to forget about ACU. But why is there nobody from AC4?

ERICATHERINE
06-02-2016, 05:46 PM
I understand why there's no Arno figurine, Ubi seem to want to forget about ACU. But why is there nobody from AC4?

Do you really want ubisoft to disfigure Edward? :rolleyes:

BananaBlighter
06-02-2016, 06:30 PM
Do you really want ubisoft to disfigure Edward? :rolleyes:

Seeing as he's my favourite protagonist, I think I'm generally glad that he wasn't part of this monstrosity.

Sushiglutton
06-02-2016, 06:41 PM
I begged for an extra year and Ubi delivered :cool:!

BujinTao
06-03-2016, 12:41 AM
Maybe it's a clothing line because we all need Abstergo Bodybands.

cawatrooper9
06-03-2016, 02:20 PM

I don't know, Connor even made the cut, and Ubisoft goes out of their way to exclude him. Maybe they didn't necessary "want to forget" about Arno, but they actually forgot about him. I tend to, ACU wasn't super memorable.

HDinHB
06-03-2016, 11:58 PM
Arno does appear on the homepage http://www.assassinscreedcollection.com, hiding behind the "Subscribe now" button between Jacob and Edward. You can see his phantom blade. So maybe they will be part of future releases after the stunning success of these first six. Or it could be he's just part of the wallpaper:

http://i.imgur.com/rLwfcja.jpg

RobertMcSassin
12-29-2016, 12:01 PM
Thread necro!!...

I was one of the people who subscribed to this collection and thought it was pretty alright, really...Well, certainly the three issues I got anyways...

I was told after that third one turned up, that these three issues were only a trial-run and that my subscription would be held until such time as/if/when/etc the whole monthly collection was to be released...

So here we are...Just after Christmas; film almost out in the UK...The perfect time to actually let them all out aaaaaand...Nothing...Well, so far as I can see anyways...Nothing on the Hachette website...No adverts on tele alongside the other partworks that are incoming...

Anyone out there know if this is proper dead and buried, or whether they're just holding on for a bit longer to see what happens with the film?...

Also...Did anyone else actually subscribe?...

Cheers...