PDA

View Full Version : Is Unity the worst for Stealth?

Jdeadevil
12-13-2015, 11:39 PM
Now, I do like some additions, I like the introduction to skills like disguise and fluidity in blending in with the crowds, but I hate pretty much everything else about the stealth mechanics. The game itself runs flawlessly on maximum settings so I don't have any gripe with technical issues, but the mechanics of combat and stealth don't cease to frustrate me. The game has such good graphics and feels so organic that I feel like I'm playing a movie, you know, one where the bad-*** crawls around the enemy HQ taking out the bad guys, but that kind of immersion is lost on me when 9/10 I have to retry about five times before I get it, and half the time on-top of that resorting to escaping after each kill, inevitably being put down by a Call of Duty player who's too lazy to fight me with his sword, or messfully mashing strike after using a smoke bomb. Now don't get me wrong, I can clear a room, utalising all the tools available, but I have almost maximum stats now and I'm still dying repeatedly, again, the immersion is lost on me. You have my respect if you can do a proper assassination story mission without being involved in a police chase even once,

To me, this game isn't even about Assassins, Templars or Sages anymore, it's about a man who's trapped in a badly designed video game and can't get out, and if he tries, he hears an obnoxious unfitting cockney accent telling him "I'll knock your bloody head in" every five seconds.

Edit: I want to get Syndicate but I don't know how related it is to this game and the problems I have, is it worth getting through to play that?

Edit 2: Oh yeah and about the disguise skill, it would be much more useful if even the gentlest of sneezes didn't undo the disguise. A timer would be a perfect alternative.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-14-2015, 04:01 PM
Now, I do like some additions, I like the introduction to skills like disguise and fluidity in blending in with the crowds, but I hate pretty much everything else about the stealth mechanics. The game itself runs flawlessly on maximum settings so I don't have any gripe with technical issues, but the mechanics of combat and stealth don't cease to frustrate me. The game has such good graphics and feels so organic that I feel like I'm playing a movie, you know, one where the bad-*** crawls around the enemy HQ taking out the bad guys, but that kind of immersion is lost on me when 9/10 I have to retry about five times before I get it, and half the time on-top of that resorting to escaping after each kill, inevitably being put down by a Call of Duty player who's too lazy to fight me with his sword, or messfully mashing strike after using a smoke bomb. Now don't get me wrong, I can clear a room, utalising all the tools available, but I have almost maximum stats now and I'm still dying repeatedly, again, the immersion is lost on me. You have my respect if you can do a proper assassination story mission without being involved in a police chase even once,

To me, this game isn't even about Assassins, Templars or Sages anymore, it's about a man who's trapped in a badly designed video game and can't get out, and if he tries, he hears an obnoxious unfitting cockney accent telling him "I'll knock your bloody head in" every five seconds.

Edit: I want to get Syndicate but I don't know how related it is to this game and the problems I have, is it worth getting through to play that?

Edit 2: Oh yeah and about the disguise skill, it would be much more useful if even the gentlest of sneezes didn't undo the disguise. A timer would be a perfect alternative.

you have guards that dodge gun shots and start fighting you IN SMOKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnAj7vfOZ2Y

and guards that all have eagle vision appretnly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN3YBvesX7Q

and guards who were dying of poison gass, but as soon as you attack them, they recover and start fighting in poison gas when you're dying of it.

the game was a cluster [Removed]

you can't wisthle and they wont come near a hidden spot, you can throw fire cracker to attract them, but they stand 5 feet away from it so you cant kill them, if you throw behind a hidden spot , you cant get in as they already noticed you, all in all, that was a mess

you can't toggle from one cover to an other like in wach dogs, when you take cover while in crouch, you can't get out of cover from the positon without pressing space, and when you do, you stand up like a moron and get detrcted.

you have to buy money pouches to throw your own money ? M'Kay

i can honestly go on and on.

strigoi1958
12-15-2015, 02:09 AM
why would anyone jump into poison gas to attack a dying man ?
whistle is not in ACU neither is the ability to hack phones like in watch dogs or laser guns from fallout 4 ... if you need specific tools/ skills in order to play a game... you need to play the games that incorporate those tools/ skills.
With a small amount of practice, using the cherry bomb (either behind a haycart and entering it or throwing it (you do know it can be thrown don't you?) a few yards behind you will draw guards to you... if you are worried about being spotted entering the haycart (which happens sometimes but I've killed hundreds using this method) drop a smoke bomb as well.
You CAN move from cover to cover. and with as many tools at ones disposal maybe only morons get detected ;)
some real money buys a big pouch of counterfeit coins that works as an obstacle to guards chasing behind, a hiding place and a distraction plus it earned club points in competition... as I amassed over 25 million in Unity money.. i could almost buy points using it.

If you are given a hammer and a nail and decide to hold the metal hammer head and hit the nail with the wooden shaft... it doesn't make hammer and nails a bad idea... it just means you lack the necessary skill to use it.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-15-2015, 06:15 AM
why would anyone jump into poison gas to attack a dying man ?
whistle is not in ACU neither is the ability to hack phones like in watch dogs or laser guns from fallout 4 ... if you need specific tools/ skills in order to play a game... you need to play the games that incorporate those tools/ skills.
With a small amount of practice, using the cherry bomb (either behind a haycart and entering it or throwing it (you do know it can be thrown don't you?) a few yards behind you will draw guards to you... if you are worried about being spotted entering the haycart (which happens sometimes but I've killed hundreds using this method) drop a smoke bomb as well.
You CAN move from cover to cover. and with as many tools at ones disposal maybe only morons get detected ;)
some real money buys a big pouch of counterfeit coins that works as an obstacle to guards chasing behind, a hiding place and a distraction plus it earned club points in competition... as I amassed over 25 million in Unity money.. i could almost buy points using it.

If you are given a hammer and a nail and decide to hold the metal hammer head and hit the nail with the wooden shaft... it doesn't make hammer and nails a bad idea... it just means you lack the necessary skill to use it.

First, you still didnt asnwer the smoke bomb part or you just agree with how stupid it is or how the gaurds havce eagle vision in it,

now the part you cherry picked

1) i'm not trying, i throw a poison bomb goes far and will be fighting aother gurad, mean while the guard from the poins gas bomb bomb follows me to tries to attack me and suddenly gets healed.

2) small ammount of pateinets ?
you really need to stop assuming things for once, i have had enough patients to get those 224 hidden kills trust me.

http://i.imgur.com/kZUu0ME.png

3) you can only move from cover to cover near the dors and the evniroment should be in line of the cover and right next to it to do so, i can't select my next point of cover, how about what you said, but with less " mororn" part ? it's like you want me to pick a fight with you, being condesending doesn't help either.

strigoi1958
12-15-2015, 01:59 PM
He's not deaf and neither am I... there is the sound of the gun just before it is fired... those guards always dodge bullets whether in smoke or not so maybe it is too much of a stretch for your imagination to think they can hear that gun as well... watch it again and listen. Please name any game you think does not need any stretch of the imagination... I think it is stupid, you think this is real life not a game ;) oh wait... doesn't smoke make us deaf as well ?

well if you throw poison gas close enough to you that guards dying can attack you... that is just poor strategy... I only got gassed twice in 700+ hours of playing and neither time was my own gas bomb ... somebody else had thrown it.

3. so you CAN move from cover to cover in Unity... but you want it to move like cover to cover in another game... well as I said before go play the other game... when I play chess I don't use the rules of draughts and vice versa. If you cannot adapt to new games, new skills, new tools.... stay with the games you can play.

Hiding spot assassinations nice... I used to do 20 + of them a day and played every day for 5 months in club competition... I could earn 1 million creed points per day on my own... if you want to try to impress me.. you'll need to do better :)

Frag_Maniac
12-15-2015, 08:45 PM
Personally, I kinda liked the stealth mechanic in Unity because a lot of the memories had multiple routes (including many underground passages), and a lot of the bonus objectives required stealth to achieve them. Add to that decent AI patrol scenarios and structures that required good timing and navigating to stay on tailed targets, and it kept you amply busy vs being an easy walk in the park first try every time.

One thing I fault Unity on is checkpoints made it WAY too easy to fail stealth. There were many times I expected to be taken back to the start of the memory when getting spotted tailing a target halfway through, only to be taken to an easy checkpoint where the AI that had just spotted me were easy to get past.

Syndicate by comparison will mostly have a string of simple memories, then the final one in the sequence will be multi route, with multi side options, but still not as complex as the ones in Unity regarding routes of options. Everything in Syndicate just seems like an easy 100% sync by comparison. Unity WAS easier to 100% sync than past titles, but Syndicate more so, too much more.

Jdeadevil
12-20-2015, 07:29 AM
I've noticed that the main difference between Unity and Syndicate is that Syndicate seems to be more dedicated to the roots of the game and pretty much has elements from every single one so far,, even though it still has its fair share of problems, such as Jacob and Evie not doing what I ask, and the giant magnets in the guards fists that make Jacob/Evie fly towards them. Is it just me or did the older Assassin's Creed games let you select targets before you gravitated towards them? I seem to remember in Assassin's Creed III thinking "Why is this so sloppy and uncontrollable?"

DazKRaptorSquad
12-20-2015, 10:38 PM
Stealth was a disaster in Unity full-stop. Doesn't mean it was impossible but when you are in a building hiding behind a lounge and a guard in a building looking out a window detects you from 50 metres away but the guard standing 1 metre away from you doesn't. That's just rubbish. Mind you Syndicate is the complete opposite, stealth is even more unrealistic in this game than any of the others, it's way too overpowered.