PDA

View Full Version : If they do block kills again

VernalBreak
12-13-2015, 08:59 PM
In a combat thread lots and lots of people wanted block kills over many other combat features so should time be slowed down whenever you block like in ac3 black flag and rogue? I went wtih the vote that it should not be slowed down as it takes away from the realism as assassin's don't have superpowers. If you do not know what I am talking about play any of the block kill games and simply block attacks and you will see that the screen is blurred and time gets slowed down. Block kills would still be not overly difficult as you could still one-hit enemies that attack you.

Sesheenku
12-14-2015, 03:47 AM
You mean counter kill dear.

Yes I want it back at least as difficult as it was in AC1 or AC2 both games had different attacks or enemies that required different timing, especially with the hidden blade. The hidden blade counter kill difficulty from the first two games should be the easiest difficulty.

VernalBreak
12-14-2015, 07:15 AM
Uh no, I ment block kills. Counter kill was the design from the early games where block kills were from later games. I went with a poll about block kills since they tied in the poll and I prefer block kills. To specify: Counter kills were used from The orginal ac game to revelations. Block kills were used in 3, black flag, and rogue. This is a poll about block kills.

ImaginaryRuins
12-14-2015, 09:11 AM
I would prefer time NOT slowed down. More realistic. AC1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations didn't have time-slow setting and it was fine.

dxsxhxcx
12-14-2015, 12:35 PM
Can you provide a link showing about what you're talking about? Because judging by your description, you're talking about counter kills... Anyway, I believe time shouldn't be slowed down

VernalBreak
12-14-2015, 06:07 PM
What don't you understand? Play assassin's creed 3, assassin's creed black flag, or assassin's creed rogue and do combat; that is a block kill. Then, play assassin's creed, assassin's creed 2, assassin's creed brotherhood, or assassins creed revelations; that is a counter kill. I suppose they can both be called counter kills sometimes but as they are completely different combat designs I prefer to call one a block kill and one a counter kill. Also, that is not just me calling them block kills. A block kill is where when the attack comes you press parry and you press kill while parrying. A counter kill is where while you have block pressed you press attack and your weapon will do a little motion and if an enemy attacks while you are doing that motion a counter attack will be formed.

phoenix-force411
12-14-2015, 06:55 PM
Uh no, I ment block kills. Counter kill was the design from the early games where block kills were from later games. I went with a poll about block kills since they tied in the poll and I prefer block kills. To specify: Counter kills were used from The orginal ac game to revelations. Block kills were used in 3, black flag, and rogue. This is a poll about block kills.
Technically, it's a counter, but it's just a counter that doesn't involve killing the attacker. Blocking is when you hold down the counter button or high profile button depending on what game you're playing. That's blocking.

VernalBreak
12-14-2015, 07:03 PM
Kind of. They are different things though. In the block kill games it is not even called a counter; In black flag tutorial it says to press the B button to block and when you are blocking press the X button to kill. In the early games they are referred to as counter kills.

m4r-k7
12-14-2015, 07:19 PM
I don't think that type of combat will come back. They took it out of Unity and Syndicate for a reason (both of those games have different combat as well). On the one hand I liked the combat in AC 3 and AC 4 as it was really cinematic, but on the other it was way too easy (which made you way too overpowered). I know I am in a minority here but I really liked Unity's combat (it was one of the only newer features I liked). But I guess if they do the block kills again, I wouldn't want time slowed down. My favorite combat is from AC 1 though so I wish they brought that back.

BananaBlighter
12-14-2015, 08:40 PM
I definitely prefer these 'block kills' over the simple counter kills. I like the fact that not only does it require timing, but it opens up a variety of possibilities on how to react once an attack is blocked. This is what really kept AC3's combat fresh, varied and entertaining.

If this was combined with directional control of the weapon like For Honor, it could add challenge and hence bring back the awesome animations and variety from AC3 without sacrificing difficulty.

About time being slowed down, I do not mind. I guess I'd slightly prefer a constant speed, since the pauses in AC3 were unnecessarily long.

VernalBreak
12-14-2015, 09:40 PM
@mr4-k7, Unity was actually my favorite game so far because I loved the combat. I did not like ac1 as much though. I would be absolutely happy with another unity type combat system but I am afraid I doubt ubi would do that because so few people other than you agree with me. I also agree with you that block kills were too easy. That is why I made a thread like this to make timing more of a thing that would increase difficulty. Combining the enemies thread with this and the combat thread there could be block kills, but you have to time it right so no blocking before or blocking after. You could not spam the block button and be invincible and enemies would be more challenging attacking quicker. So even if they added a block kill system back in it would not be necessarily easy.

@BananaBlighter, An art of battle block kill system is one of the best combat ideas! It could be adapted to be faster than For Honor by having each side in the arrows be a different attack direction! By arrows I mean the button with four directions on it on the lower left of an xbox one controller; not sure exactly what to call it.:o